No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm excited to watch Davidson/Gonzaga. It should actually be a good game.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• American is outrebounding Tennesse by 10, and Tennessee just looks awful.

ugh, I just got switched to the Miami game.
      Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 03-21-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
        American is outrebounding Tennesse by 10, and Tennessee just looks awful.
        Tennessee has a worse post-presence than Duke. That says a lot.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
          Kruger is no doubt a great coach, but I'm really not buying an upset here...UNLV doesn't have a great half-court offense nor are they great shooters...Also, they don't have a player over 6'7' which is really going to hurt their chances. In the end, Kansas by 15.

I really don't get the Bill Self hate though, every coach has been known to have let downs...Coach K has had a couple of early exits with hyped teams, Roy Williams lost many early games, Izzo has been upset several times...Every major coach has been upset before, it happens...How's life after Self in Illinois...seems like you can't win without his players...Please tell me the CBI let you guys in...
          But coaches like Williams and Izzo have gotten it done with the talent they have brought in, and neither have been upset to the magnitude of Self (Bucknell and Bradley).

That's the difference. Self has NEVER been to the Final 4, Roy has been there what, 3 or 4 times...Izzo has been there just as much if not more. With the team he has right now it would be a major choke job if he fails to reach the Final 4. They are head and shoulders above anyone in their region in regards to talent. Georgetown and Wisconsin are good teams but Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, Collins, Robinson, Kaun, Jackson, etc...That's just ridiculous.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• As far as coaching goes, Kruger > Self. Self might be a better recruiter, but I don't think anyone can argue that Kruger is a better in-game coach than Self.

Comment

• Oh and life's great after Self left. We went to the National Title Game, got to the Sweet 16, won some Big 10 Titles and have had the best recruiting run in the nation the past year...Brandon Paul, Tyler Griffey, Crandall Head, Jereme Richmond, DJ Richardson, Alex Legion, Stan Simpson, Dominque Keller, and Joseph Bertrand (all 4 star caliber players or higher).

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                As far as coaching goes, Kruger > Self. Self might be a better recruiter, but I don't think anyone can argue that Kruger is a better in-game coach than Self.
                And Kruger knows how to adjust, something Self does not know how to do.

Like I said, there aren't many "upset" matchups tomorrow outside or Duke so I went with UNLV over Kansas as a very good possibility.

Comment

• Also, I am biased so I want to hear other people's views on the matter. Anyone else think it is screwed up that Lute Olsen was paid for his leave of absence this year? He got paid 850,000 dollars this year by the tax payers of Arizona to not coach Arizona basketball.

Anyone else believe that that is completely ****ed up?

Comment

• He is Lute Olson, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      He is Lute Olson, though.
                      Or is he...

Comment

• I cant believe American is hanging w/ the Vols. The Patriot League has become a real tourny threat...haha...unbelievable.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          Baylor, Arizona and Kentucky (to a lesser extent) truly showed why they belonged to be picked as an at-large team in the tournament. Seriously, how the hell did they let Baylor into the tournament. I could name 4 schools that should have been in before them.
                          We were an 11 seed that was down 2 with 28 seconds left... Had Ramon Harris not been in foul trouble the game would've been completely different, he's our best defender at stopping penetration which is exactly what we needed.

Only two games were decided in the final minute yesterday and only 3 were decided by less than 10 points... What a lame first day.

GO HILLTOPPERS!!!!!!!

I root for SEC teams but I can't help but pull for American just a little bit against UT... I'm sure with 10 to go they'll pull away in a hurry.

Comment

• American only down by two but, the foul situation sucks. 6 team fouls already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Drake is not hitting anything, while Western Kentucky is shooting lights out!

F*** me!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• stephen curry is absolutely SICK!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information