No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On paper I think Kansas is the best team. I wouldn't doubt them winning it all... With that said, for forever I'd always pick them to go far then they choke, history is making me gun shy.

Comment

• I have North Carolina winning.. how uncreative I know.. but that's just the way my bracket worked out when I thought through it.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.
          Perhaps you should watch out for their dreadful free throw shooting, mediocre three point shooting, and lack of proof by which they could win a big game.
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            On paper I think Kansas is the best team. I wouldn't doubt them winning it all... With that said, for forever I'd always pick them to go far then they choke, history is making me gun shy.
            Na UCLA is absolutely the best team on paper in my eyes.

Can you please tell me why they're the best team on paper though, I'm debating between them and G-Town for the final four so perhaps you will persuade me. :)
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post

Can you please tell me why they're the best team on paper though, I'm debating between them and G-Town for the final four so perhaps you will persuade me. :)
              They've got upperclassman, obviously a big plus. They're good on the inside and outside. They play great defense and can produce in the halfcourt or run if it permits. The only reason I have doubts about them is their history, not a lot to do with this season.

I don't think UCLA has the balance Kansas does. UCLA runs into trouble with perimeter scoring, with that said, I've got them in the championship game lol.

Comment

• I've got UCLA winning. Along with Kansas, Texas, North Carolina in the Final Four. Upset wise I think the one I have that would stand out most is that I have Arizona beating West Virginia and Duke. They were 16-6 when healthy, having both starting guards. This is in the Pac 10 of course, along with arguably the toughest schedule in all of College Basketball. Plus WVU and Duke aren't clearly better in my opinion when I factor everything into account.
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  They've got upperclassman, obviously a big plus. They're good on the inside and outside. They play great defense and can produce in the halfcourt or run if it permits. The only reason I have doubts about them is their history, not a lot to do with this season.

I don't think UCLA has the balance Kansas does. UCLA runs into trouble with perimeter scoring, with that said, I've got them in the championship game lol.
                  If Bill Self wasn't Kansas' coach, I'd probably pick them to go all the way easily.

Comment

• So let me get this straight, since a team in 2004 choked to Bucknell, Kansas teams always have the ability to choke?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

But whatever, I'll let the haters hate...

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• I have the same final 4 as Bobby Knight.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        If Bill Self wasn't Kansas' coach, I'd probably pick them to go all the way easily.
                        Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post

Kansas will dominate the boards in that game and use the best defense in the country to shut down G-Town's perimeter game. We just have way too many weapons on offense, inside and outside, to lose that game

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• But a different result,

Kansas beats UNC
                            UCLA beats Pitt

Kansas beats UCLA

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              An ability to not choke when the going gets tough...
                              Oh yeah, like last when Southern Illnois had us on the ropes in the Sweet 16, oh wait....

Or how bout last year during the regular season when Florida came back to beat us, oh wait...

Or how bout in last year's Big 12 championship game, when we were down 19 points to Kevin Durant and co., we didn't come back in that game did we?

Or how bout in this year's Big 12 championship game where D.J. Augustin and A.J. Abrahms where trading shot for shot with us?

There's been plently of times when KU has won tough games over the past few years, but I guess since we lost to Bucknell, we'll never win another NCAA championship

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                                But a different result,

Kansas beats UNC
                                UCLA beats Pitt

Kansas beats UCLA
                                Yeah, I've got KU-UCLA in the finals too

But I have Louisville and Texas in the Final Four instead

I have Pitt in the Elite 8, but Texas is just too good

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information