No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a shame Love is so unathletic. Great player though.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Tenn would have won if they learned how to put their freaking headbands on correctly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        Tennessee is athletic and they play hard but man do they run one inefficient offense. I don't think they have any set plays lol.
        They run a variation of the flex offense. And the reason our half-court offense is inconsistent is because we don't have a PG. Ramar Smith didn't progress from his freshman year and still can't shoot, JP Prince sucks donkey balls, and Jordan Howell lost all of his confidence and is completely outmatched on defense. If we had a true PG we could've been more consistent. I've said all year they should've tried Lofton out at the point.

Comment

• Check out what the Detroit scene will look like this weekend:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=3316264
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
            They run a variation of the flex offense. And the reason our half-court offense is inconsistent is because we don't have a PG. Ramar Smith didn't progress from his freshman year and still can't shoot, JP Prince sucks donkey balls, and Jordan Howell lost all of his confidence and is completely outmatched on defense. If we had a true PG we could've been more consistent. I've said all year they should've tried Lofton out at the point.
            It's a slim variation of the flex offense, a very slim variation. It involves getting the ball to Lofton and having him shoot 30 foot 3's, throwing the ball down low to Tyler Smith and watching him take wild shots. This team doesn't pass the basketball, when they see a shot they take it no matter if it's good or not. Their offensive discipline is horrid and as a basketball fan it's sickening to watch this street ball crap that Pearl runs.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• so what'd you guys think of james keefe (UCLA) yesterday? he was pretty agile/fast for a big white dude yesterday.

the specific play i remember was his guarding a pg (forgot who it was)on the perimeter and then stuck with him when he tried to penetrate and ended up blocking his layup attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                It's a slim variation of the flex offense, a very slim variation. It involves getting the ball to Lofton and having him shoot 30 foot 3's, throwing the ball down low to Tyler Smith and watching him take wild shots. This team doesn't pass the basketball, when they see a shot they take it no matter if it's good or not. Their offensive discipline is horrid and as a basketball fan it's sickening to watch this street ball crap that Pearl runs.
                That's why I'm actually kind of happy Lofton is leaving because he panics when we get down and starts chucking up 3's we don't need to take. As for the rest of your commentary I really don't care for it since your bias against Pearl apparently keeps you from stating any sane opinion on the basketball team. You seriously need to get over something that happened 20 years ago. I mean were you even anything more than an infant when it occurred? Are you anything more than an infant now?

Comment

• Wisconsin 62, Davidson 49

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

That's why I'm actually kind of happy Lofton is leaving because he panics when we get down and starts chucking up 3's we don't need to take. As for the rest of your commentary I really don't care for it since your bias against Pearl apparently keeps you from stating any sane opinion on the basketball team. You seriously need to get over something that happened 20 years ago. I mean were you even anything more than an infant when it occurred? Are you anything more than an infant now?
                    I'm not the only one who's said his offense is crap. There's nothing to it besides pushing up the ball and getting quick shots. Occasionally you see some picks.

Same way with Calipari and Memphis. Clearouts, isolations, etc. You can't win when you don't pass the basketball.

Watch a team like UNC play or Texas, teams that actually run an offense. Tennessee's players just stand around and isolate. And against good defensive teams like Louisville, that's not going to work. Pearl is a better coach than I give him credit for, he's had success wherever he's been but I was disappointed to see what you guys ran offensively the past two seasons.

The shot selections is terrible, there's no flow, everyone looks confused and that's why you exited early.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• And I usually am very critical of teams who play that kind of basketball. I don't like Self but I don't criticize their play. They run a good high/low system, they have a good transition game, and they're well coached in the half court which gets a lot of open looks for their guards.

Tennessee is not disciplined at all offensively and I thought their off the ball defense was terrible yesterday. Louisville burned them on off the ball cuts all day lone, Jajuan Smith gambled a ton in the passing lanes and it cost his team, they stood around on the defensive glass giving the Cardinals second chance opportunities...You can't outscore everyone and the Vols learned that in the Tournament, balanced teams win and Tennessee is not balanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        Wisconsin 62, Davidson 49
                        It all depends on how physical they let Flowers play on Curry. The Big 10 is a very physical conference and Wisconsin gets a way with playing very physical on defense.

I just think Wisconsin wears them down. They won't run them out of the building and the game will be close for a while but I think they just wear Davidson down on defense and pull away late.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          I'm not the only one who's said his offense is crap. There's nothing to it besides pushing up the ball and getting quick shots. Occasionally you see some picks.

Same way with Calipari and Memphis. Clearouts, isolations, etc. You can't win when you don't pass the basketball.

Watch a team like UNC play or Texas, teams that actually run an offense. Tennessee's players just stand around and isolate. And against good defensive teams like Louisville, that's not going to work. Pearl is a better coach than I give him credit for, he's had success wherever he's been but I was disappointed to see what you guys ran offensively the past two seasons.

The shot selections is terrible, there's no flow, everyone looks confused and that's why you exited early.
                          You're right. The sweet sixteen is so early considering the Tennessee program had been there a total of about 3 times before Pearl got there and now they've made it back to back years. And the offense is so crappy that it averaged 80+ points a game. And no one passes at all which is why we were tied for 8th in assists in the country with almost 18 a game.

Comment

• I think the key is how well Jason Richards can play for Davidson. We all know that Curry can score, but Richards needs to at least help him out in order for Davidson to keep it going.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

You're right. The sweet sixteen is so early considering the Tennessee program had been there a total of about 3 times before Pearl got there and now they've made it back to back years. And the offense is so crappy that it averaged 80+ points a game. And no one passes at all which is why we were tied for 8th in assists in the country with almost 18 a game.
                              I never said they didn't score a lot of points and most of their assists in transition or getting the ball to Lofton for 3's.

The team does not pass hardly at all, they don't play very good defense, and it showed in the Tournament. A team with that much talent getting knocked out in the Sweet 16 for the 2nd straight season is a failure in my eyes, especially because they brought back most of their guys and added a stud in Tyler Smith.

The SEC people on this board were complaining when people said it was a crappy conference, well looks like those people were right. You guys had a horrible showing in the Tournament for a conference that was claimed by some on here to be "the most underrated in America." And I thought I read something about it being the best conference as well.

Tennessee had a good year, but they should have gone further with the talent on that roster. They were exposed in the Tournament with close calls in the first two games and getting slapped by Louisville. They run a stagnant offense and are not disciplined defensively which is why they got creamed by 19 against a sound Louisville squad.

Comment

• It's not that you exited early, you guys played horrible in the Tournament, almost getting upset twice by American and Butler, two teams you should have handled without much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information