College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    LOL. My school, in Canada, lost to Kansas by a single point. Yeah it was exhibition, and yeah we won 4 straight championships before last season, and yeah we beat the other 3 NCAA schools, but come on... if you can't beat a Canadian school handily you don't belong as a legit contender in the NCAA. I shudder to think what UNC or UCONN would have done to us.
    My school beat your school out for the Championship last year. I think it is fair to say Brock > Kansas :)

Comment

• Illinois State is 12-0. Yes, no one good was beaten but 12 and 0 is probably put us in the top 50. I am satisfied with that. I am sure no one cares.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• so Rutgers started their grueling week of facing the top 3 teams in the country by losing by only 24 to UNC!

Pitt and Uconn to follow!
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I've watched some of the ISU Games on Ch. 74, I was not impressed to be honest and quite disappointed as I had high expectations for that team with Champ coming in. 12-0 is a good start but they've had a cupcake schedule so far. The MVC will be a rude awakening for them if they don't start to play better.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            I've watched some of the ISU Games on Ch. 74, I was not impressed to be honest and quite disappointed as I had high expectations for that team with Champ coming in. 12-0 is a good start but they've had a cupcake schedule so far. The MVC will be a rude awakening for them if they don't start to play better.
            They started conference already. They had a bad first half at missouri state but then went up in second have on a 22-2 run. I think this team is going to start playing better and better as the year goes on. It is a team that lost 4 starters last year.
            Both Champ Oguchi and O have been in a shooting slump. They will play defense and win all their home games. Hopefully they will be more explosive offensively. Let us hope we can get it going. But I agree they have not been very impressive.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Big 5 matchup between Temple and Villanova today could be pretty interesting. Temple played a helluva game against Tennessee and Dionte Christmas can be downright ridiculous. As much as I'm a huge Villanova fan I really think Temple has a good shot at pulling this one out. I would not be surprised in the least if Temple wins it and proves both that they're for real and that Villanova is ranked higher than they should be.

Not something you hear very often from a fan of a team but the way Villanova's playing they're significantly overrated right now as far as rankings and are more of a 20-35 team in my eyes until they get more consistant. They have the talent to be better but right now just aren't playing like a borderline top 15 team in the country.

Comment

• Thabeet being shut down right now. Greg Monroe will be a top 5 pick whenever he declares. The Kid is just so skilled.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Man Georgetown just absolutely owned #2 UCONN. Thabeet was terrible. Yes you are going against the zone but you can't let a 6-3' Austin Freeman who is playing down low push you to the free throw line. He wasn't helped by the guard play either that was content on passing around the perimeter but not making a move. Jeff Adrien was the only player on UCONN who showed any kind of heart. No reason this young Georgetown team although they are ranked #8 you UCONN shouldn't have been blown out at home especially considering Monroe was with foul trouble the entire game and missed much of the game because he couldn't get in his contact.

Comment

• OMG nolan Smith hurt. :(

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Gophers finally lost today, to Michigan State.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Much like Tubby has Pitino's number... Izzo has Tubby's number. Tubby's best teams couldn't beat Izzo except for the Ford Field game.

Comment

• Anyone here from the Chicago area and follow Chicago area HS hoops over the past few years? Or at least Northern Illinois hoops. I had a PFC check in yesterday who is working directly for me now who says he played high level basketball in Chicago and played a year of basketball at Northern Illinois

Comment

• lol Louisville goes down again, Pitino is still living off his glory days at UK. They're always so massively overrated in the preseason.

Granted, I'm not sure what them losing means for the effect on UK-UL Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              lol Louisville goes down again, Pitino is still living off his glory days at UK. They're always so massively overrated in the preseason.

Granted, I'm not sure what them losing means for the effect on UK-UL Sunday.
                              They have the talent though to be a top 10 team. There is no reason for a team with Earl Clark, Samardo Samuels, Terrence Williams, Edgar Sosa, Preston Knowles and so many others that they should already have 3 losses.

Comment

• Since Pitino has gone on to UL his team has really been plagued by lack of chemistry. He's always had the talent but lacks those guys that really bring a team together. David Padgett was that guy last season, they bombed when he was out then really came together when he was out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information