College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post

I think Dyson had more rebounds than Thabeet last night....
    No he didn't. Thabeet had 11, Dyson had 9.

Comment

• He had more rebounds at one point....

but thanks statman.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
        Davidson says hello
        If you read my posts I say that changes in the Tourney. Because refs call games tighter and it affects how physical Wisconsin is on defense.

Btw, the Tucker/Taylor Wisconsin team lost to Ohio State? Umm don't think so.

They didn't even make the Sweet 16 that year, lost to UNLV. In fact they weren't even in the same region.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• As much as it pains me to say, Louisville is easily playing as well as anyone in the country.

Sure wish Sosa didn't hit that prayer, a win at Louisville would've been sweet on UK's resume.

It will be ridiculous if Georgetown is ranked this week.
          Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 01-25-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• That's a pretty bad loss for Georgetown. The Prudential Center isn't even that hard of a place to play. I was at the overtime Villanova game and there were points where us 'Nova fans were actually louder than the Seton Hall fans in attendance, and it wasn't like that was a blowout it was obviously a close game the whole way.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              If you read my posts I say that changes in the Tourney. Because refs call games tighter and it affects how physical Wisconsin is on defense.

Btw, the Tucker/Taylor Wisconsin team lost to Ohio State? Umm don't think so.

They didn't even make the Sweet 16 that year, lost to UNLV. In fact they weren't even in the same region.
              Or Wisconsin's defense was just overrated by the fact that they dominated the sub-par Big 10 defensively...

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Or Wisconsin's defense was just overrated by the fact that they dominated the sub-par Big 10 defensively...
                um, sorry, no

it had alot more to do with a lack of offense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Some of the Big 10's perceived great play on defense is due to their take the air out of the ball offense. The Big 10 always dominates the PPG category but a better indication is FG% allowed. With that said, Bo Ryan can get a team to get down and play defense. It's just always bothered me that the B10 is looked at as a conference that plays great defense when as much as anything they just limit possessions, thus limiting scoring. I'm not saying it's a bad style of play (boring though) or that everyone in the league does it... Just generally, that's how those teams play.

Always puzzled me when Tubby was here he was hailed as having great defensive teams. While they were always good defensively, they weren't necessarily great.

Comment

Wisconsin is a very good defensive team....in Big 10 play because they are allowed to play physical, that changes in March. I would consider Purdue to be a very overrated defensive team as they hack and foul all the time, but since they are given the "aggressive" label no one ever calls it in the Big 10.

I wouldn't be arguing with two guys who actually follow Big 10 Basketball on a consistent basis on this subject.

Ryan is a very good fundamentals coach but like I said, his teams don't usually fair well when they face other conferences. But they are a pain in the ass to play during the regular season. Refs aren't use to seeing their style of play so they perceive their defense as "fouling."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Pitino has had the same issue at Louisville. They roll into the tournament but the whistle gets tighter and they wind up getting in foul trouble, losing.

Comment

• I love the Badgers style of play. I know most find it boring, but I find it just the opposite. I see a lot of Marquette games (and am even a bit of a fan) and they have the high powered offense and face others like them in the Big East. I find the Big Ten and more specifically Badgers to be much more entertaining. Eventhough it failed, the comeback attempt at the end of the Illinois game was great. The defense and fundamentals in the final two minutes to give a serious shot at winning was executed so well.

I just have a thing for defensive basketball. I find the NBA incredibly boring.

Comment

• You can have defense AND put up points.

Kansas last year is how a team should play. Score in transition, look to penetrate and score early in the shot clock... Play great defense (man to man). That's the way UK is heading in style of play and I love it, never thought our style of play bothered me until this year and I realized how much more fun it is to watch.

Regardless, if a team plays hard-smart basketball AND gets the W, that style of play is going to be fun. It's just as a fan of college basketball, the Big Ten provides some rough games to watch. I really like the Big 12 style of play.

Comment

• Anyone have the video of Chase Budinger getting his face stepped on?

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                              I think he actually regressed this year. Last year he could actually catch the ball and had the touch to make lay-ups. This year he can't even bring the ball up past his waist without it squirting out of hands. If he somehow manages to get a shot off, it slams against the backboard like a brick. He gets the ball right in front of the basket and dishes it out because he knows he can't score over 6'8" forwards.

It's really ******* frustrating to watch, but Adrien is a beast and Price, Dyson and Walker all come to play.

I think Dyson had more rebounds than Thabeet last night....
                              Adrien is a beast out there I like him more than Price on that team.

Hubert Davis hit on the head last night. "He brings the ball down past his waist. Thats one of the first thing a center is taught not to do! He'd have about 10 points at the half!"

I'd love to see him play hansbrough or Jarvis, because they'd dominate him. Harangody does well on him despite the fact he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many shots.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                              Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                              I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                              LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                                Adrien is a beast out there I like him more than Price on that team.

Hubert Davis hit on the head last night. "He brings the ball down past his waist. Thats one of the first thing a center is taught not to do! He'd have about 10 points at the half!"

I'd love to see him play hansbrough or Jarvis, because they'd dominate him. Harangody does well on him despite the fact he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many shots.

Harangody shoots a good %, not sure why you think he shoots to much. 47% is fine, especially since he does shoot the occasional 15 footer and even threes sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information