College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    I don't see why you're so pissed off about it. Stephen was unreal in this tournament, I mean the guy had a bad night against Kansas and still put up 20 points.

Idk, maybe because of how much I heard about Hansbrough this entire year it doesn't bother me but Curry's praise was just given how well he played. Plus like I said, everyone loves a cinderella story.

I think Gus wanted to blow Kaun too this evening after his performance lol.
    I personally think Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery should be the #1 crew over Jim Nantz and Billy Packer, who were 10 times as bad with Curry last weekend, and 4000 times as bad as with Hansborough. Bilas was awful lst night with Hansborough, I hate him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      25 there Sweetness. Though he did go 9-25, sheesh.
      Oh I know he had a bad shooting night, well for him at least. He got some open looks he didn't knock down and really I thought he forced some shots he didn't need to. But the kid had an off night and still went for 25 points.

Some of those shots he made were ridiculous, and his ability to get into the lane was pretty amazing too.

All the praise given to Davidson was fine IMO because of how they'd played coming into that game, and how they went toe to toe with a powerhouse and lost on the final shot. Cinderellas always get praise during the game, again it's ratings. And any announcer would probably have some bias towards them because they're the underdog.

But I thought they gave some pretty good credit to Kansas as well. Keep in mind though that Davidson really took KU out of their element and gave them serious problems during that game. Very fun to watch.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• You also have to realize a lot of the time these guys are talking heads. CBS tells them guys to spotlight and plug before games. I worked with a crew at ESPN as a stage manager once for a college game that had Eric Maynor in it and that's all the talk was about. How great Eric was, how the commentators needed to spotlight him, they had replay packages built for him...It's all about ratings my friend. Granted some of these guys are bias towards players in their own right but a lot of it has to do with the networks wanting to plug certain players.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I do like Raftery though, he's great. Very rarely shows any bias. He calls it like he sees it. And I know a lot of you guys hate Vitale but when he's not announcing an ACC game he does a good job too. The worst is Packer though because he thinks he's right all the time and from what I've heard he's pretty stuck up.

My dad works with a guy who does a lot of ESPN/CBS games freelance and he said that Packer is a drama queen, wants things done a certain way, gets really pissy if anything goes wrong, etc...

Comment

My dad works with a guy who does a lot of ESPN/CBS games freelance and he said that Packer is a drama queen, wants things done a certain way, gets really pissy if anything goes wrong, etc...
            That does not shock me at all.

Comment

• No love for Jay? He's my fav commentator except for the fact that I feel he sometimes tries to prove his non-biases towards Duke too much.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                No love for Jay? He's my fav commentator except for the fact that I feel he sometimes tries to prove his non-biases towards Duke too much.
                He may do that too much,it almost sounded like Hansborough would need a restraining order last night. Compairing him to MJ, Hell no.

Comment

• Jay burned some bridges with Illini nation with some comments this year in regards to the Eric Gordon fiasco. So I'm gone a little cold on him.

Commentating wise he's outstanding. Very smooth and always has something to contribute. But right now I'll that Raftery.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    It's pretty simply really, East Coast Bias...You know if North Carolina had just won, they would push back the schedule and have an hour long love fest about Hansblow

But seriously, CBS is pretty flexible with their Sunday night schedule, and I don't understand why they couldn't show the nets being cut, but whatever
                    Ummm no, im 100% sure they would not let ANY basketball celebration go on over 60 minutes trust me...I dont care who that last team was, people would be pissed if it ran over into that timeslot, this is 60 minutes were talking about here not 'deal or no deal', thats a little more important to the public then a team celebration, and Davidson's or UNC celebration would of been just as unimportant to the masses.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• http://www.gusjohnsonsports.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcglOItcKoM

Since he was brought up.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Dick Enberg > Gus Johnson.
                        LMAO

Dick Enberg: "Oh, foul on the baseline." *pause* "Wait, looks like he was out of bounds, or did they call a foul?" *pause* "I guess they called him out of bounds."

That only happens about 30 times in each game Enberg calls.

Dude is senile anymore and he has the best seats in the house.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankin...1&seasonType=2

Essentially, we should have just had the Final Four in November.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                            LMAO

Dick Enberg: "Oh, foul on the baseline." *pause* "Wait, looks like he was out of bounds, or did they call a foul?" *pause* "I guess they called him out of bounds."

That only happens about 30 times in each game Enberg calls.

Dude is senile anymore and he has the best seats in the house.
                            30 times huh, sarcasm much? Dick is still one of the best in the bizz and he calls it like he sees it, Gus Johnson inputs his opinion too much for me.

Enberg may be old and senile but he's still class. I'll never forget when he announced our Elite 8 game against Arizona with Bilas...."Williams to tie it with a 3......HE DOES!"

Absolutely fantastic.

Comment

• But in terms of a perfect combo, Raftery and Johnson would murder everyone. Gus is probably my 2nd favorite play by play guy, then Nance.

Comment

30 times huh, sarcasm much? Dick is still one of the best in the bizz and he calls it like he sees it, Gus Johnson inputs his opinion too much for me.

Enberg may be old and senile but he's still class. I'll never forget when he announced our Elite 8 game against Arizona with Bilas...."Williams to tie it with a 3......HE DOES!"

Absolutely fantastic.
                                Actually no, that isn't being sarcastic.

Literally, watch how many wrong calls he makes in a game. It is unbelievable. I never really pay that close attention to the commentating, but with him it is almost too hard not to when he is constantly confusing you with missed calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information