Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meh, there really is no best coach in the country.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

    Bosanac01

    Comment


    • Well, except for Coach K.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

      Comment


      • Watching some replays, I think Rose is a horrible liar. He really didn't go for the foul at all. He even backed off and put up his hands as if to signal that he didn't foul him. Two un-clutch moments there for him in the waning moments.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

        Comment


        • Hey if you ask me, I'll give a guy a shot to make a far three fading back with a hand in his face, rather than extending the game and having to make free throws which we know they can't do.

          Sig By:The Dynasty

          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            Hey if you ask me, I'll give a guy a shot to make a far three fading back with a hand in his face, rather than extending the game and having to make free throws which we know they can't do.
            Despite how un-clutch they are, that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter who you are, you'd rather knowingly give them a better percentage to win than at worst put yourself up by one with the chance to make two free throws and put it once again at a three point lead with 5 seconds left? I realize you like the kid, but come on.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WildDude View Post
              mike K is an awful coach he had 8 all americans or something and still couldnt get past the 2nd round, pretty soon Duke basketball will be Duke football... I really think Self should leave for Oklahoma state its the best move for him being an alum and to be quite honest the team for oklahoma state next year looks better than kansas if they lose Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Darrell Arthur, other than the seniors... and their class dosent look too great, Oklahoma state has a great core in James Anderson, Byron Eaton, Obi Munelo
              LOL...coaches don't leave big programs because they might have a down year...Not to mention that KU will have a much better team than OSU...We have one the biggest classes in recent years coming in, and we return to two game changers at least in Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich...Self's bluffing, he's using OSU to get more money, more power to him



              sig by BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

              Comment


              • Oh and no way in hell Rose was trying to foul...If you look at the play again, Rose deliberatly throw up his hands and tried to avoid conflict at half-court...I'm calling bull ****



                sig by BoneKrusher

                Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                  Despite how un-clutch they are, that makes no sense whatsoever. No matter who you are, you'd rather knowingly give them a better percentage to win than at worst put yourself up by one with the chance to make two free throws and put it once again at a three point lead with 5 seconds left? I realize you like the kid, but come on.
                  So what if he makes the first deliberately misses the 2nd. Ball gets tipped back, 3 pointer wins the game or at least tip to tie. I'd take my chances with a 3 than risking something worse by not blocking out, which with Dorsey is fouled out is a big risk despite him not playing well.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    So what if he makes the first deliberately misses the 2nd. Ball gets tipped back, 3 pointer wins the game or at least tip to tie. I'd take my chances with a 3 than risking something worse by not blocking out, which with Dorsey is fouled out is a big risk despite him not playing well.
                    Wait a second. So you're saying that it's more likely for Collins to make the first, miss the second, and someone either tip to tie or tip it out and hit a game-winning three with 5.5 seconds (about 5.5, looking at the clock) is more likely to happen than Chalmers knocking a fairly contested three? Quit while you're moderately behind, sir.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Well, this one is their third, but it's not that simple. You aren't honestly suggesting that the Oklahoma State basketball program is close to Kansas, are you? What has Oklahoma State done the last 50 years?
                      No not at all, just giving him crap. I want Self to leave for the sole reason that he's pissing me off. Also I think it'd be quite funny to see him go from loving and defending Bill Self to turning on him like he did Roy Williams.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Wait a second. So you're saying that it's more likely for Collins to make the first, miss the second, and someone either tip to tie or tip it out and hit a game-winning three with 5.5 seconds (about 5.5, looking at the clock) is more likely to happen than Chalmers knocking a fairly contested three? Quit while you're moderately behind, sir.
                        It's simple 5.5 seconds left you play hard D, force them to take a hard shot, just one shot the game is over. You foul him you extend the game and open the door for even Kansas to win. Give Chalmers that shot 10 more times I guarantee you he makes it not one more time. Bad luck, but right move, play straight up D rather than trying to outsmart yourself. There is a reason why most coaches don't foul in that situation, all you have to do is stop them for one play.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • What?? Fouling at the end there would have absolutely been the right move.

                          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

                          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            What?? Fouling at the end there would have absolutely been the right move.
                            Um yea, no doubt. Ghetto I love ya buddy and you're a human dictionary with basketball but c'mon now. Even Calipari second guessed himself in the post game on that one.

                            You never allow a team to tie up the game with a 3 pointer, it's simple basketball coaching 101. You foul them and force them to make a play on the 2nd miss. Or if Kansas chooses to make both you in bound the ball, try and run as much clock off as possible, go to the other end where either Rose or CDR probably makes at least 1 of the 2. That forces Kansas to go the length of the floor in around 4 or 5 seconds, in which they probably won't get a good look at all to beat you.

                            Granted that shot by Chalmers he hits 1 out of 5, fade away three with a hand in his face off the dribble? Gotta give him props though on that one.

                            Still, you foul the Jayhawks, period end of discussion. Calipari really choked down the stretch with a couple terrible decisions.


                            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              No not at all, just giving him crap. I want Self to leave for the sole reason that he's pissing me off. Also I think it'd be quite funny to see him go from loving and defending Bill Self to turning on him like he did Roy Williams.
                              Go jack off to Bo Ryan or something



                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

                              Comment


                              • LOL, after being in a coaching search last year I can appreciate what's going on with OK St. Some completely off the wall rumors. This is the rumored contract on a OK state pay board...

                                70 Million/12 years

                                17 Million to sign, 4.41 Million/Year for 12 years.

                                I mean, come on that's just ridiculous. IMO, all that's going to happen is Self uses this as some leverage to get an extension from Kansas. But I mean, lets just say in the .000001% chance that contract actually was proposed, that would be hard to turn down for anyone. Pickens has the money but there's a point of being practical.

                                They're also saying Tubby would take KU over if Self left. I won't acknowledge the slightest possibility of this being remotely likely. The rumor mill is churning a little too hard over there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information