College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Bucknell Bill escapes. Again, even he couldn't screw this one up. Kansas was having major success getting the ball inside yet they choose to pass along the perimeter.
    You obvisouly didn't watch the game, basically the first 30 minutes of the game, we were shut down in the interior by their double team.

I'll take Bucknell Bill over a guy who can't even get a winning season in an average conference any day of the week

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      There will be 2 great final four games. Except UNC might beat KU by double digits.
      I can see UCLA and UNC both dominating their respective games, but then again what do I know.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't really think you go for the tie in this situation. It would have been highly unlikely that they could have lasted another five minutes. I don't think Kansas could choke THAT badly. Plain and simple, Richards should have brought the ball up and Curry should have taken the last shot.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• How are you so sure he was telling them to pass along the perimeter?you're not in the hudlle so how can you really assume that's what he's telling them?btw...Sasha Kaun was a man among boys today

Comment

• Nothing I can say about Davidson and Curry that hasn't been said already on this page.

If my picks go right (UNC beating Memphis in the final) then I win the NFLDC pool and probably my $$ pool, with the dirty pubestache coming in 2nd on NFLDC.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              You obvisouly didn't watch the game, basically the first 30 minutes of the game, we were shut down in the interior by their double team.

I'll take Bucknell Bill over a guy who can't even get a winning season in an average conference any day of the week
              Obviously I did watch the game because whenever Kansas got the ball in the paint they had success. They doubled when the player went to the corner. Kaun was unstoppable down low and they had Chalmers, Collins, and Rush jacking up long range shots. Again, Self does not no how to adjust a game plan. Yes I know he won and I'll give credit where credit is due but he could not find a way to free up his bigs. Kansas had an incredible size advantage on Davidson

Again, Billyh Boy couldn't screw this one up, not when the best seed you play is an 8. But congrats, Self got the monkey off his back and KU is in the Final 4.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                How are you so sure he was telling them to pass along the perimeter?you're not in the hudlle so how can you really assume that's what he's telling them?btw...Sasha Kaun was a man among boys today
                Being guarded by 6-5" 230 pound guys, he should be dominating along with Jackson and Arthur.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  How are you so sure he was telling them to pass along the perimeter?you're not in the hudlle so how can you really assume that's what he's telling them?btw...Sasha Kaun was a man among boys today
                  And yet in crunch time they didn't get him the ball. I watched Bill Self coach at Illinois and while I "wasn't in the huddle" it's pretty clear to me that the gameplan was to look to get Rush going, to penetrate into the lane, and to get open shots once Self realized it wouldn't be easy to get the ball down low.

Self runs a high low offense, or well he did at Illinois and I thought he could have utilized his bigs better, but he got the win and that's what counts. A little too close for comfort though if I'm Kansas.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    Being guarded by 6-5" 230 pound guys, he should be dominating along with Jackson and Arthur.
                    Yup, that's basically my point. Kansas had a huge advantage on the front line and they really didn't use it to their advantage. And when Bill saw it would be hard to consistently go down low, he kind of abandoned it.

You have to move your bigs around down low to find creases in the defense. Setting them up and asking them to out muscle Davidson's forwards in the lane won't get it done.

But again, Kansas did win and Self deserves all the credit

Comment

• Again it's a moot point because KU got the victory.

Comment

• I still think Curry should declare this year because his name is hot, next year with Richards gone he'll be running point and will be exposed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Hopefully his dad realizes that this would be what's best for his son. Of course, since they're probably not hurting financially, they may assume that another year in college would benefit him.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• That was waaaaaaaaaaay too close before I had to stick my foot in my mouth again.

More questions though, why did UNC, UCLA, and Memphis' celebration get shown, and they had to go right to 60 Minutes for Kansas? U know if Davidson woulda won they would be on the air still. How come it sounded like it was bentlem for the announcers when Davidson was ahead. How come it sounded like someone died when Kansas took the lead? Pisses me off, I usually like Gus Johnson and Len Elmore, but they had a cheering interest for Davidson in this one and Ohio State last year against Xavier.

Comment

• Edited because I just ranted about terrorists.
                              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 03-30-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• hmm pretty boring that all #1 seeds made it.. I was surprised by Memphis, I underestimated them

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information