College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
    Creans gonna get a lot of time to fix tht team.
    He better, or Indiana may never get a coach cuz it would be rediculous if he didn't have a bunch of time.

Comment

• Illinois State fail. Loses to Indiana State. Pitiful really really pitiful. Can only get in FOR SURE by winning the conference tourney.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        Indiana will be back eventually. Crean is bringing in the #7 recruiting class next year. Not to mention Indiana is much more high profile and gets a lot more pub when they are good than Marquette. I get why Crean left.
        I think we all get that. It's just that the timing for it sucked. He was about to have 3 talented seniors and a good overall team and leaves for the **** in Indiana. Indiana is a much better job than Marquette, but I bet part of him wishes he could have been coaching those three in Milwaukee for a good Big East team than having the worst the worst team in the Big Ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          I think we are in for something special tonight at Cameron, so if I was you I'd be watching.
          Sweetness, your Duke hate is almost as blinding as the sun.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Sweetness, your Duke hate is almost as blinding as the sun.
            What are you talking about? Prince said the same thing I did, why didn't you quote him?

I thought Stephen would have a huge game and would take you down to the wire. Never did I say you were going to lose, although I was hoping for it. Davidson is a one man show, playing on the road against a top 10 (yes, top 10 not top 5) team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
              Harry Potter will rape you in a dark alley when you least expect it...
              Goooooo Kansas...top 15 team ZOMMGGGZZZZZ. ;)

Indiana lost pretty much 100% of its team from last year. White, Ellis, Bassett, Gordon, Thomas...They are like a JV team this year. Crean's a very good recruiter and a decent coach (don't think he's much to sneeze at with his X's and O's ability). IU will be a good team in a couple years but for now, I'm pretty sure I speak for most Illini fans that put up with the Gordon/Sampson fiasco, it's a pretty sweet sight to see them at rock bottom. It serves them right for hiring a cheater of a coach, embracing him, and then denying he did anything wrong to be fired/investigated.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Manny Harris: 18 points, eight rebounds, five assists, four steals.

Win.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  What are you talking about? Prince said the same thing I did, why didn't you quote him?

I thought Stephen would have a huge game and would take you down to the wire. Never did I say you were going to lose, although I was hoping for it. Davidson is a one man show, playing on the road against a top 10 (yes, top 10 not top 5) team.
                  Because you hate Duke so much you wouldn't admit their greatness even if they were brought the 2000 team back with Kobe and Lebron on it. And that's ok.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Because you hate Duke so much you wouldn't admit their greatness even if they were brought the 2000 team back with Kobe and Lebron on it. And that's ok.
                    Duke's got a good squad this year, but until they get a legit inside presence, they won't make the FF.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Duke's got a good squad this year, but until they get a legit inside presence, they won't make the FF.
                      I'm not talking about this year only. Sweetness is the guy who will denounce them no matter how good they are. For the record, I don't think they're the second best team either, but they may go deep come tourney time. Defense could carry them.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Oh no doubt, I hate Duke so I am biased. But watching them play, I agree with Sniper they still don't have a low post threat, which will hurt them. You live by the 3, you die by the 3. Look at the past National Champions (UCONN had Okefor, UNC had May, Florida had Horford, Kansas had Arthur, Kaun, and Jackson).

Duke has a good squad this year, I believe they are a threat to do some things come March, but I still don't believe they are a top 5 team right now. We'll see come ACC time though.

Comment

• Varnado is a blocking machine. Seriously, UK is one of the best blocking teams in the nation... We've got 2 of the top 3 in the SEC in blocks but....

Varnado 86
                          Stevenson 39
                          Patterson 34

lol... Can't believe MSU went into Bud Walton and won. I figured Arkansas would struggle on the road but I thought they'd be stout at home.

Comment

• The Gophers came within 1 of a NCAA record for most 3's made without a miss with 9 today in a 20 point win over Penn State.

Next up is @ Wisconsin on Thursday. Should be a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Manny Harris: 18 points, eight rebounds, five assists, four steals.

Win.
                              Sniper, what is your opinion of Iowa's basketball team after effectively bending them over and not using lube?

I didn't watch the game or look at any recaps, but I'm going to assume Manny Harris pretty much was undefendable down low and dominated in the paint on both offense and defense. Iowa prolly also shot a ton from outside, not making many.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Sniper, what is your opinion of Iowa's basketball team after effectively bending them over and not using lube?

I didn't watch the game or look at any recaps, but I'm going to assume Manny Harris pretty much was undefendable down low and dominated in the paint on both offense and defense. Iowa prolly also shot a ton from outside, not making many.
                                Didn't see the game, TBH.

Judging by the box score, Iowa turned the rock over way too much and Manny did his thanggggggggg...Iowa shot 6/17 from 3 (35.3%). While not great, it's not awful either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information