College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sik wit it
    I absolutely can't stand duke. Everything about them, their fans, their coach, their players. After every old fashioned three point play the duke assistants make love to each other. Then we got Greg Paulus, the little freak who treats their teammates' leg like a 12 year old treats a jungle gym. Whats up with his stupid black wristband too? What does it stand for, nothing? It looks stupid get rid of it. Not to mention Dicky V who gives Coach K head before each game. I love it every year come tournament time, Duke finds a way to *********** up.
    You can't stand players and coaches that play fundamentaly? You must like to NBA too huh? BTW your comment about duke always ******* it up in tourney time is sort of stupid considering duke had made it to the sweet sixteen a record number of times under coach K ,a won national titles.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
      Originally posted by sik wit it
      I absolutely can't stand duke. Everything about them, their fans, their coach, their players. After every old fashioned three point play the duke assistants make love to each other. Then we got Greg Paulus, the little freak who treats their teammates' leg like a 12 year old treats a jungle gym. Whats up with his stupid black wristband too? What does it stand for, nothing? It looks stupid get rid of it. Not to mention Dicky V who gives Coach K head before each game. I love it every year come tournament time, Duke finds a way to *********** up.
      You can't stand players and coaches that play fundamentaly? You must like to NBA too huh? BTW your comment about duke always *********** it up in tourney time is sort of stupid considering duke had made it to the sweet sixteen a record number of times under coach K ,a won national titles.
      UNC fans and others in the ACC hate duke for their arrogance. the i deserve the NC every year. Another thing i can stand is Dukie V and Jay Bias (who went to duke) love them every year. Paulus has JJ reddick syndrome. holds his hand up too long after 3's, whines like a 4 year old who didnt get any candy. I hate duke.

Comment

Originally posted by sik wit it
        You can't stand players and coaches that play fundamentaly? You must like to NBA too huh? BTW your comment about duke always *********** it up in tourney time is sort of stupid considering duke had made it to the sweet sixteen a record number of times under coach K ,a won national titles.
        they make it to the sweet 16 yet they expect to make it to the NC. I hate the NBA. I just hate the duke arrogance.

Comment

• Michigan > Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuff
            Michigan > Illinois.
            duh.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
              Michigan > Illinois.
              duh.
              We actually beat them in basketball tonight... Its amazing. Michigan only beats up on trashy teams.

Comment

• I will admit, even though I love Duke, a lot of our fans are complete jerks. Most hyped up program out there in college basketball without a doubt. UNC has a hell of a lot of arrogance as well (and in some ways, it's worse), but people accept it better for some reason. Kind of like Michigan opposed to Ohio State. It's cool though. I don't see the problem with a bunch of people hating on Duke.

As for whomever called that guy stupid for saying Duke always chokes, he's probably just real young, because in recent years, that's what's happened. So it's understandable.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                  Originally posted by TitleTown088
                  Originally posted by thetedginnshow
                  I love that Bluedevils defense and passing game. They might not have scoring down, but the rest of the fundamentals are just terrific.
                  And Oden should just never shave. Right now he could pass for 40, but if he makes that a goatee, he could get into the 50s.
                  You can thank coach K for that.

McCroberts is laying dimes, damn.
                  Well if that wasn't obvious.

But seriously, they need to start recruiting some real talent. They recruit a bunch of guys that are already known for their intelligence on the court and fundamentals, and then they happen to come into a place that teaches the fundamentals the best. Recruit some big time athletes and Coach K can lead them to championships every year.
                  Gerald Henderson jr., Nolan Smith, and kyle sigler will help with that..

BTW what kind of name is Daquawn?
                  Singler is not a big time recruit. A very solid player yes but not a big time athlete
                  http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=1260411. The number 1 ranked SF is not a big time recruit? :roll: who cares if he's not big time athlete, he's good. big time pick up for Duke.
                  Singler is definitely not the best SF in this class, but he is a big time recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow
                    I will admit, even though I love Duke, a lot of our fans are complete jerks. Most hyped up program out there in college basketball without a doubt. UNC has a hell of a lot of arrogance as well (and in some ways, it's worse), but people accept it better for some reason. Kind of like Michigan opposed to Ohio State. It's cool though. I don't see the problem with a bunch of people hating on Duke.

As for whomever called that guy stupid for saying Duke always chokes, he's probably just real young, because in recent years, that's what's happened. So it's understandable.
                    i'm not real young but its not like i'm going to do a complete overview of the duke program. Their recent years fitted into what I was saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuff
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      Michigan > Illinois.
                      duh.
                      We actually beat them in basketball tonight... Its amazing. Michigan only beats up on trashy teams.
                      I wasn't surprised you guys won tonight at all. We usually struggle up at Ann Arbor (I think our Final 4 year we won by about 5 points, if even that).

Some of your guys had the games of their careers. I mean Dion Harris had about 12 points above his average in that game and couldn't miss. And there was some other guy who had about 10 points above his average.

Congrats on the win, but I picked this as a game we'd probably lose in the Big 10, so I'm not worried about it. We haven't peaked yet as a team, and right now we aren't playing to well. Our offense looks stagnent, Pruitt hasn't given us consistency inside, and our defense has been lazy. But I imagine that's going to change.

IMO Illinois will still finish above Michigan in the Big 10. As long as we go about .500 on the road, I'm fine because we usually dominate at the Hall.

And for your info, I am picking an upset on Saturday over the Buckeyes. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                        I love that Bluedevils defense and passing game. They might not have scoring down, but the rest of the fundamentals are just terrific.
                        And Oden should just never shave. Right now he could pass for 40, but if he makes that a goatee, he could get into the 50s.

But seriously, they need to start recruiting some real talent. They recruit a bunch of guys that are already known for their intelligence on the court and fundamentals, and then they happen to come into a place that teaches the fundamentals the best. Recruit some big time athletes and Coach K can lead them to championships every year.

Singler is not a big time recruit. A very solid player yes but not a big time athlete
                        http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=1260411. The number 1 ranked SF is not a big time recruit? :roll: who cares if he's not big time athlete, he's good. big time pick up for Duke.
                        Singler is definitely not the best SF in this class, but he is a big time recruit.
                        ok, I'll take your word for it over probably the biggest scouting website in the nation. i mean you have watched 10 min of his highlight videos( If that) on youtube instead of scouting him in person at all of his games and workouts. Duke, Kansas, UNC, and UCLA recruited him very heavily for being not the #1 SF prospect.

BTW Edge as for you saying Duke is probably the most hyped program in the NCAA. The Reason duke recieves so much hype is becasue they are so solid year in and year out. No team can compare equally to the dominance Duke has had in college balencesto recently. They are a perinial top 15 team. That is why many people dislike them, because they envy them.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway

ok, I'll take your word for it over probably the biggest scouting website in the nation. i mean you have watched 10 min of his highlight videos( If that) on youtube instead of scouting him in person at all of his games and workouts. Duke, Kansas, UNC, and UCLA recruited him very heavily for being not the #1 SF prospect.

BTW Edge as for you saying Duke is probably the most hyped program in the NCAA. The Reason duke recieves so much hype is becasue they are so solid year in and year out. No team can compare equally to the dominance Duke has had in college balencesto recently. They are a perinial top 15 team. That is why many people dislike them, because they envy them.
                          i dont envy them whatsoever. They receive so much hype because they are getting the top players in the nation every year.

Comment

• Scout isn't the best scouting website, it's complete crap compared to Rivals, whose #1 prospect is Michael Beasley, Small Forward. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway

Singler will be a good player, but I think he's sorely overrated as a top prospect. He's very, very slow.

I've seen a couple videos of him and while he has looked good, I'd take a handful of guys over him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Sweetness,

eat me 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information