No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Purdue a lot. They are just way to dependent on their perimeter game. They need a big man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      Big 10 Basketball sucks ass.
      False. Duke is just really good. The Big 10 doesn't seem to have a great team, but it has a lot of solid ones.

I will agree that Purdue is nowhere near a top 10 team though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        I've always thought teams like Purdue and Wisconsin were vastly overrated. All defense with no offense. If you can score more than 55 points they are screwed
        But if those team get even 1 legit scorer, they can be scary. The defensive teams do end up being the most consistent throughout the season and usually get them to a sweet 16.

As for Duke, they need to play a team with a legit big man. They are going to get destroyed by UNC and Wake Forest in the ACC.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          False. Duke is just really good.
          But its easier to throw a team under the bus because some team I hate destroyed them. Duke comes into most seasons "overrated" because everyone hates them so and can't look at them objectively.

Duke has done very well without a big man so far and will continue to do so. However, Duke will struggle to beat UNC for reasons aside from just a big man. UNC is a very good team that can beat anyone with their weapons. Wake? From what I've seen I don't think they're good enough to beat Duke or UNC just yet, however I haven't seen them too much so I'll reserve my predictions upon further notice.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            But its easier to throw a team under the bus because some team I hate destroyed them. Duke comes into most seasons "overrated" because everyone hates them so and can't look at them objectively.

Duke has done very well without a big man so far and will continue to do so. However, Duke will struggle to beat UNC for reasons aside from just a big man. UNC is a very good team that can beat anyone with their weapons. Wake? From what I've seen I don't think they're good enough to beat Duke or UNC just yet, however I haven't seen them too much so I'll reserve my predictions upon further notice.
            Wake is playing phenomenal ball right now with legitimate inside-outside scoring. They are one of the most balanced teams in the ACC, let alone the nation. Don't be surprised to see Wake make it to the Final Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Wake is playing phenomenal ball right now with legitimate inside-outside scoring. They are one of the most balanced teams in the ACC, let alone the nation. Don't be surprised to see Wake make it to the Final Four.
              Wake has so much size. When they played Baylor there were times where they were playing with like 4 forwards on the court

Comment

Wake has so much size. When they played Baylor there were times where they were playing with like 4 forwards on the court
                I said it before the season that Wake Forest will win the ACC. People are finally starting to jump on their bandwagon now. It makes me happy.

Also, don't be surprised to see Baylor make a strong run at winning the Big XII. When that team is on, they could be one of the best outside shooting teams in the country.

Comment

• Why is no one at the UNC-MSU game

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Why is no one at the UNC-MSU game
                    Because of the late start. People have been bitching about it all day on the radio. A lot of students aren't there because East Lansing is about 1.5-2 hours away from Detroit. The game won't end until 11:00 or 11:30 by them time people get back to school, it's going to be 1:00-1:30 and it's a school night.

Comment

• They didn't miss much...UNC up by 30.

Comment

• Danny Green has really stepped his game up. I never thought he had a ton of pro potential but now that he has a jump shot he's definately a 1st rounder in my eyes and likely a 10 year pro

Comment

• so has the Big 10 won any games in the challenge this year, or are they just going to try and get worse and worse each year?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            so has the Big 10 won any games in the challenge this year, or are they just going to try and get worse and worse each year?
                            They have won 4 games.

Comment

They have won 4 games.
                              w00t!!!! Dominance! That's almost half, I'm impressed.

EDIT: Why are UNC's starters still in when they are up 30 with 5 mins left?
                              Last edited by iowatreat54; 12-03-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• The Big Ten simply doesn't have anyone to match up against North Carolina, Duke, or Wake. I don't think anyone really thought they would. But if you get past the elite teams, the Big Ten is pretty solid from top to bottom this year, especially in comparison to others.

There likely won't be a Big Ten team in the Elight Eight, but I could see 7-8 teams making the tourney.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information