No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No F'ing way Florida takes it home. Speights is an immature waste of talent, I hate Calathes but he flat out brings it. Warner is 10 ft. tall and just shoots 3's, they've got some recruits coming in but they're just entirely too young.

Outside of being a homer and picking UK, I'd say a lot depends on if Tyler Smith leaves or not (not sure on that status). If he stays, they've got Scotty Hopson coming in as well as the players they return. Vandy losing Shan Foster is a massive blow as well as Gordon/Neltner. Alabama should be pretty solid with Ronald Steele coming back, they've always got talent just no coaching.

The Oklahoma St. coaching search is very interesting to follow I must say. With Boone Pickens and his 300 million dollar donation running the show, seems like some big names are going to get money thrown at them. So far SI has mentioned Self (who flat out said he didn't want them to contact him) being offered $6 million to sign then 4 million a year for 10 years... He makes 1.375 million a year now. Don't see it happening, Kansas is a sweet gig and I'm sure after this year an extension would be in the works.

Also they keep mentioning Billy Gillispie and recently mentioned them going after Tubby Smith. Again, doubtful on both accounts. Seems like there's going to be a lot of swinging and missing for them. They'd be better off to save their pride and just sign Kruger.

Comment

• As far as the big east I think Notre Dame has to be the preseason #1 in the conference. They were 2nd in the big east this year at 25-8, got to the round of 32 and only lose one senior. Harangody is only a junior next year and is easily a top 3 front runner for player of the year honors. They are the most experienced and cohesive team in the big east next year, Kyle Mcalarney is a deadly shooter, and Jackson is a terrific all around guard. Marquette should be next if all the guys return. South Florida is also a real darkhorse to possibly finish top 7 in the conference.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• So will self jet to oklahoma state for 6 mil a year after the game?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          So will self jet to oklahoma state for 6 mil a year after the game?
          $4 mil a year with a $6 mil signing bonus is the rumored offer.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Georgetown could contend too right, with the addition of Greg Monroe.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              So will self jet to oklahoma state for 6 mil a year after the game?
              I would, 8.8 million more. IDC where u are, or where u go, u gotta take it.

Comment

• man Self can give a pep talk like noone's buisness

Comment

• I had kansas losing to kansas state, and had kansas state losing to memphis in the NC game.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                    I had kansas losing to kansas state, and had kansas state losing to memphis in the NC game.

You picked K State to go to the NC game? Wow.

Comment

• This game is so sloppy.

Comment

• CDR is an animal, although when Rush has been matched up with him one on one he has done a great job.

Comment

• heres the link to t. boone pickens offering to pay for self

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/rumors...rn=ncaab,75507

donated over $290 mil to osu so far for athletics, including $165 in dec 2005

look at their athletic village; its gonna be so nice

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Do you guys actually think that people coach for the money? That's outrageous...People coach because they love the game and they want to coach at one of the Big 5 programs....KU will give him a raise and that will be that

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                              Do you guys actually think that people coach for the money? That's outrageous...People coach because they love the game and they want to coach at one of the Big 5 programs....KU will give him a raise and that will be that

I dont care what profession you're in. When someone puts that kind of money in front of you you listen to them.

Comment

• Rose looks like hes playing basketball for the first time in his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information