College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3659611

Lute Olson is stepping down as coach of Arizona.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3659611

Edit: I guess the news about the retirement was first heard at Nike HQ and then was passed on to Dicky V... Lute is one strange Mother ****er.
      Last edited by Turtlepower; 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3659611

That's interesting, I thought he died years ago...

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
          That's interesting, I thought he died years ago...
          No that was just the Wildcats national championship hopes

Comment

No that was just the Wildcats national championship hopes
            Their 2009 recruiting class is already starting to de-commit. Mike Moser has decommitted and Soloman Hill and Gaddy are both looking at other options. If those 3 de-commit, they lose a top-5 recruiting class to having no one committed for 09.

Comment

• I bet Chase Budinger wishes he had declared now

Comment

I bet Chase Budinger wishes he had declared now
                The mother of Jason Whitey, Scout's #8 C last year, is pissed bout all of the misinformation being spread around at Arizona.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/frontpage/100496.php

Debbie Withey, mother of freshman center Jeff Withey, said she received word by text message.
                "That's how I find out?" she asked. "The mother of one of the top players. . . . To find out this way is unbelievable.
                "I just got done crying to my husband," said Debbie Withey, a local teacher. "I feel totally stupid that we stuck it out (when Olson took a leave of absence last season). And we're the stupid ones. We listened to people.
                "Every coach we dealt with is gone" from the previous regime, she added.
                "I feel totally betrayed. That's me personally. I have no clue how Jeffrey feels right now. He probably is just concerned with playing. He doesn't care about this stuff. But that's why we're the parents."

Comment

• I wouldn't be shocked if the NCAA grants instant eligibility waivers to Arizona players that wish to transfer

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if the NCAA grants instant eligibility waivers to Arizona players that wish to transfer
                    Probably not, the ncaa really only allows that for family issues. I don't even think I know of one instance where they allowed it to happen for a firing/resigning of a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      Probably not, the ncaa really only allows that for family issues. I don't even think I know of one instance where they allowed it to happen for a firing/resigning of a coach.
                      I know that the mass exodus of players that left Indiana are currently trying to get them. They had an article on espn.com about it today

Comment

I know that the mass exodus of players that left Indiana are currently trying to get them. They had an article on espn.com about it today
                        That would be pretty interesting if they allowed it to happen. I just don't understand how Lute Olsen said that he had the energy to coach 2 days ago and pulls this **** today.

Comment

I bet Chase Budinger wishes he had declared now
                          Doubt it. Lute hardly coached him last year.

Comment

• http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...s?vid=10319793

Good video about Memphis basketball and Pierre Henderson-Niles.

Comment

• Former ASU assistant coach Russ Pennell has been named the interim HC for Arizona. This is getting fun.

Comment

• UWM is gonna make it the Final 4, I am roomates with one of their starting guards. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyaaaaaaaaw!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information