• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danman253
    Originally posted by Boston
    Originally posted by danman253
    How am i backpedaling. Michigan has not bee na great program. Playing tough for 3/4 against UCLA is good for us.

Sweetness, all you are saying is that Illinois is good xcept for the injured guys, but you assume they are gonna step in and tear it up? How does that work?
    It's too bad that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...
    And... Michigan is not a great team.

However Illinois is not that good either, and would lose by a lot to UCLA as well.
    So they're classified as an underrated bad team?

God you don't like reading do you?

When does me saying "Not a great team" make them bad.

Underrated. They are an above average team, but should still get a solid 17-18 wins this year.
    But they'll finish about 5th in the Conference. That's not being a homer, that's stating a likely fact. Hell Purdue has a shot to finish in front of you, as does Indiana.

I won't argue that they are a solid team but underrated? You're 12-2 off of a weaker non conference then us and you didn't have the injuries we have. Sure UCLA is a tough game, but playing the likes of Arizona, Missouri, Xavier, and Maryland trumps your non conference.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
      Originally posted by sweetness34
      Originally posted by TitleTown088
      Originally posted by yodachu
      To answer the question earlier......

No, we are not a top 10 team, we are too up and down.

Yes, we are a top 15 team. Prolly, around 15ish, but we are.

Explain why please yoda, other than the 11-1 record. We have a 12-2 record and we aren't ranked. So what makes Duke a top 15 team?

Btw danman, how been them Wolverines, 40 points to UCLA! :shock:

I'm sorry but Michigan is not a better team then Illinois, period end of story.
      Or UCLA is incredibly good. 23 turnovers will kill you. Michigan will sweep Illinois, mark it down
      Just stop dude, please. It's laughable at this point. You have played a very weak non conference schedule and just lost by 40 points to the #1 team in the nation.

And again tt and other Duke fans, you call me a homer but you've...

A) Yet to say anything about my matchup post on Page 28

B) Provide any basis to why Duke is good besides their record

C) Yet to prove to me that you aren't a serious homer, even ttgs said a lot of teams were better than you

D) You've yet to answer my questions about how you feel about their ranking

Step up to the plate and say something besides them having only one loss.
      any other reason??? the only thing that matters in the rankings is your record.
      And we're 12-2 with 6 injuries this season (Chet, Jamar, Warren, Shaun, Semrau, and Randle. You're only argument is their record. Can you even make a legit argument about talent or is that too far out their for you?

I'd really like to see what you can do if you lost Nelson (IMO your best player and scorer if he had a groin injury), McRoberts (if he had a chipped bone in his hand), Paulus (if he had turf toe and foot problems), Scheyer (freshman if he had a severe viral infection), and Henderson (with an ankle injury). Not to mention one of your leaders getting suspended for 4 games.
      i could talk about talent all day, but the bottem line is production. and production is your record. What difference does talent make if you don't win?
      That's not the point of my argument. My argument is that we are a better team on paper and you disputed that. And with our injuries, I'd argue we've been just as productive as you. Kinda hard to win games when you've had a make shift lineup the entire season.
      On paper? on paper? who gives a *********** about on paper! You've been just as productive as duke??????????? duke has two top 25 wins, you have 0. duke has 1 loss you have 2. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
      Gonzaga is no longer in the top 25 anymore, and niether is Georgetown. Sure they were ranked when you played them but both are highly overrated.

Like I said, with our injuries and with the way we've played this non-conference, we've been just as good.

And I already said "on paper" didn't mean much, but you've yet to argue against me on that. So I'm guessing you think Illinois is a better team too.

The fact is you can't argue the other side here. You can't argue that Illinois is a bad team because you can't calculate injuries and you can't break down our team. I can break down Duke, and again no one has argued with me that Paulus and McRoberts are overrated, BECAUSE THEY ARE.

I know you have the better record, I can see that. But give me Illinois or Duke and I'd take Illinois. Why? Because we have a better "healthy" team from my point of view. If you don't agree, then argue my matchup post.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Ok, we all understand this arguement, Illinois is injured, and Duke has a good record. Obviously neither side is going to be moved. Let's argue about Florida. Best team in the NCAA?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
          Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
          no kidding. illinios is a joke.
          *sweetness puts gun to head, and pulls trigger*

Argue this. Please, because you've yet to argue it without saying we suck. Break down our team or your opinion holds no water to me.

You too danman, and jags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston
            Ok, we all understand this arguement, Illinois is injured, and Duke has a good record. Obviously neither side is going to be moved. Let's argue about Florida. Best team in the NCAA?
            No, not right now. UCLA is playing the best. Talent wise? Hmmm well it's a toss up with Florida, Ohio State, UNC, and Kansas.

UCLA looks to be the best coached and the've looked the most consistent.

Florida has been up and down so far. Sure when they play very well no one can beat them IMO, but that's if they play well. Remember they did lose to an inconsistent Kansas team on a neutral court, a Kansas team that lost to both DePaul and Oral Roberts (and OR was at home).

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
              Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.

Argue this. Please, because you've yet to argue it without saying we suck. Break down our team or your opinion holds no water to me.

Illinois is not a joke, i just think you give them way too much credit. You're placing too much on injuries, to players that really if you say they would have played in that "oh they'd win for sure".

Comment

• Originally posted by killa3312
                Simply put: when Florida plays like they did yesterday, nobody in the country is capable of beating them. The thing with Florida is, they're not a deep team, and they need all their players healthy to be a dominant team, but boy, when they're healthy, it's a joy to watch. All of Florida's losses last year, and their two losses this season, have come when they've had players out. If anyone goes down, they're more than beatable, but when they have all their bodies in the lineup, they are a dominant team.

You can see Oden is going to be a special player, he's unbelievable defensively, but he does have his flaws. One main one being that he gets pushed around in the post by experienced and intelligent post players. Horford and Richard continually pushed him out of the paint yesterday and grabbed rebounds over him. He'll learn with time, and if he stays around another year, Ohio State becomes my favorite to win the title in '08.
                Hmmm coincidence or not?

Comment

Illinois is not a joke, i just think you give them way too much credit. You're placing too much on injuries, to players that really if you say they would have played in that "oh they'd win for sure".
                  Ugh; losing two of your best players takes a toll on your team, hell we've even lost Carter now, who if you've watched us has been our MVP. You are not going to go undefeated with the injuries we've had.

Even the mightly Florida has lost because of injuries. I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win for us if we have those guys, but it definitely gives us a better chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by killa3312
                    Simply put: when Florida plays like they did yesterday, nobody in the country is capable of beating them. The thing with Florida is, they're not a deep team, and they need all their players healthy to be a dominant team, but boy, when they're healthy, it's a joy to watch. All of Florida's losses last year, and their two losses this season, have come when they've had players out. If anyone goes down, they're more than beatable, but when they have all their bodies in the lineup, they are a dominant team.

You can see Oden is going to be a special player, he's unbelievable defensively, but he does have his flaws. One main one being that he gets pushed around in the post by experienced and intelligent post players. Horford and Richard continually pushed him out of the paint yesterday and grabbed rebounds over him. He'll learn with time, and if he stays around another year, Ohio State becomes my favorite to win the title in '08.
                    Hmmm coincidence or not?
                    I love how people hate it when other people use the "injuries" excuse, untill they have to use it themselves.

Hitman D

Comment

Hmmm coincidence or not?
                      I love how people hate it when other people use the "injuries" excuse, untill they have to use it themselfves.
                      I assume you're on my side of this injury argument right?

Comment

Hmmm coincidence or not?
                        I love how people hate it when other people use the "injuries" excuse, untill they have to use it themselfves.
                        In most aspects, yes.

Hitman D

Comment

Hmmm coincidence or not?
                          In most aspects, yes.
                          Thank you! :D

Keep in mind, I'm not saying we'd be undefeated with all of our players, but not having them has hurt us. We lacked depth against Arizona and Maryland, which hurt.

Injuries are no key to getting a victory, but having them helps your chances. And it's not like we were blown out in those losses. The Maryland game was tight up until the final whistle and we were beating Arizona by double digits until we kinda stepped off the gas and got in foul trouble.

I am not calling Illinois a top 15 team. But I am calling them a good team that would beat Duke in a matchup, and Michigan. And also I'd like to see Duke go 12-2 if they lose 6 players with injury and suspension. What Weber has been able to do with this team is remarkable to say the least.

Comment

• Sweetness you overrate Illinois way to much. They would not beat Duke, and Michigan-Illinois would be a good matchup.
                            And Keep in mind i think DUke is very overrated.

Comment

Sweetness you overrate Illinois way to much. They would not beat Duke, and Michigan-Illinois would be a good matchup.
                              As do you with Michigan.

Hitman D

Comment

Sweetness you overrate Illinois way to much. They would not beat Duke, and Michigan-Illinois would be a good matchup.
                                As do you with Michigan.
                                how bout both teams won't finish in the top 2 of the big ten so it doesn't matter, they both suck

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information