Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • But yes I do admit I do have a bias against Pearl. If the man wouldn't make himself out to be a victim in what happened I think this would be put away.

    I'll have a bias against Sanctions as well for a long, long time for what he did too. Self, eh I like him more than I did a couple years ago but I still see him as a piece of slime, say with Calipari.


    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

    Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

    Comment


    • Am I the only person who hates Trent Johnson because he almost personally lost the game against Marquette due to him being a dousche to the refs.


      Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        I never said they didn't score a lot of points and most of their assists in transition or getting the ball to Lofton for 3's.

        The team does not pass hardly at all, they don't play very good defense, and it showed in the Tournament. A team with that much talent getting knocked out in the Sweet 16 for the 2nd straight season is a failure in my eyes, especially because they brought back most of their guys and added a stud in Tyler Smith.

        The SEC people on this board were complaining when people said it was a crappy conference, well looks like those people were right. You guys had a horrible showing in the Tournament for a conference that was claimed by some on here to be "the most underrated in America." And I thought I read something about it being the best conference as well.

        Tennessee had a good year, but they should have gone further with the talent on that roster. They were exposed in the Tournament with close calls in the first two games and getting slapped by Louisville. They run a stagnant offense and are not disciplined defensively which is why they got creamed by 19 against a sound Louisville squad.
        I never said they didn't have problems defensively. I totally agree with you there. However, the "talent" they have is overrated at this point. They are an extremely young team outside of Lofton and Jajuan Smith and they lack a true PG. We would've went further this year had Lofton not gone to suckville after the Junior campaign that he had. Also it can be argued that Tennessee had the toughest road to get to the final four out of all the 2 seeds.

        As for the rest of the SEC, Kentucky and Vandy have been overrated all season and MSU, and Arkansas got put out by one seeds.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          It's not that you exited early, you guys played horrible in the Tournament, almost getting upset twice by American and Butler, two teams you should have handled without much trouble.
          Butler was a much better team than their 7 seed indicated.

          Comment


          • Yeah, the SEC getting 6 teams into the tourney this year is a crock of ****. They lost to Georgia... Seriously, Georgia sucks and shouldn't have been in this tournament.


            Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

            Comment


            • This team was different from how they played in the regular season. Lofton is one of the best shooters in America, J. Smith can flat out fill it up, Tyler Smith is a future lottery pick, R. Smith while you don't like him as much as I do had a very solid season, Prince helped beat Memphis on the road...It's not that you went out, it's how you went out. Playing 3 very underwhelming games in the Tournament.


              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                Butler was a much better team than their 7 seed indicated.
                And Tennessee was "supposedly" the best #2 seed in the Tourney. Butler I admit was good but c'mon. American gave you all you could handle in Round 1, it took OT to beat a 7 seed, and you got smoked by Louisville.

                Very disappointing showing by the "best team in the SEC."


                Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                Comment


                • what do you guys think about the texas vs. stanford game tonight? i think the lopez twins will be tough to stop but i think the texas guards (augustin & abrams) will dominate

                  Comment


                  • Damien James is a stud and no one talks about him inside for the Horns. He's the X-Factor inside which is why I have Texas beating them.


                    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      And Tennessee was "supposedly" the best #2 seed in the Tourney. Butler I admit was good but c'mon. American gave you all you could handle in Round 1, it took OT to beat a 7 seed, and you got smoked by Louisville.

                      Very disappointing showing by the "best team in the SEC."
                      Nah, Texas is the best 2 seed. They whooped us in the regular season. And as for Lofton as the best shooter in America, not this year. I had high hopes for Ramar Smith this year, but considering he got benched for Jordan Howell early in the season, and then by JP Princess later in the season he didn't have a good season. Tyler Smith was by far our best player this year. Jajuan Smith and Lofton dissappeared too much to be considered as good as they are.

                      Comment


                      • james has been huge lately, excellent rebounder and his outside shot is getting more consistent

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          Yeah, the SEC getting 6 teams into the tourney this year is a crock of ****. They lost to Georgia... Seriously, Georgia sucks and shouldn't have been in this tournament.
                          You talking about Tennessee? They lost to Arkansas. Georgia had an elite 8 team sweating pretty hard first round.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            You talking about Tennessee? They lost to Arkansas. Georgia had an elite 8 team sweating pretty hard first round.
                            Please tell me you're not trying to say UT sucked and didn't deserve to be in the tournament.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                              Please tell me you're not trying to say UT sucked and didn't deserve to be in the tournament.
                              lol NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO!

                              I was saying that Tennessee didn't lose to Georgia and that Georgia (who won the conference tournament, thus were deserving to get in) gave a team that's now in the elite 8 all it could handle.

                              Tennessee was one of the best regular season teams, no doubt about it. They're just not currently built for success in the tournament, I always said they wouldn't do well in the tournament but I never questioned their accomplishments in the regular season.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                lol NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO!

                                I was saying that Tennessee didn't lose to Georgia and that Georgia (who won the conference tournament, thus were deserving to get in) gave a team that's now in the elite 8 all it could handle.

                                Tennessee was one of the best regular season teams, no doubt about it. They're just not currently built for success in the tournament, I always said they wouldn't do well in the tournament but I never questioned their accomplishments in the regular season.
                                Ah I gotcha. I read it wrong. My bad.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information