No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Orton has committed, if Patrick Patterson stays next year (wants to be a top 10 pick to leave) we will EASILY have the best frontcourt in the nation and it's a safe assumption that we'd be top 5 going into next season.

I can't believe how quickly Gillispie has turned things around. This is the most athletic team we've put together in quite some time not to mention they have amazing chemistry. Cannot wait for the season to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Now that Orton has committed, if Patrick Patterson stays next year (wants to be a top 10 pick to leave) we will EASILY have the best frontcourt in the nation and it's a safe assumption that we'd be top 5 going into next season.

I can't believe how quickly Gillispie has turned things around. This is the most athletic team we've put together in quite some time not to mention they have amazing chemistry. Cannot wait for the season to start.
      I'd be surprised if Patterson stayed given the weak draft class this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• I almost bought this years Athlon college basketball preview mag today but I decided to hold off a bit. I didn't want to get myself too anxious for college hoops to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          Heels FTW this year kthxbai
          They are so sick this year, it's not creative at all but they are my pick for the NC. Way too talented to not win it all.

Lawson, Ellington, Hansborough, Danny Green, along with another sick recruiting class with Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, and Larry Drew.

The Gophers should be competitive again this year. I would expect another NIT appearance this year, but 2 years from now we could be a legit contender in the Big Ten.

Comment

• I don't remember a Tennessee football season in the past where I was already looking forward to basketball season. Things have definitely flip-flopped here at UT. Thank goodness for Bruce Pearl.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              OSU is no longer Ohio State University. It is now known as One Season University. This will be the 3rd year in a row with a talented freshman 7 footer that bolts after one year
              Yep...they help us win though. Mullens is no Oden and we don't have a Conley but our wings are better than a few years back. I think they will easily make the tournament and Mullens is the kind of player who could help carry a team once they reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                I'd be surprised if Patterson stayed given the weak draft class this year.
                Yeah... He loves it here and his parents want him to graduate (they're trying to get him graduated in 3 years) but I honestly think Gillispie will be urging him to go if he's a top 10 pick. It's in both parties best interest, if he goes pro then Gillispie has Orton/Pilgrim as very solid big men to take his place and in the future he can point to Patterson as a big man he's sent to the NBA.

Things are shaping up VERY nicely here, we're going to be very dangerous.

Comment

• Miami is looking really nice this year.

Jacky Mac for Naismith!

Seriously though, McClinton is sick.
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    They are so sick this year, it's not creative at all but they are my pick for the NC. Way too talented to not win it all.

Lawson, Ellington, Hansborough, Danny Green, along with another sick recruiting class with Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, and Larry Drew.
                    As long as they don't gag it away again, they are definitely the favorites. They added some much needed size with 7 footer Tyler Zeller and 6'10" Ed Davis, which might allow Hansbrough to play some 4 against bigger teams. If Ellington can be more consistent with his shooting (great shooter, maddeningly inconsistent) and Lawson can stay healthy, they have as good a shot as anyone.

Comment

• A few reactions from Tubby's Tip-off last night

-Paul Carter was the most impressive of the newcomers and showed range and great athleticism

-Ralph Sampson III is creative around the rim and knows how to finish, needs to find the weight room though

-Colton Iverson looked lost...Spencer version 2.0

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• No way, Colton Iverson will be fine. I thought he worked the boards very well. The kid is like 18 and played in South Dakota his whole life, give him a break.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          No way, Colton Iverson will be fine. I thought he worked the boards very well. The kid is like 18 and played in South Dakota his whole life, give him a break.
                          How dare you...

SD actually has fairly good basketball programs to tell you the truth. Nothing spectacular, but solid. Mike Miller and Joe Krabenhoft are some names.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Kenny George, who apparently has grown another inch is probably going to miss the entire season. How miserable do you think he is knowing he's way too big to ever live a normal life?
                            He had to amputate part of his foot. Hope he is doing well.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...v=st&type=lgns

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              A few reactions from Tubby's Tip-off last night

-Paul Carter was the most impressive of the newcomers and showed range and great athleticism

-Ralph Sampson III is creative around the rim and knows how to finish, needs to find the weight room though

-Colton Iverson looked lost...Spencer version 2.0
                              Holy **** I hope you're wrong about Iverson. I can't handle another Spencer Tollackson.

How did Devoe Joseph look?

Comment

• I don't think I'd ever wanna be taller than 6'5 or 6'6. That's probably about maximum for me.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information