College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    What? the good coaches are making millions of dollars. Why would they need to go to a different field?

It's their job, so yeah, a lot of them do it for the money.
    Do you honestly think people become graduate assistants with the mindset, "Man, I'm going to be loaded." Not to mention that only a selective few make millions.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
      Do you honestly think people become graduate assistants with the mindset, "Man, I'm going to be loaded." Not to mention that only a selective few make millions.

No, but once they do become loaded, they do care about it. And your in denial if you think they don't.

Do you think kids who play high school football go in with the mindset, "I am going to be loaded." Do NFL players care about money? Yes.

Your argument has absolutely zero logic.
      Last edited by yo123; 04-07-2008, 09:49 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

No, but once they do become loaded, they do care about it. And your in denial if you think they don't.

Do you think kids who play high school football go in with the mindset, "I am going to be loaded." Do NFL players care about money? Yes.

Your argument has absolutely zero logic.
        Is money certainly a factor? Yes.

But it's illogical to think that 'oh, OSU is offering more money, therefore, Self will go to OSU'...All I'm saying is that it's not the number factor for coaches

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

But it's illogical to think that 'oh, OSU is offering more money, therefore, Self will go to OSU'...All I'm saying is that it's not the number factor for coaches

It's the number one factor for some coaches. And I'm not saying he's going to OSU, I don't really think he is, all I'm saying is money is a big factor.

Comment

Is that what your coaching experience tells you, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• $10 mil for your first year, plus its your alma mater

thats tough to turn down

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rose is gonna end up with 18 and 10. Beast.

Comment

• I just wanted to say Miami is stupid if they pass on Rose if they get a chance...He has some serious passing game and makes players better but he has a scorers mentality if he needs it...Gotta love his game, and he's getting warmed up at the right time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I just wanted to say Miami is stupid if they pass on Rose if they get a chance...He has some serious passing game and makes players better but he has a scorers mentality if he needs it...Gotta love his game, and he's getting warmed up at the right time.

Not to mention they need a PG much more than a SF or PF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                      Is that what your coaching experience tells you, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?
                      No, it's my basketball knowledge...coaches coach because they love the game, and that's the number one reason why they coach, not money.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

No, it's my basketball knowledge...if coaches coach because they love the game, and that's the number one reason why they coach, not money.

Has a coach ever told you this? Or are you just guessing.

Comment

Has a coach ever told you this? Or are you just guessing.
                          Has a coach ever told you that they coach because of the money?

And to answer your question, no.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

So, why can't Self just "love the game" at Oklahoma State for a lot more money?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Uhhh... They don't have to, because it's their job. And people work for money. Coaches aren't these magical people who don't care about money or possessions. They are regular people, and they have trouble turning down millions of dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                                So, why can't Self just "love the game" at Oklahoma State for a lot more money?
                                He certainly can...But those who love the game want to coach at the most prestigious programs

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information