College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Oh and small schools got the shaft...again. Illinois State and Dayton both should be in.

And why is Oregon a #9 seed? Gimme a break.
    Dayton, yes, but didn't Illinois St. get beat by like 30 in their conference tourney? I can see why that would knock a team off the bubble in the eyes of the committee.

Originally posted by snuff
    Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
      wow 11:25?don't most 1 seed not play til the 6 pm game at the earliest?
      No, they play earlier because they are less appealing for TV. 8-9 games and around there like the Kansas State-USC games get the primetime slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Creek View Post
        Dayton, yes, but didn't Illinois St. get beat by like 30 in their conference tourney? I can see why that would knock a team off the bubble in the eyes of the committee.
        Dayton doesn't deserve a bid...They went like 6-6 their last 12 games and lost in the first round of the A-10 tourney...just a horrible finish

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Creek View Post
          Yeah I said the same thing at the time, but there were so few bubble teams that stepped up.

I'd take Oregon and Kentucky out and put Dayton and Illinois State in. The criteria should be based on the whole season, not how you play at certain points of it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            Dayton doesn't deserve a bid...They went like 6-6 their last 12 games and lost in the first round of the A-10 tourney...just a horrible finish
            So? It should be about the season you put together. Kentucky got their asses handed to them by Gardner-Webb.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              Hmm, I see. I was basing my opinion on how they dominated St. Joes a week ago. That looked like a team more than worthy of being in the big dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                So? It should be about the season you put together. Kentucky got their asses handed to them by Gardner-Webb.
                I guess our tournament resume should be based on one game. They lost to a 9-17 George Washington. Illinois St. lost to Eastern Michigan who has a lower RPI than GW.

I do agree Dayton should've got a shot, over Oregon or Arizona.
                Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 03-16-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• NIT bracket for whoever it was that asked...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas...s/viewable_nit

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    NIT bracket for whoever it was that asked...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas...s/viewable_nit
                    Va Tech doesn't make it past the 2nd round.

Comment

• Wow. Can't wait to see my boy up against USC. I don't know how to view that match-up. USC by all means should win, but I don't know if Mayo will revert back to his old tendencies in the presence of another (and unquestionably greater) college star. Plus, Jefferson and Gibson seem to be off and on as much as K-State's supporting cast. IMO, this game is going to be relatively close regardless, either because the teams will be on or because they'll be sloppy.

Also surprised Duke got a 2 seed. Their second round game, IMO, will be trouble regardless because of what those teams offer. But if they can get by that team, I can very easily see them getting to the Elite Eight.

Just looking at the brackets though, the South is ridiculous. If Memphis can manage to get all the way through that, they should take the whole thing. IMO, in terms of strength of the bracket, I'd go with: South > East > West > Midwest.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Oh yeah. We should all do our own bracket challenge sort of thing. Maybe for rep or whatever.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• There's one posted up, I'm joined. Don't remember the ID/Pass though, hopefully someone else can help.

Comment

• Maryland will win the NIT!

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              I guess our tournament resume should be based on one game. They lost to a 9-17 George Washington. Illinois St. lost to Eastern Michigan who has a lower RPI than GW.

I do agree Dayton should've got a shot, over Oregon or Arizona.
                              No I don't think Kentucky had the overall resume to get in either. They got in because they did well in a weak SEC and because their name is Kentucky.

Comment

• UMASS will win the NIT!
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information