No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was really hoping to see James Harden on the list. Oh well, people will know him by the end of the season.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      I was really hoping to see James Harden on the list. Oh well, people will know him by the end of the season.
      He was on 9 of the ballots I think according to the ESPN article

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        He was on 9 of the ballots I think according to the ESPN article
        It said he was the only player on more than 9 ballots and finished 6th with 25 points. I think he deserves to be on their over Collison and Griffin, but that is just my biased opinion.

Comment

It said he was the only player on more than 9 ballots and finished 6th with 25 points. I think he deserves to be on their over Collison and Griffin, but that is just my biased opinion.
          I agree. Collison has no right to be on there

Comment

• Harden really isn't getting nearly as much attention as I expected, do you all still have that big guy that was good? I forget his name obviously.

They put out the SEC coaches poll of all-SEC players, AJ Ogilvy and Patrick Patterson were the only unanimous decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Harden really isn't getting nearly as much attention as I expected, do you all still have that big guy that was good? I forget his name obviously.

They put out the SEC coaches poll of all-SEC players, AJ Ogilvy and Patrick Patterson were the only unanimous decisions.
              Yeah, Jeff Pendergraf. He actually used to date my fiancee's good friend. Jeff's major problem is that he gets into foul trouble way too early and it wasn't until late in the season that our former McDonald's AA transfer from Duke Eric Boateng really stepped up. Jeff is a Senior and Boateng is a Redshirt Junior, so I fully expect us to have massively improved on the front court. Our incoming draft class is a little misleading as well because we got a really athletic SF in Johnny Coy who was actually drafted in the 7th round by the Phillies this spring. He'll be playing both baseball and basketball at ASU, so I'm wondering how he is going to perform in February when Baseball Practice begins.

Anyway, I have a lot of faith in our team and I'm hoping we do well against St. Mary's and Wake Forest in the Anaheim Classic. By the way, I think both of those teams will win their respective conferences.

Comment

Yeah, Jeff Pendergraf. He actually used to date my fiancee's good friend. Jeff's major problem is that he gets into foul trouble way too early and it wasn't until late in the season that our former McDonald's AA transfer from Duke Eric Boateng really stepped up. Jeff is a Senior and Boateng is a Redshirt Junior, so I fully expect us to have massively improved on the front court. Our incoming draft class is a little misleading as well because we got a really athletic SF in Johnny Coy who was actually drafted in the 7th round by the Phillies this spring. He'll be playing both baseball and basketball at ASU, so I'm wondering how he is going to perform in February when Baseball Practice begins.

Anyway, I have a lot of faith in our team and I'm hoping we do well against St. Mary's and Wake Forest in the Anaheim Classic. By the way, I think both of those teams will win their respective conferences.
                You have Wake beating out UNC? Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  You have Wake beating out UNC? Interesting.
                  I honestly believe that Wake has the front court to stop Hansbrough. If you stop Hansbrough, you stop UNC. I guess it depends on how well Ty Walker develops, but I think he can be really dominant this season.

Comment

• UK wins the first exhibition 111-53.

We were playing a terrible team obviously but it's the first time the team has topped 100 points in 5 years so it's significant.

This team is going to be good, I'm as pumped as I've been in years... We're going to surprise a lot of people.

Comment

I honestly believe that Wake has the front court to stop Hansbrough. If you stop Hansbrough, you stop UNC. I guess it depends on how well Ty Walker develops, but I think he can be really dominant this season.
                      But UNC added much needed depth in the front court this season. That can only help Hansbrough.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        ahhh I wasn't planning on it

You didn't miss much, we won by 10 but played like garbage.

Comment

• Mississippi State boi. Jarvis Varnando is gonna own!

Seriously though, UNC is winning it all

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                          Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                          I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                          LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                            UNC is winning it all
                            Man, talk about going out on a limb ;)

Comment

• Basketball season states today with the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic getting under way. Anyone else stoked for this season?

Comment

Basketball season states today with the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic getting under way. Anyone else stoked for this season?
                                I am super pumped. I am one of the few fans of a Mid-Major it seems on this board, but I am pumped not only for our season but for the season as a whole.

Illinois State will hopefully be able to make the tournament this year, but we lost the heart of our team in Boo Richardson and have had 3 PG's injured in the offseason trying to replace him. Osiris Eldridge and Chamberlain 'Champ' Oguchi, formerly of Oregon if you Pac-10 people remember, will show quite a scoring punch. Hopefully for the second year in a row ISU can be the best team in the state of Illinois.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information