College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    The Gophers are ranked #23 in both the Coaches Poll and the AP poll. We should be 12-0 going into Big 10 play aginst Michigan State.

The Big 10 is #1 in the RPI now, looks like we aren't as bad as most people thought. Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan all have the potential to win a game in the tournament.
    Minnesota went 9-0 and then won their only tough game...great scheduling by Tubby; they are deserving of that spot though.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      Minnesota went 9-0 and then won their only tough game...great scheduling by Tubby; they are deserving of that spot though.

The thing is our SOS really isn't THAT bad. We did play a lot of lesser known teams, but a lot of those teams are favored to win or at least do well in their conference like Eastern Washington, Cornell, and North Dakota State.

It will be interesting once we get to the better teams in the Big 10. We're jumping right into it with our first two games being Michigan State and Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        The thing is our SOS really isn't THAT bad. We did play a lot of lesser known teams, but a lot of those teams are favored to win or at least do well in their conference like Eastern Washington, Cornell, and North Dakota State.

It will be interesting once we get to the better teams in the Big 10. We're jumping right into it with our first two games being Michigan State and Ohio State.
        As long as Minnesota can go 10-8 in conference then they'll punch their ticket to the tourney

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I love me some Minnesota, but we don't deserve to be ranked right now. Not that it really matters right now anyway. Louisville is not a top 10 team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Michigan is ranked.

/the world.

Comment

• Big Braggin rights game tomorrow.

Missouri vs Illinois, love what Mike Anderson is doing for the Missouri program.

Comment

• The Marquette/NC State game had a crazy finish.

Dominic James his a deep 3 with .4 left to go up 3 and then NC State throws the full court pass to their center who hits a turn around Laetnerr-esque 3 to tie it.....except the red light came on before he released it. Marquette wins

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                  Big Braggin rights game tomorrow.

Missouri vs Illinois, love what Mike Anderson is doing for the Missouri program.
                  Wasn't expecting a blow out game but very impressed by my Illini tonight.

Anderson is an alright coach, still think he's a bit overrated and doesn't adjust well.

Weber's a helluva coach. And with the talent we have coming in the next couple years and his coaching ability, we are a scary program.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Good game between Wisconsin and Texas. Colse the entire game and I think the biggest lead for either team in the second half was 5 points.

Comment

• KU had an interesting trade off with AZ last night,AZ basically clobbers KU but KU nabs Jeff Withey on transfer from Arizona

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        KU had an interesting trade off with AZ last night,AZ basically clobbers KU but KU nabs Jeff Withey on transfer from Arizona
                        Yeah that was embrassing...It would've been nice to have Cole Aldrich show up to the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Kansas being a force this year? I saw that mentioned about a month ago by some KU fans saying that we should "watch out for the Jayhawks this year."

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                            Cole Aldrich>Hansborough
                            Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                            We're going to be good...Real Good.
                            Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                            Perhaps, but even if we do, I think we still will be a top 15 team at the end of the year.
                            Here's some of the posts I saw.

I think they will be a good team but top 15? Aldrich > Hansbrough? (I hope that was just you kidding around).

I have seen Kansas 3 times this year, one game I came away impressed and the other two left a lot to be desired. You lost Rush, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun...Take off the homer shades. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Here's some of the posts I saw.

I think they will be a good team but top 15? Aldrich > Hansbrough? (I hope that was just you kidding around).

I have seen Kansas 3 times this year, one game I came away impressed and the other two left a lot to be desired. You lost Rush, Arthur, Robinson, Chalmers, Jackson, and Kaun...Take off the homer shades. ;)
                              I never said KU was gonna be a force.I think by season's end they'll be better but TBH I'd be happy if we make it past the first weekend of the NCAA's

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                                I never said KU was gonna be a force.I think by season's end they'll be better but TBH I'd be happy if we make it past the first weekend of the NCAA's
                                Did I quote your posts? Noooooo...Therefore my post was not directed towards you. :D

Sorry, should have said "fan" not "fans." Kansas is not a top 15 team right now and unless Collins and Aldrich completely take their games to another level, I don't see them being a top 15 team come March. They have some talent but you also lost pretty much your entire National Title winning team from last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information