College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
    No, the part where Lil' Romeo takes a bunch of recruits out on the town and spends as much money he wants on them. That is where I find fault here, not in the stipend.
    yeah, that doesn't seem right

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Why should the NCAA care if a player spends his own independently earned money on his friends and teammates?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        Why should the NCAA care if a player spends his own independently earned money on his friends and teammates?
        Well, this is specifically him spending the money on recruits, not teammates.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Why should the NCAA care if a player spends his own independently earned money on his friends and teammates?
          I agree. I get that it's pretty shady Miller just took the guys out, but is there really anything Floyd did wrong? Although it's kind of implied that Miller was going to spend his own money on them, for all Floyd knows he took them to his dorm and they played video games or something. Beyond that, if he does say something to Miller that implies he's going to be spending his own money like suggesting he doesn't do that then that makes it even more sticky. And Miller volunteered to take the guys out, it's not like Floyd called him over and said hey get me these two recruits and pointed across the room to them. So although it's shady I'm not sure there's anything Floyd did wrong, and I'm not sure how he could have handled the situation much differently without getting into trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            I really don't see this team winning it all. I understand that they are the best team on paper, but I just don't think they have a top-scoring threat like most other teams in the country (and I don't believe Hansbrough is a scoring threat).
            yeah give Roy the best team in the country and he'll find a way to blow it(see 1997 KU team) that team never should have lost to Arizona

Comment

• Uconn! Uconn! Uconn!!!

Comment

• BOOOO Uconn...go Cards

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  yeah give Roy the best team in the country and he'll find a way to blow it(see 1997 KU team) that team never should have lost to Arizona
                  He just won a NC like 4 years ago with UNC...

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• UK's first exhibition is tomorrow night, I have a test that I'm going to slaughter so I don't miss any of it.

I'm extremely pumped about the team, I haven't seen a UK team together like this in forever. Patterson has a good shot at all-american and SEC POY honors, Jodie Meeks is going to surprise a lot of people. They had the blue/white scrimmage last night and he put up 32. I'd say he'll be our leading scorer over even Patterson.

I cannot believe Florida is ranked over us, they couldn't even make the tournament and they lost Speights. I think they'll be improved but not enough to make them ranked.

I'm expecting UK (health provided) to be top 15 by the end of the season, right now I'd put us mid to upper 20's.

Comment

• Hey Prince you going to the Gophers game tomorrow against St. Cloud State?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        For the sake of not making your point look completely ********, are we just going to stricken the 2005 national title from this argument?

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Hey Prince you going to the Gophers game tomorrow against St. Cloud State?
                          ahhh I wasn't planning on it

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            For the sake of not making your point look completely ********, are we just going to stricken the 2005 national title from this argument?
                            verb tense agreement Sniper. you horribly blended the past and future tenses of the word strike. It would correctly be "are we going to strike the 2005 national title from this argument?"

i can be a grammar nazi too

Comment

verb tense agreement Sniper. you horribly blended the past and future tenses of the word strike. It would correctly be "are we going to strike the 2005 national title from this argument?"

i can be a grammar nazi too
                              I appreciate it. Seriously.

Comment

• Preseason All-Americans were announced

F: Tyler Hansbrough
                                F: Blake Griffin
                                F: Luke Harangrody
                                G: Darren Collison
                                G: Stephen Curry

Collison is surprising to me seeing as he underperformed last year and may see all the talented freshmen guards take PT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information