College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.
    Um Because he's never been to the Final 4? The team he left in U of I went to the Finals the next year. Bill Self has to prove he can do it just like Roy did. Until then people are allowed to dog him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Everyone says this Kansas team is different and their road is easy enough for them to go all the way. I'm going to have them in the Final Four by default, at least in my mind. Haven't quite finished my bracket, though...
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Oh yeah, like last when Southern Illnois had us on the ropes in the Sweet 16, oh wait....

Or how bout last year during the regular season when Florida came back to beat us, oh wait...

Or how bout in last year's Big 12 championship game, when we were down 19 points to Kevin Durant and co., we didn't come back in that game did we?

Or how bout in this year's Big 12 championship game where D.J. Augustin and A.J. Abrahms where trading shot for shot with us?

There's been plently of times when KU has won tough games over the past few years, but I guess since we lost to Bucknell, we'll never win another NCAA championship
        You know I was talking about NCAAs right? Allow me to modify my college basketball posts, just for you!

KANSAS IS DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! BILL SELF ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FOURS BUT HE IZ DA BESTEST KOACH EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

**** man, you're so annoying with your Kansas lovefest. Let the tournament play out instead of blowing them every chance you get. Till Bill Self proves to me he can win a national title with all the talent he assembles, yes, he is a choker.

You think I give a rat's ******* ass about some regular season game against Florida? Yeah I'm sure Florida really gives a **** about losing to KU in the regular season when they went on to win back to back NCs.

Congrats on beating the UT Kevin Durants. Did it get you a national title?

Congrats on beating Southern Illinois. You still gagged away a national title.

Every year, Kansas is forced down our throats as a super duper awesome team. Win something, then we'll talk. All that talent should get you a national title. If conference titles are all you're worried about, you're shooting too low.

Comment

• Check out this great ending of this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuEMeg8eQE

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

So let me get this straight, since a team in 2004 choked to Bucknell, Kansas teams always have the ability to choke?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever

But whatever, I'll let the haters hate...
            And Bradley....And UCLA....He choked at Illinois too against Notre Dame.

Self is a decent coach but here's the thing, in crunch time when he's forced to adjust his game plan against a very good team in the Tournament, he can't. Now this year could be different because that team has some serious talent (Chalmers, Collins, Rush, Jackson, Arthur, Robinson, Kahn, etc). But history is going against Kansas in the Tournament right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• You don't see losing to a freakin' 13 seed as an upset? Are you kidding me? You were a 4 seed, young or not, you had players on that squad who were flat out studs. Wright, Kaun, Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Hawkins, Jackson...It was a choke job in the first round, period.

Kansas is a very dangerous team though because of the talent they possess and if Self can't get to the Final 4 this year, which I don't think he will, his job has to be re-evaluated by Kansas.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I agree with everything Sweetness just wrote.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Why? He's a top 5 coach... Oh but since Roy's team didn't buy into Self's system and got upset by Bucknell, I suppose Kansas always will choke, and we shouldn't even accept bids to the NCAA

We lost to Bradley because we had a team made up of entirely freshmen and sophomores, I don't really see that as a huge upset.

Upsets are a part of college basketball, Roy choked more than Self has, yet he still won a National Championship eventually. Every major program has been upset quite a few times, yet I don't see those teams and coaches being called and saying that they always choke.
                  First thing, Bill Self is a Top 5 RECRUITER not coach. He can bring in the talent, but when it comes down to crunch time he just can't get the job done. Roy Williams, Coach K, Ben Howland, Billy Donavan, John Thompson III, Rick Pitino, and even Jamie Dixon are better COACHES. There are borderline coaches like Bo Ryan, Trent Johnson, Tom Izzo, and Tony Bennett could be considered better coaches as well.

And a 13 over a 4 is always an upset. If you don't believe it is then you should probably re-evaluate your knowledge of college hoops and sports in general

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Bo Ryan is way better of a coach in my opinion.. the way he uses his players, who are not near the caliber of Kansas', is amazing.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      You know I was talking about NCAAs right? Allow me to modify my college basketball posts, just for you!

KANSAS IS DA GRATYST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! BILL SELF ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FOURS BUT HE IZ DA BESTEST KOACH EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

**** man, you're so annoying with your Kansas lovefest. Let the tournament play out instead of blowing them every chance you get. Till Bill Self proves to me he can win a national title with all the talent he assembles, yes, he is a choker.

You think I give a rat's ******* ass about some regular season game against Florida? Yeah I'm sure Florida really gives a **** about losing to KU in the regular season when they went on to win back to back NCs.

Congrats on beating the UT Kevin Durants. Did it get you a national title?

Congrats on beating Southern Illinois. You still gagged away a national title.

Every year, Kansas is forced down our throats as a super duper awesome team. Win something, then we'll talk. All that talent should get you a national title. If conference titles are all you're worried about, you're shooting too low.

Did I ever mention that I loved Kansas? No.

I simply presented counter examples to your statement that Kansas always chokes

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• This Kansas team has a history of flaming out early. You can't deny that at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
                          Bo Ryan is way better of a coach in my opinion.. the way he uses his players, who are not near the caliber of Kansas', is amazing.
                          He coaches in a glorified mid-major conference, jk

But seriously, he had a two-seed last year, and almost lost to a #15 seed and then got beat by UNLV. If you guys want to talk about choking...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            This Kansas team has a history of flaming out early. You can't deny that at all.
                            Ok, we lost to Bradley when we had all underclassmen, and then lost to UCLA in the Elite 8.

I don't really consider losing in the Elite 8 to be "flaming out early"

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• How embarrassing... haha

Comment

• Your coach needs to make the Elite 8 to keep himself off the hot seat next season. I love Kansas. Not yelling, just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information