No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money and recruits fall straight into LSU's lap.

John Brady was one of the worst coaches in the NCAA but he managed because of the excess of talent down there. Same for Alabama. Gottfried is TERRIBLE but they get some crazy athletes down there.

Comment

• There's some rumblings of Pitino interviewing for the Miami Heat job.

Seems pretty disasterous for both sides...

Comment

• Pitino is not leaving. he will not go to the NBA, he already tried that and failed

Comment

• Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
          Pitino is not leaving. he will not go to the NBA, he already tried that and failed
          One of his closest friends was quoted as saying, "No way" when asked if he'd retire at Louisville but I don't see him going to the NBA nor do I see the NBA going after him. I think he retires at Louisville but there are some people with connections insisting there is a mutual interest between the Heat and Pitino and that they're interested in feeling things out. I just don't see it.

Comment

• i dont think he will retire with louisville. i see him leaving for a bigger school. but i just dont see him going back to the NBA

Comment

• Self Staying with KU!!!Take that T Boone Pickens :)

Comment

• so there is a rumor about Sosa tranferring from louisville. if this does happen this would be a major hit to the program. what i hear is that he is looking at Miami.

Comment

• Some news involving Villanova, including a couple of tranfers:

Seems that Malcolm Grant is transferring from 'Nova to Miami, per MSN (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...FERS_TO_MIAMI). The Grant situation was interesting, supposedly Jay Wright asked Grant to go to prep school for a year when Scottie Reynolds decided to come here and he didn't have enough scholarships. Grant complied, and Wright didn't play him nearly as much as his offensive production when he was on the court (just under 6 points in over 12 minutes per game, including playing a huge role in wins over LSU and Pitt). He probably deserved more play time than he got here, though he was stuck behind Fisher, Stokes, and Reynolds. Grant is a good offensive player that shoots well, can penetrate, and runs the team fairly well. When he's hot he can take over a game. However, he really plays poor defense. He's a good player though and a fan favorite, should do well at Miami once he gets down there.

Taylor King is transferring to Villanova from Duke per ESPN. Should be a decent outside shooter and will probably play a role when Shane Clark, Reggie Redding, and Dwayne Anderson leave. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3345570)

Also Tyreke Evans, thought by many to be the top uncommitted player in the class of 2008, will be announcing his decision (Memphis or Villanova) on Wednesday. I have to think Memphis is the favorite, especially if Reynolds is coming back for his junior year.

Comment

• Tyreke Evans signs with Memphis

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3350309

Comment

• Yeah, I think it was a good move by him. He's going to be compared to Rose all season, so it'll certainly be interesting to see. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all of his stats are better, save for FG%, depending on whether Ebanks signs as well or not.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Quote from 'Reke I saw somewhere, Jay Wright pretty much told him that if he wants to be one and done he should go to Memphis and if he wants to be a part of a family he should come to Villanova. Strange that Jay would say that to him when it's pretty much guaranteed he's leaving after a year anyway. Looks like we'll be focusing on Cheek in '09. Wonder what we'll do with our scholarship left over though...

Comment

• Earl Clark Forward from louisville, has decided to return to college and not enter the NBA draft

Comment

• Doug Wiggins is looking to transfer from UCONN. He says he's not getting enough playing time which is strange because he was our 6th man last year. He says he's willing to transfer anywhere in the country as long as it's a good fit, and the rumor is that he's looking at some Big 10 schools. He will have 2 years of eligibility left wherever he goes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Doug Wiggins is looking to transfer from UCONN. He says he's not getting enough playing time which is strange because he was our 6th man last year. He says he's willing to transfer anywhere in the country as long as it's a good fit, and the rumor is that he's looking at some Big 10 schools. He will have 2 years of eligibility left wherever he goes.
                              Wiggins in the Big 10? That's like Michael Jordan playing park and rec. :D

Paul

New York Giants
                              New York Yankees
                              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                              UConn Basketball
                              Virginia Tech Football
                              UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                                Wiggins in the Big 10? That's like Michael Jordan playing park and rec. :D
                                LOL yeah they might have a problem with his speed there...he could be the next Dee Brown.

Do you know any stories of why he's transferring? I'm assuming that Calhoun told him he was gonna be behind Kemba Walker.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information