No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go MSU... I'm not about to go against Izzo in the tournament.

Comment

• My bracket is scrizzewed.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
        My bracket is scrizzewed.
        Agreed....

Comment

• Curry, offensively, reminds me if Kobe was 6'2''.

Comment

• Wow, I'm shocked by the Wisky game, holy ****. Not shocked very much that Texas handled Stanford but Davidson is nasty right now. Curry lit up Flowers for what, 30+ points? Good lord.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Ouch that hurts. Once Hughes was injured we were ****** and I knew it though. We have Flowers, Hughes, and Bohannon at guard, and that's it. Bohannon and Hughes had to play the rest of the first half and entire second half without a breather. To add to that neither should be playing the point. Both are shooters and it showed. I mean we had Landry bringing the ball up the court for christ sake. Our offense went to hell as soon as he went out and our defense shortly followed. We couldn't set up **** offensively and then just started chucking up jump shots. Get the ball to Butch and Stiensma in the paint! When Stiensma got the ball he took a jump shot. What the **** was that about? He should never ever shoot the ball. Unless it's a layup, dunk, or rebound he shouldn't even be touching the ball. You could tell that Flowers and Bohannon were tired. Flowers played Curry tough, but once he started getting fatigued he wasn't anywhere close to the defender he usually is. That's not taking anything away from Curry, he can really shoot it, but we gave him some easy shots late in the game. Not having Hughes also made us give up an unussual amount of turnovers. Turn over margin had been a strength for us throughout the season, but with out a real point guard it worked against us. The fact that he was our second leading scorer doesn't even factor into the problems in my mind. It's the other aspects of our game that we severly missed with out him. That was something I worried about last week, but he came back and played lights out against Kansas State. It'll be interesting to see what Davidson can do against Kansas (assuming they win). Georgetown couldn't stop Curry, Wisconsin couldn't stop Curry, and Kansas won't be able to stop Curry. I think they have enough to take out the rest and make it to the Final Four, but this is a very good Davidson team.

Comment

• Curry is a bad man!

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  Ouch that hurts. Once Hughes was injured we were ****** and I knew it though. We have Flowers, Hughes, and Bohannon at guard, and that's it. Bohannon and Hughes had to play the rest of the first half and entire second half without a breather. To add to that neither should be playing the point. Both are shooters and it showed. I mean we had Landry bringing the ball up the court for christ sake. Our offense went to hell as soon as he went out and our defense shortly followed. We couldn't set up **** offensively and then just started chucking up jump shots. Get the ball to Butch and Stiensma in the paint! When Stiensma got the ball he took a jump shot. What the **** was that about? He should never ever shoot the ball. Unless it's a layup, dunk, or rebound he shouldn't even be touching the ball. You could tell that Flowers and Bohannon were tired. Flowers played Curry tough, but once he started getting fatigued he wasn't anywhere close to the defender he usually is. That's not taking anything away from Curry, he can really shoot it, but we gave him some easy shots late in the game. Not having Hughes also made us give up an unussual amount of turnovers. Turn over margin had been a strength for us throughout the season, but with out a real point guard it worked against us. The fact that he was our second leading scorer doesn't even factor into the problems in my mind. It's the other aspects of our game that we severly missed with out him. That was something I worried about last week, but he came back and played lights out against Kansas State. It'll be interesting to see what Davidson can do against Kansas (assuming they win). Georgetown couldn't stop Curry, Wisconsin couldn't stop Curry, and Kansas won't be able to stop Curry. I think they have enough to take out the rest and make it to the Final Four, but this is a very good Davidson team.
                  Come on...lets not pull the injury excuse now..

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    And I hate how the NCAA committee takes injuries into account when evaluating teams for the tournament. Injuries are a part of the game that every must live with and people really shouldn't hinder great performances by talking about hypothetical scenarios.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I'm not really. I'm just pretty pissed right now. We were playing rather poorly with Hughes and probably would have still lost, but definitely not by that much. I just needed to let it out and since I can't club Stephon Curry right now I have to settle for posting on a message board.

Comment

• GB has a bit of a point here, losing Hughes really hurt. He's a very, very good PG and they missed his ball handling, his defense, his playmaking, etc but even with Trevon I don't think they beat Davidson. It would have been closer but Davidson is playing some the best basketball I've seen in a while, it's not just the baby faced killa, it's everyone on that team.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          I think the key is how well Jason Richards can play for Davidson. We all know that Curry can score, but Richards needs to at least help him out in order for Davidson to keep it going.
                          4-13 shooting is pretty bad, but the 13 assists more than make up for his lack of production. Guards are very vital to the success of a team in the tourney and when a PG does a good job distributing the ball, they can go far.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Oh btw...DJ Augustine > Darren Collison.

;)

Comment

• another big game for damian james in the texas win

imo augustin is the best PG in CB

Comment

• Brandon Rush...Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information