Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    You don't see losing to a freakin' 13 seed as an upset? Are you kidding me? You were a 4 seed, young or not, you had players on that squad who were flat out studs. Wright, Kaun, Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Hawkins, Jackson...It was a choke job in the first round, period.

    Kansas is a very dangerous team though because of the talent they possess and if Self can't get to the Final 4 this year, which I don't think he will, his job has to be re-evaluated by Kansas.
    Hawkins? LOL.

    Kaun was truely anemic his first 3 years at Kansas

    Wright really didn't contribute much his first year at Kansas

    Jackson contributed nothing his first three years at Kansas

    Rush was forced to carry that team and that's why we lost in the first round.

    Let me rephrase this, I do consider it an upset, but I don't consider as a big of an upset as people are hyping it up to be.

    So wait, simply because Kansas has choked before, we'll choke again? That makes no sense.

    When Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Corey Brewer were freshmen, Florida got upset in the first round by Manhattan...I guess that meant that they would continue to choke, and not win 2 straight National Championships right?



    sig by BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      Your coach needs to make the Elite 8 to keep himself off the hot seat next season. I love Kansas. Not yelling, just saying.
      I agree...Self needs to prove himself...all I'm saying is that it is illogical to say that since Kansas has choked before, they will choke this year



      sig by BoneKrusher

      Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
        Hawkins? LOL.

        Kaun was truely anemic his first 3 years at Kansas

        Wright really didn't contribute much his first year at Kansas

        Jackson contributed nothing his first three years at Kansas

        Rush was forced to carry that team and that's why we lost in the first round.

        Let me rephrase this, I do consider it an upset, but I don't consider as a big of an upset as people are hyping it up to be.

        So wait, simply because Kansas has choked before, we'll choke again? That makes no sense.

        When Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Corey Brewer were freshmen, Florida got upset in the first round by Manhattan...I guess that meant that they would continue to choke, and not win 2 straight National Championships right?
        I guess I see where you're coming from now... I don't think any coach could win with what little talent you just outlined. Bill Self = GOD.

        Hitman D

        "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Boston View Post
          I guess I see where you're coming from now... I don't think any coach could win with what little talent you just outlined. Bill Self = GOD.
          No, we had plently of talent, just not a lot of production

          You guys are missing my point entirely....



          sig by BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

          Comment


          • Two straight seasons you got knocked out of the first round, TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS against much lesser competition. You choked against an average UCLA team as well. Kansas has a past history of underachieving with Self. That's why we're saying they are not a good bet to choose in the Tournament and why it is a good bet they'll be upset.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              Ok, we lost to Bradley when we had all underclassmen, and then lost to UCLA in the Elite 8.

              I don't really consider losing in the Elite 8 to be "flaming out early"
              And Bucknell in the First Round 3 years ago. Self did get to the Elite 8 in his first season there though, when they again had some serious talent.


              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                He coaches in a glorified mid-major conference, jk

                But seriously, he had a two-seed last year, and almost lost to a #15 seed and then got beat by UNLV. If you guys want to talk about choking...
                And what do you call the Big 12? Outside of Texas and Kansas, yuck.


                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  Two straight seasons you got knocked out of the first round, TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS against much lesser competition. You choked against an average UCLA team as well. Kansas has a past history of underachieving with Self. That's why we're saying they are not a good bet to choose in the Tournament and why it is a good bet they'll be upset.
                  An average UCLA team? Right....

                  Aaron Affalo, Darren Collison, and Josh Shipp are much more than just average



                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                  Comment


                  • So... Anyone else think that ASU got shafted? A little late, but since we are playing in the NIT tonight (lame) I wanted to know what you guys thought.

                    Seriously, the SEC sucks and let Georgia win. =(


                    Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      So... Anyone else think that ASU got shafted? A little late, but since we are playing in the NIT tonight (lame) I wanted to know what you guys thought.

                      Seriously, the SEC sucks and let Georgia win. =(
                      I don't feel sorry for any team that didn't get in and was on the bubble. There is a simple solution to that, WIN! Win more of the cupcake non-conference games and one or two more conference games and you don't have to worry.

                      Borderline losses : Illinois, Nebraska, Washington, California

                      If ASU would've won one of those four games then they probably would have made it...Plus Xavier was the only ranked non-conference opponent so those games against BCS conference schools mean that much more...By the way LSU was the only BCS non-conference school that they beat...WEAK!


                      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                        Memphis is going all the way...hate all you want, they just don't lose. Lost only 1 game to a then #2 team. Rose, Douglas-Roberts, and Dorsey plus some really good role players. Watch out.
                        I'd be really surprised if they made the final four.

                        If they did they'd run into teams that can take care of business. They had a solid schedule this year but they'll hit a good half court team at some point and it'll be game over.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          Seriously, the SEC sucks and let Georgia win. =(
                          EVERY YEAR people say the SEC is down and every year we put more in the sweet 16 than anyone else.

                          You should be complaining about Oregon and Arizona getting in, the Pac-10 is good but as a whole for Arizona/Oregon to get those seeds they overrated them.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                            An average UCLA team? Right....

                            Aaron Affalo, Darren Collison, and Josh Shipp are much more than just average
                            UCLA got smoked by Florida, a team you beat on a neutral floor and a team that was almost knocked out by a very, very average Indiana team. UCLA was good that year but compared to you guys, c'mon. Again, you choked against lesser competition.

                            Wright, Rush, Collins, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun vs Afflalo, Collison, Matta-Real, Shipp, and Mbah Amoute (sp?). So by my count that's about 5 first rounders for Kansas vs 2 for UCLA.


                            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                            Comment


                            • Man I can't believe the Gophers beat Indiana, we're getting completely run out of the gym by a very average Maryland team. Just not enough talent at all. Thank god for this recruiting class.


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment


                              • In happier news, Akron took down Florida State and my buddy Nick Dials scored 21 points. Ohio State should have kept him on the team.


                                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information