No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the effect of moving the 3pt Line back? Will it widen the gap of Mid-Major and Major programs? Will scoring go down? How much will FG% or 3pt% go down?

I have my opinions but I am looking for discussion.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      What will the effect of moving the 3pt Line back? Will it widen the gap of Mid-Major and Major programs? Will scoring go down? How much will FG% or 3pt% go down?

I have my opinions but I am looking for discussion.
      As far as 3-PT%, I don't really think there will be much of a difference. If there will be a difference, I see the 3-PT% increasing because of the larger area that zone defenses now have to cover. I am almost certain that scoring will increase this season, mark my words.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        As far as 3-PT%, I don't really think there will be much of a difference. If there will be a difference, I see the 3-PT% increasing because of the larger area that zone defenses now have to cover. I am almost certain that scoring will increase this season, mark my words.
        Well Mid-Major conspiracy theorists believe it is a subtle move by the BCS conferences to gain a small advantage due to size in the paint. Some have cited that since there also will be more room that smaller teams will have to switch out of zones and therefore a detriment to interior defense. I think that it may only effect the low major teams but not really the better teams of the 'mid-major' variety. Plus, I think people are just creating problems it really is not a large move.

Any reason you believe scoring will increase or just a feeling?

Comment

Well Mid-Major conspiracy theorists believe it is a subtle move by the BCS conferences to gain a small advantage due to size in the paint. Some have cited that since there also will be more room that smaller teams will have to switch out of zones and therefore a detriment to interior defense. I think that it may only effect the low major teams but not really the better teams of the 'mid-major' variety. Plus, I think people are just creating problems it really is not a large move.

Any reason you believe scoring will increase or just a feeling?
          Because the majority of college teams play some sort of zone defense and by expanding the court, it will make it much tougher to defend outside shooters.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I am super pumped. I am one of the few fans of a Mid-Major it seems on this board, but I am pumped not only for our season but for the season as a whole.

Illinois State will hopefully be able to make the tournament this year, but we lost the heart of our team in Boo Richardson and have had 3 PG's injured in the offseason trying to replace him. Osiris Eldridge and Chamberlain 'Champ' Oguchi, formerly of Oregon if you Pac-10 people remember, will show quite a scoring punch. Hopefully for the second year in a row ISU can be the best team in the state of Illinois.
            There was a kid from right around my area who went there, Alex Rubin.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I'm interested in seeing Duke blow out Presbeterian by 40

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                There was a kid from right around my area who went there, Alex Rubin.
                He is one of the PG's who got injured. He is out for 4 more weeks I believe. He was competing for a starting PG position and this injury probably will keep him from starting many if any games this year. Not really a scorer but plays good enough defense and hopefully could run the offense.

Comment

I am super pumped. I am one of the few fans of a Mid-Major it seems on this board, but I am pumped not only for our season but for the season as a whole.

Illinois State will hopefully be able to make the tournament this year, but we lost the heart of our team in Boo Richardson and have had 3 PG's injured in the offseason trying to replace him. Osiris Eldridge and Chamberlain 'Champ' Oguchi, formerly of Oregon if you Pac-10 people remember, will show quite a scoring punch. Hopefully for the second year in a row ISU can be the best team in the state of Illinois.
                  Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th team Oguchi has been on?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th team Oguchi has been on?
                    To my knowledge he was only on Oregon before Illinois State. Oregon people said he wined about how he wasn't receiving playing time. A lot of Duck fans didn't really like his attitude. He seems well liked so far on campus.

Comment

To my knowledge he was only on Oregon before Illinois State. Oregon people said he wined about how he wasn't receiving playing time. A lot of Duck fans didn't really like his attitude. He seems well liked so far on campus.
                      I thought he started at Xavier. Maybe he was an Xavier commit

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        I thought he started at Xavier. Maybe he was an Xavier commit
                        You are right. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Guard+...n.-a0131879217
                        Never mind it was Odia not Oguchi, too much reading the past couple days.

Comment

It's easy to confuse two Nigerian guys with weird names like Churchill and Chamberlain.

Comment

He is one of the PG's who got injured. He is out for 4 more weeks I believe. He was competing for a starting PG position and this injury probably will keep him from starting many if any games this year. Not really a scorer but plays good enough defense and hopefully could run the offense.
                            Really? He could let it rain in high school. His HS were our biggest rivals and he always gave our team fits. We had 4 D1 players in our starting 5 when he was a junior and he dropped like 40 on us.

I always thought he was going to be a great college player at the right school. What kind of injury does he have?
                            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• We don't have big college basketball recruits from my county in Maryland because we are within 30 minutes of private school powerhouses Montrose Christian, Dematha, and St. Johns. A lot of kids also end up going to Oak Hill.

The last public school kid from my county to go D1 with any success was Folarin Campbell and he went to George Mason.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                                Really? He could let it rain in high school. His HS were our biggest rivals and he always gave our team fits. We had 4 D1 players in our starting 5 when he was a junior and he dropped like 40 on us.

I always thought he was going to be a great college player at the right school. What kind of injury does he have?
                                He broke his fifth metatarsal in his foot. He had surgery to have a pin inserted into his foot. He is not a bad offensive player, but he hasn't shown the ability to get to the basket or create space for a jumper. He will knock down open shots and was gaining confidence in shooting late in the year last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information