College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Well the same can be said for UNC. They took Maryland for granted and got beat at home, the lost to Duke without Lawson and later on destroyed them at Cameron.

If UNC is focused and ready to go, they're pretty unbelievable as well. Louisville got close but for a majority of the game, UNC had it well in hand. Kansas has yet to be tested by any team they've played.
    Well, I was talking about the collective years this Kansas nucleus has played together. At their absolute best, though, I feel like Kansas is the superior team to UNC, but they're rarely at that level.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Michael Jordan really wasn't one of the greatest college basketball players of all time. He won the Naismith and the Wooden awards, so he was obviously very good, but nobody knew he would be the pro that he was.
      Michael was one of the hardest working players UNC has ever seen. Idk I felt like it was a slap in the face to call MJ out and say Tyler works harder on and off the court. MJ prided himself on his effort every time he stepped on the hardwood and I thought the comment made by Bilas was unnecessary mainly because we've heard about Hansbrough this whole season and how hard he works on the floor.

Personally I believe the lovefest needs to stop. Tyler is a very good player but no need to call out Michael, a pioneer of the sport.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        Michael was one of the hardest working players UNC has ever seen. Idk I felt like it was a slap in the face to call MJ out and say Tyler works harder on and off the court. MJ prided himself on his effort every time he stepped on the hardwood and I thought the comment made by Bilas was unnecessary mainly because we've heard about Hansbrough this whole season and how hard he works on the floor.

Personally I believe the lovefest needs to stop. Tyler is a very good player but no need to call out Michael, a pioneer of the sport.
        Hmmm.. I agree with a lot that you're saying about MJ, but IDK about Pioneer. The NBA was huge even before MJ hit his prime. Infact it's kinda gone down hill since he left IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
          Well, I was talking about the collective years this Kansas nucleus has played together. At their absolute best, though, I feel like Kansas is the superior team to UNC, but they're rarely at that level.
          Which is why I'll go with a consistently good UNC team over the Jayhawks who are an enigma at times. It's hard to say who's really "better" at their best because both teams are very, very, very talented.

Lawson, Hansbrough, Ellington, and Thompson are most likely first rounders right now...Collins, Arthur, and Rush are first rounders themselves, possibly Chalmers as well. Robinson and Green are extremely underrated players, Ginyard and Kaun provide good supporting players.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• The only thing Jordan "pioneered" was selling sneakers, coke, and making movies with Bugs Bunny.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              Hmmm.. I agree with a lot that you're saying about MJ, but IDK about Pioneer. The NBA was huge even before MJ hit his prime. Infact it's kinda gone down hill since he left IMO.
              What he did for brand management as well as what he did on the court is why I say that. Wasn't he the first guy to have his own shoe? He's got his own logo with Nike, etc.

Tyler is a very, very hard worker on the court, everyone can see it but it's hard for me to put him at a guy like MJ's level who worked his ass off to be where he's at too in both college and the pros.

Comment

• http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=791520

When he was 7, he fell off his bicycle and another child ran over his head with a bike, causing a large wound on the back of his head.
                Sorry, but that particular image made me laugh.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Derrick's the ****. Sad he didn't go to Illinois but he's an amazing talent that is just tapping his ability. Beasley may have headlined this freshman class but Derrick IMO quietly had a fantastic season. He's surrounded by a bunch of talent and just gets the job done. He's a very quiet person as well but man he can really, really play. Again, once that jump shot becomes consistent, he's going to be a terrifying player.

He's one of the best and most explosive athletes I've ever seen in person, his court sense is uncanny, he's got very good vision, makes great decisions, has one of the quickest first steps in the nation, he's tenacious on defense, and he's got a devastating floater that he's used perfectly this season.

Comment

• Anybody giving Davidson a shot tomorrow? Since they already screwed my bracket by beating Wisconsin, I'd like to see them beat Kansas.

Comment

• I think you have to with what they've done so far but I think KU overwhelms them. Curry needs to be huge again and they'll need big games from their inside guys to match Jackson and Kaun.

I've got KU by double digits, unfortunately.

Comment

• I hope Texas beats Memphis. I've got Texas winning but I have a feeling Memphis will edge it out.

Comment

• This is Augustin and Rose's chance to really shine. Granted, I heard that they'll most likely never be guarded by each other, but still, this is huge for them. If Rose does well, I think he's neck and neck with Beasley. And if Augustin does well, I think he's a lock for the top seven.

Comment

• Been waiting for this Memphis Texas game a long time, im excited. Augustine>Rose :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• DJ augustin is a turnover machine.

Comment

• Memphis is such a tall team all around that it's going to be very difficult for Texas to do anything. They're going to have to get hot from beyond the arc and hope that Memphis struggles from the FT line once more.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information