College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
    Well the Badgers play today speaks for itself. They shot well from the outside, and played a very good defensive game. The game in the sweet sixteen should be a good one. Georgetown matches up very well with the Badgers. If Davidson gets past the Hoyas I can see the Badgers cruising to the Elite Eight.
    I agree, although both teams scare me a lot. It would be fun to watch those Davidson guards play against our defensive minded guards. Georgetown scares me though because they're strong both internally and on the perimeter. Although with the way we played physically down low today I wouldn't mind watching us vs. Hibbert.

Comment

• I've been a fan of the Badgers all year, but even I don't see them beating Georgetown.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
        I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, so I'm not going to get into it. I just can't wait to hear Hubert Davis on ESPN tonight talking about how "If you watched the game, Kansas State really outplayed them all day long. Wisconsin just had a few bounces go there way."
        I have Wisconsin in the final four, so that should answer your question. And the Big Ten hatred will power through all even if Purdue wins right now and MSU wins later.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I can't see Georgetown letting Curry do what he did to Gonzaga happen again. The Hoyas play tough defense, and will slow the game a snails pace. The Hoyas should advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Bf_51, I agree, I don't know if we can match up with him either. But we really couldn't match up against Beasley either so I'm not counting anything out.

Brodeur, sorry to doubt you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I've been a fan of the Badgers all year, but even I don't see them beating Georgetown.
              Georgetown will have a harder time beating Davidson than Wisconsin because of their style of play, Wisconsin is the perfect fit for Georgetown. If Gtown and Wisconsin plays it all depends on how the refs call the game. Because some games the refs allow defenders to just push Hibbert out of the lane every time with no call.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• The thing about Davidson, and really the tournament in general, is that guards play such a HUGE role. The way they've played some of the more prestigious teams this year I wouldn't be so sure.

Comment

• What is good for Purdue is that the Baby Boilers should be very battled tested. I can't imagine how good they will be next year. They should be loosing any underclassmen early right?

Comment

• What a great inbound play by Xavier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey Sucks
                      Wisconsin could easily beat Georgetown. Hibbert is as slow as dirt. Just play good defense and watch the back screens, play their usual offense and they could easily knock off Georgetown. What messed my bracket up is Clemson.. I had them in the elite 8
                      I think you are overrating Hibbert's lack of speed, if you watch him you will see he runs the court pretty fast for his size, no slower than Butch or Steimsa.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I saw Georgetown earlier this year when they played at DePaul. I was very impressed with Summers and Wallace. I think Hibbert could be a very dominant player in the NBA a few years from now. I also love Patrick Ewing as a role player. I think that Georgetown has a great chance to win the National Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey Sucks
                          Hibbert is as slow as dirt.
                          And Butch and Stiemsma are world class sprinters right?

Comment

I saw Georgetown earlier this year when they played at DePaul. I was very impressed with Summers and Wallace. I think Hibbert could be a very dominant player in the NBA a few years from now. I also love Patrick Ewing as a role player. I think that Georgetown has a great chance to win the National Championship.
                            I agree the pieces are there. It just seems this year they don't show up for a lot of games.

Comment

And Butch and Stiemsma are world class sprinters right?
                              I dont think thats what he was really getting at. While Hibbert is a great player, he just hasn't dominated this year like he should have and thus proposed dominace over Wisconsin may not be 100% justified.

Comment

• I want to see Wisconsin-Georgetown, that'd be a great game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information