No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i still think that should be illegal in NCAA rules. no more package deals.

Comment

• The Gophers are going to be the team to beat in the Big Ten in a year or two.

Holler.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• There is a rumor that Lute Olsen is engaged... Again.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          The Gophers are going to be the team to beat in the Big Ten in a year or two.

Holler.
          ******* right. Who says Tubby can't recruit? Devoe Joseph, Colton Iverson, Ralph Sampson III, Paul Carter, Devon Bostick, and now Royce White in 2009.

Not to mention Al Nolen is already a really good PG, especially on defense, and Blake Hoffarber will be a great guy to bring off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            and Blake Hoffarber will be a great guy to bring off the bench.
            and so he can hit shots on his ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
              and so he can hit shots on his ass.
              I was at that game. I thought the game was over and was in the aisle walking out.

Comment

******* right. Who says Tubby can't recruit? Devoe Joseph, Colton Iverson, Ralph Sampson III, Paul Carter, Devon Bostick, and now Royce White in 2009.

Not to mention Al Nolen is already a really good PG, especially on defense, and Blake Hoffarber will be a great guy to bring off the bench.
                Royce White is in my world civ class. Really nice kid.

Edit: Meant Ralph Sampson. I should probably know that.
                Last edited by bearsfan_51; 08-15-2008, 11:33 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Mario's dad resigns after his son declares for the NBA. Yea ad, he was fully qualified for that job.
                  Talk to the National Championship Trophy...I'd say the hire was worth it...It happens all the time in College B-Ball (i.e. Baylor just signed John Wall's top advisor)...Now, we'll offer the job to Xavier's Henry Dad, Carl Henry :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

It wasn't as much a matter of Tubby not being able to recruit but his staff at UK was just horrible. Everyone's biggest gripe was how poor his assistants were. Last year NONE of them were hired at other schools, that's how bad they were.

And let me say it's garbage that schools can hire parents/handlers of recruits, I still have no idea how there is not a rule against this. Wall has visited UK 3 times I think but it became clear that Coach was not willing to do what it would take to get wall (that is, hiring his handler).

That same staff was unaware of Kevin Durant and the fact that Durant wanted to hear from UK.
                    Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                      Talk to the National Championship Trophy...I'd say the hire was worth it...It happens all the time in College B-Ball (i.e. Baylor just signed John Wall's top advisor)...Now, we'll offer the job to Xavier's Henry Dad, Carl Henry :D
                      Yep, typical KU fans, willing to sell their souls to the devil in order to win. Self is slime, I hated him at Illinois and I hate him even more now.

But the fact that you retract your statment from earlier in the season that the hire was legit because Chalmers was qualified is ridiculous. Chalmers was never qualified for that job, and him leaving after his son goes pro proves that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        The Gophers are going to be the team to beat in the Big Ten in a year or two.

Holler.
                        Bull ******* ****. Minnesota while on an upswing will still be considered a bottom tear team in the Big 10. Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, and Illinois have better looking futures (and recruiting classes) than Minnesota does.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Bull ******* ****. Minnesota while on an upswing will still be considered a bottom tear team in the Big 10. Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, and Illinois have better looking futures (and recruiting classes) than Minnesota does.
                          What do you mean still. We almost made the tournament last year.

And we had the third best 2008 class in the big 10 behind Ohio State (Mullens will be one and done anyway) and Michigan State. Purdue does have a very good young team, but Wisconsin loses Butch, Landry, and Flowers. I see them having a rebuilding year

We were better than Illinois this year, add a top 25 2008 recruiting class, already have a 5 star 2009 player in Royce White, and supposedly we don't have as bright a future as Illinois? Take off the orange and blue glasses man.
                          Last edited by yo123; 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Yep, typical KU fans, willing to sell their souls to the devil in order to win. Self is slime, I hated him at Illinois and I hate him even more now.

But the fact that you retract your statment from earlier in the season that the hire was legit because Chalmers was qualified is ridiculous. Chalmers was never qualified for that job, and him leaving after his son goes pro proves that.
                            Sell my soul? We hired a recruit's dad so he would feel more comfortable at Kansas...That's far from selling our souls...Self is a classy guy...He never negatively recruits and doesn't commit recruiting violations...I think you meant Cal is slime...It's not like Ronnie Chalmers was some bum off the street either...He was a very successful HS basketball coach.

Your hatred for Self and all things Kansas is pretty juvenile...Get over it...Self spurned Illinois for Kansas and has now won a NC, while your program has gone down the tubes...Just move on...I still don't understand why Illinois fans just can't get over it

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• For the record, Caracter is gone from UofL... Again. Thinking about going NAIA route given how terrible his grades are.

Comment

• You didn't almost make the tournament. You lost to us in the semi finals of the Big 10 Tournament after having a decent season. You my friend were not a bubble team, at least not in the sense of some of the other bubble teams. Hell we were almost in as well, one win away.

We also have had one of the best recruiting runs in the country for 2009 and 2010, two five star players in 2010, four four stars in 2009, a four star in 2008, and more to come shortly, we also have a stud transfer in Legion, and have the best PG in the conference in DMac, yup I said it. If you haven't heard Jamar Smith was kicked off the team about two weeks ago which hurts a lot, but it also opens up another scholarship that will be filled shortly. We're still at least a year away from making a move back to the better half of the Big 10 but as far as "futures" go we have one of the brightest in the Big 10, no doubt with our recent recruiting gets.

Wisky never rebuilds, they reload. They lost Tucker and Taylor last year and were awesome this year. Ohio State and Matta recruit like mad every season and will be strong for years to come. Purdue keeps getting talent every year and will be strong. MSU while underachievers are still a threat every season. Minnesota has a long way to go to prove to me they are making a move to the top of the Big 10 because they haven't had much recent success.

Minnesota I agree does have a nice future but as far as becoming a power house in the Big 10, I don't think so. Oh and we beat you 3 times last year as well btw. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information