College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
    He's got some durability problems. Dude is probably the best overall defender on the team besides Ginyard when he is healthy.

Larry Drew will push him, though. Drew is a serious floor leader.

I'm just hoping Hansbrough comes back one more year so Marcus can have another good run as a senior. I know T renewed his lease on his apartment with Marcus, but it was supposed to be one of those "just in case" moves.
    Frasor is a great glue guy and we could really use him in this Tourney. Drew is nice, he'll be great for all of those big men.

Tyler back for one more year would be awesome. To be blunt, I don't think he has much of a pro career ahead of him other than a great energy sixth man, so might as well get a degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
      I have a great feeling about the Wisconsin-Davidson game. Davidson appears to revolve solely around Stephen Curry (from the 2 games I have seen). If they can stop him, they have a great chance of winning. Michael Flowers will undoubtedly be guarding him, and Flowers is one of the premier defenders in the nation (IMO). So here's to another UW win.. Go Badgers!
      Their Senior PG (#2 forget his name) and Lovedale are very key pieces as well. The fact that Curry put up 30+ despite what appeared to be stifling and physical defense is worrisome (I have Wisconsin over Davidson).

#2 (tied) in the picks tourney, but commie has Texas winning it all so I doubt he stays at the top.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I saw a lot out of Rose today. Very impressed. He's so unbelievably bad at free throws though that it really takes away from the benefit to his physical style of play. Not sure what to think though. He still seems too willing to defer too often.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• wvu-xavier at 7:10 thurs

ucla-wku at 9:40 thurs

i got wvu-ucla winning

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
            I am a big hater of Bill Self, I would really like to hear those stories.
            Collins - All but headed to Illinois (gave Weber a verbal on his visit), then his High School Coach Nate Longstreet at Chicago Crane and his connections to Self and KU steered him away.

Chalmers - Hired on his father to the University to land him. They made a mention of his dad being employed by KU after Mario got injured at the end of the UNLV.

Wright - Self told his mom that she wouldn't have to pay for anything if he attended KU, that everything would be taken care of (Julian made a mention of this after he was picked by New Orleans on draft day). His mom never made a visit to Lawrence either, and I think I heard he didn't either.

Rush - Didn't have the core classes to attend Illinois and somehow got the grades to go to Kansas all of the sudden. I believe he's what, 22 now.

Arthur - Something happened on the eve of his decision to switch his mind. He was headed to another school and shocked everyone by picking Kansas.

Self also told the Wright family that Champaign is a racist place, he's used negative recruiting against us, he was recruiting for KU on Illinois' dime, and he lied to the Illinois players and fans before he left. He's a piece of ****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Collins - All but headed to Illinois (gave Weber a verbal on his visit), then his High School Coach Nate Longstreet at Chicago Crane and his connections to Self and KU steered him away.

Chalmers - Hired on his father to the University to land him. They made a mention of his dad being employed by KU after Mario got injured at the end of the UNLV.

Wright - Self told his mom that she wouldn't have to pay for anything if he attended KU, that everything would be taken care of (Julian made a mention of this after he was picked by New Orleans on draft day). His mom never made a visit to Lawrence either, and I think I heard he didn't either.

Rush - Didn't have the core classes to attend Illinois and somehow got the grades to go to Kansas all of the sudden. I believe he's what, 22 now.

Arthur - Something happened on the eve of his decision to switch his mind. He was headed to another school and shocked everyone by picking Kansas.

Self also told the Wright family that Champaign is a racist place, he's used negative recruiting against us, he was recruiting for KU on Illinois' dime, and he lied to the Illinois players and fans before he left. He's a piece of ****.
              Well, that's a helluva group of players right there and it all sounds bad.. But I think they believe him because he had just came from Illinois, he's leaving for KU so he automatically looks like a good guy to them. Several were being recruited by Illinois as well. I'm glad Weber and Bo Ryan aren't like that, two absolute classy guys, and they're better coaches on court than Self. (I personally think Bo Ryan's the most underrated coach in college right now.) But at the same time the only thing keeping them from National Titles is top notch talent. (Although I love the structure of Wisconsin's team, they have key experienced players each year. They never rely on young players but at the same time they have Hughes and Krabbenhoft to take over next year.) If Self was still at Illinois they might be in Kansas' spot right now, maybe would've gotten Scheyer and Eric Gordon who knows.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• If Self was at Illinois we would have landed Collins, Rose, Scheyer, Wright, and etc and we would be better off than we are right now as far as winning goes...But he's also a shady recruiter and a liar, plus a mediocre game coach.

Weber may have had his shortcomings as a recruiter when he first got here but outside of UNC, he's had the hottest recruiting streak of anyone in the nation.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                  wvu-xavier at 7:10 thurs

ucla-wku at 9:40 thurs

i got wvu-ucla winning
                  I'm very upset that I took Xavier in that game. It was too risky to have WVU in the Elite 8. We'll see what happens.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• random comments -

Georgetown might be better next year for the tourny (whether or not it shows record wise, not sure). as solid as wallace was, he wasn't that quick, and neither is Sapp. Getting Chris Wright in there full time should help. Hibbert was obviously a presence, but in some ways, he limited them, as there was some overreliance on him. Henry Sims and Greg Monroe (forget who the third one is) will add to that stable of big mean, and they'll fit better provided they develop.

Duke needs Thomas (or Zoubek) to develop. They can live with Singler at the 4. They can't live with Henderson at the 4 and Singler at the 5. Also, for a small lineup, they weren't THAT superbly quick to be able to take advantage of it, and once they were worn down, they were in trouble.

The matchup I want to see - Russell Westbrook vs. Ty Lawson. I think Westbrook can slow him down, but whether he can do enough, well, that's why I'm curious.

I won't be surprised if Davidson beats Wisconsin. The matchup works out alright for them. In the end, I think Wisconsin pulls it out, as they are too big and physical inside, but if they can get some early fouls on Butch and Co., Davidson has a shot. I don't think many are going to give Washington State a shot, but I am really, really intrigued with that game.

Comment

• I agree with you on the Washington State game toon, I think that's a very interesting matchup.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I would love to see UNC-UCLA in finals. great matchups there, besides Westbrook and Lawson there's also Love Hansbrough, and I want to see if Collison takes over that game like he's capable of doing.
                        Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                        Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                        Originally posted by Lions WMD
                        It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                          alexander doesnt have an attitude problem; hes takin on the personality of his coach, bob huggins; that aggressive, in your face style, with trash talking; wvu's teams will be like that while hes the coach, and i love that style
                          Despite you being a WVU guy, I was going to take your word for it. But after reading this article, I'll have to disagree.

When told that the Mountaineers had just beaten a team with eight McDonald’s all-Americans, Alexander seemed startled. He arched his eyebrows and asked in a serious tone, “Who?”
                          “People are always hating on the Big East,” Alexander said. “I don’t understand why. We came in fifth in the Big East and we manhandled a good A.C.C. team.”
                          Alexander said, “We knew that coming in that they were just going to stand around and not rebound, so we were ready to exploit that.”

In the first half, Alexander, who is 6 feet 8 inches, blocked a shot by Duke guard DeMarcus Nelson in the post, then let out a scream.

“I told him that he shouldn’t shoot anymore,” Alexander said. “He was actually very nice to me for the rest of the game.”
                          http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/sp...in&oref=slogin

While that's all entertaining, there's a difference between trash talking and actually disrespecting your opponent. Now while that may have come from Huggins (though that's most likely not the case since he's only been around for a year and you can't necessarily teach someone's character in a year), it isn't what I'd like to see in my players and honestly, I highly doubt that's particularly what Huggins is coaching. I like confident, in-your-face players that bring swagger to the game (and he certainly has that), but that isn't what this is. And of course people will just have to like this stuff though since they hate Duke, but eh. He's still my third or fourth favorite player in the college ranks, but until I see further proof there's no denying in my mind that he isn't in that upper echelon of guys in terms of character. I heard he's very coachable though. And I'm not saying this is a huge red flag, but just putting it out in the open.
                          Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-24-2008, 09:06 AM.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• 12 of 16 Sweet 16 teams and Final Four still in tact, all in all, a good weekend despite UConn losing.

The four teams I missed were Washington State (Notre Dame), Michigan State (Pittsburg), Western Kentucky (UConn), and Villanova (Clemson)

I really am proud of myself for picking Davidson. The rest of my family is pissed at me because I taunted them about it, as they all had G'Town in the Final 4.

Tennessee, Kansas, Texas, UCLA is my Final 4, with Tennessee beating Texas for the NC.

Paul

New York Giants
                            New York Yankees
                            New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                            UConn Basketball
                            Virginia Tech Football
                            UConn Football

Comment

• I like Memphis. Like alot of their players, but depsie John Callipari with a passion. Hate that man soo much. Was on board when the Nets made some nice trades, but couldn't coach for ****.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                If Self was at Illinois we would have landed Collins, Rose, Scheyer, Wright, and etc and we would be better off than we are right now as far as winning goes...But he's also a shady recruiter and a liar, plus a mediocre game coach.

Weber may have had his shortcomings as a recruiter when he first got here but outside of UNC, he's had the hottest recruiting streak of anyone in the nation.
                                Oh yeah I forgot Derrick Rose how could I do that. I just remembered Patrick Beverly too, I don't know how he got to Arkansas.

But yeah after looking at rivals stuff. 07 and 09 classes look real strong.
                                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information