Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't decide whether Pitt can beat Memphis and/or Baylor can beat Duke...

    sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
      Final 4 two years ago and then the elite 8 last year... and it's hard to argue that they won't be a lot better this year than either of those teams. Calipari doesn't let them play down to the level of their competition too much, although I agree there schedule hurts them in March. I just think they're too good this year. I predict they'll go undefeated, tourney and all.
      Sooo close.... still picking them to win it all.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        No I don't think Kentucky had the overall resume to get in either. They got in because they did well in a weak SEC and because their name is Kentucky.
        4th in conference RPI and 2nd in most bids...

        I do agree that our name obviously helped. Arizona/Oregon/UK/Villanova's resume with a mid-major gets them in. Dayton is the one team I feel should've been in.

        Comment


        • i still have no idea how Arizona got a bid and ASU did not.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
            i still have no idea how Arizona got a bid and ASU did not.
            People are too caught up with Arizona State winning both games. It's simple, really.

            Arizona
            RPI: 38th
            SOS: 2nd
            vs RPI top 100: 10-12
            Big Wins: vs #9 Texas A&M, vs #6 Washington State, at #17 Washington State
            Big Losses: @ #4 Kansas, @ #2 Memphis, @ #5 UCLA, vs #7 Stanford, vs #4 UCLA

            Arizona State
            RPI: 83rd
            SOS: 77th
            vs RPI top 100: 7-11
            Big Wins: vs #17 Xavier, vs #7 Stanford
            Big Losses: vs #6 Washington State, @ #5 UCLA, @ #17 Washington State, vs #4 UCLA

            Comment


            • Does anyone know how well Vanderbilt plays perimeter defense...If they don't have a great perimeter D, I think Siena will pull off the upset



              sig by BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

              Comment


              • Also, does anyone think Butler can take down Tennessee? I'm strongly considering calling the upset



                sig by BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                  Also, does anyone think Butler can take down Tennessee? I'm strongly considering calling the upset
                  Well I have South Alabama taking down Tennesee in round two but I don't think that Butler can...I've seen them play and I am very familiar with the Horizon League, and I believe Butler is certainly more talented than any team in the conference but the League sucks and Butler is overrated


                  Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    Does anyone know how well Vanderbilt plays perimeter defense...If they don't have a great perimeter D, I think Siena will pull off the upset
                    Vandy can D you up, they're no slouches in that regard. A lot of their chances really depend on Ogilvy and Foster getting their points which they normally do.

                    I would've had them in the elite 8 but Kansas should show them who's boss.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      Well I have South Alabama taking down Tennesee in round two but I don't think that Butler can...I've seen them play and I am very familiar with the Horizon League, and I believe Butler is certainly more talented than any team in the conference but the League sucks and Butler is overrated
                      Why do you think South Alabama will beat Butler?


                      Also, who does everyone have in Purdue vs. Baylor...I can't decide between Purdue's great perimeter D or Baylor's great perimeter O



                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                        Why do you think South Alabama will beat Butler?


                        Also, who does everyone have in Purdue vs. Baylor...I can't decide between Purdue's great perimeter D or Baylor's great perimeter O
                        South Alabama is 10x more athletic than Butler and will run them out of the gym


                        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                        Comment


                        • Baylor for experience, haven't seen either Baylor or Purdue play hardly so it's basically a hunch and I know Purdue is young.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            South Alabama is 10x more athletic than Butler and will run them out of the gym
                            But does South Alabama play good enough defense to control the pace and make it a fast paced game?

                            Also, you're a Big 10 fan right? Do you think Purdue's defense can shut down Baylor's offense



                            sig by BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                            Comment


                            • Baylor is legit.Scott Drew should be Nation COY IMO for the great job he's done since he got there

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                                Baylor is legit.Scott Drew should be Nation COY IMO for the great job he's done since he got there
                                Yeah, I'm going with Baylor

                                The only game that is really causing problems now is UNLV vs. Kent State



                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information