Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
    Can someone either sell me on Wisconsin, or confirm my belief that they will not do damage in the tourny. I think they are a #2 seed for sure, but I just don't buy them as a contender.

    Basically, someone tell me why I should have the Badgers getting past round 2, because at this point I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's just because I don't know much about them, but if that's the case then I'd appreciate the enlightenment. :)
    Simple answer, Wisconsin is the best defensive team in the country. I understand that they aren't an appealing team to most people because of the low scoring games, but that's what gives us a great chance to go far. Last year we had better players, but the problem was that we adjusted to who we played. This year I think we have a better team and we control the pace of the game. I'd be shocked if we couldn't get past the second round. The style of basketball we play fits what is needed to win in the tounament. Obviously I am a Wisconsin fan, but I think I'd be saying this even if I wasn't. I share some of the same thoughts about Georgetown.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      so what does everyone think the seedings are gonna be...I'm only doing 1-4:

      1: UNC, UCLA, Memphis, Kansas
      2: Tennesee, Texas, Wisconsin, Georgetown
      3: Duke, Stanford, Butler, Louisville
      4: Drake, Purdue, Pittsburgh, ND/UConn

      I have Pitt in there because for some reason winning the conference tourny and being above average leads to a high seed (see Iowa in 06, average season + tourny champ = 3 seed) and I think Duke's loss + GTown making their Champ game, then Gtown takes Duke's 2 seed

      that's how I see it as well

      Comment


      • very similar except I have Stanford as a 2 seed and Georgetown being a 3.

        On a side note, I know they are the favorites, but I can't see people upsetting UNC or UCLA in the tournament, both are very consistent, have won close games, and are the teams I think with the best chances, imo.
        Last edited by Gatz; 03-16-2008, 04:33 PM.
        Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
        Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
        Originally posted by Lions WMD
        It's called Auto Fellatio!

        Comment


        • Top 10 seeds, no order within the seeds

          1: UNC, UCLA, Memphis, Kansas
          2: Tennessee, Wisconsin, Texas, Georgetown
          3: Duke, Louisville, Stanford, Butler
          4: Notre Dame, Purdue, UCONN, Xavier
          5: Pitt, Washington State, Clemson, Drake
          6: Michigan State, Indiana, Vandy, Marquette
          7: USC, Gonzaga, West Virginia, BYU
          8: Davidson, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, UNLV
          9: Kansas State, Kent State, Arkansas, Mississippi State
          10: Baylor, Miami, South Alabama, Saint Mary's

          Comment


          • wow... Georgia is IN!
            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
            Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
            Originally posted by Lions WMD
            It's called Auto Fellatio!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              Simple answer, Wisconsin is the best defensive team in the country. I understand that they aren't an appealing team to most people because of the low scoring games, but that's what gives us a great chance to go far. Last year we had better players, but the problem was that we adjusted to who we played. This year I think we have a better team and we control the pace of the game. I'd be shocked if we couldn't get past the second round. The style of basketball we play fits what is needed to win in the tounament. Obviously I am a Wisconsin fan, but I think I'd be saying this even if I wasn't. I share some of the same thoughts about Georgetown.
              So you think one thing Wisconsin has above any team in the nation, is defense. They're not very talented offensively (or are they, just trying to translate what you wrote) but they score enough and can shut any team down offensively, even Tennessee or Memphis. In addition, the way they play on offense contributes to the lack of scoring by their opponents.

              That what you're saying? If so, I like it...very different kind of team, but that can very easily go in their advantage.
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

              Jets will not take McFadden...

              Comment


              • Teams need to get Wisky out of that half court game, I'd like to see a team run them up and down the floor, that's how you beat them IMO. That and making open shots which we could not do at all today.

                Btw iowatreat, how did your Hawkeyes do against us this year and in the Tournament? Oh that's right...LMAO.


                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  Teams need to get Wisky out of that half court game, I'd like to see a team run them up and down the floor, that's how you beat them IMO. That and making open shots which we could not do at all today.
                  And what teams do you think would qualify for that?
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                  Jets will not take McFadden...

                  Comment


                  • Final 6 seeds

                    11: St. Joe's, Kentucky, Villanova, Western Kentucky
                    12: Temple, Oregon, Arizona, Illinois State
                    13: San Diego, George Mason, Cornell, Oral Roberts
                    14: Austin Peay, Belmont, Boise State, Winthrop
                    15: Siena, UMBC, Cal St. Fullerton, Portland St.
                    16: American, Mississippi Valley St., Northwestern St,. play in
                    Play in: Mount St. Mary's, Coppin State

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Final 6 seeds

                      11: St. Joe's, Kentucky, Villanova, Western Kentucky
                      12: Temple, Oregon, Arizona, Illinois State
                      13: San Diego, George Mason, Cornell, Oral Roberts
                      14: Austin Peay, Belmont, Boise State, Winthrop
                      15: Siena, UMBC, Cal St. Fullerton, Portland St.
                      16: American, Mississippi Valley St., Northwestern St,. play in
                      Play in: Mount St. Mary's, Coppin State
                      You forgot UGA :)
                      I still have no idea how a 4-12 team won the conference tournament.
                      Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                      Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                      Originally posted by Lions WMD
                      It's called Auto Fellatio!

                      Comment


                      • So Georgia is going dancin'!

                        There is going to be one bubble team that will be mightily PO'd.

                        And Kansas gets a #1 seed over a team with the #1 RPI and #1 SOS in Tennessee? LOL

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                          You forgot UGA :)
                          I still have no idea how a 4-12 team won the conference tournament.
                          Damn, that takes Illinois State out then.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                            So Georgia is going dancin'!

                            There is going to be one bubble team that will be mightily PO'd.

                            And Kansas gets a #1 seed over a team with the #1 RPI and #1 SOS in Tennessee? LOL
                            This isn't college football bud, RPI and SOS are not an exact science at all



                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                            Comment


                            • Wow, tough break for Indiana

                              Comment


                              • Man, the state of Indiana got the shaft

                                Indiana a #8 seed and Butler a #7 seed, really?



                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information