College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    I have to say I agree with Yoda. How can you not respect what Coach K and Duke have done in the last 25 years? They run a clean program as far as anyone knows and play fundamental basketball.
    I'm not saying they're the only ones to do this but their players parents get high paying jobs only to be let go once that player leaves...

I don't get all pissy over Duke like most people do but I do get tired of the love fest on ESPN and the favorable calls. I definitely dislike them but generally I just ignore them.
    Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      So it's ok to hate the Yankees because they are the Yankees, but not Duke because they are Duke?
      Duke doesn't "buy" their teams, they do it with work and class.

Hell of a game tonight, but I think Duke sent their ladies squad on the trip aside from Singler and Henderson. Props to wake on a nice win though.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I want to toot my own horn again when I said that Wake would win the ACC. They are, hands down, the most complete team in the country.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          I want to toot my own horn again when I said that Wake would win the ACC. They are, hands down, the most complete team in the country.
          Don't premature toot just yet. They haven't won it yet... They do have a loss to VT and have to play UNC and Duke again.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

Comment

• UConn the new #1 or does Wake jump them? Discuss.

Paul

New York Giants
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks (unfortunately)
            UConn Basketball
            Virginia Tech Football
            UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Don't premature toot just yet. They haven't won it yet... They do have a loss to VT and have to play UNC and Duke again.
              They did have a few injuries that game, but they just have such a great team on paper and on the floor. The front-court of James Johnson and Al-Farouq Aminu is probably the best in the country and Jeff Teague is a top-5 guard in the country. It is becoming more and more clear that front-courts are what win championships in college and that is why Wake will play Oklahoma in the NCAA finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                UConn the new #1 or does Wake jump them? Discuss.
                My vote goes to Wake... They've beat #1 twice.

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                They did have a few injuries that game, but they just have such a great team on paper and on the floor. The front-court of James Johnson and Al-Farouq Aminu is probably the best in the country and Jeff Teague is a top-5 guard in the country. It is becoming more and more clear that front-courts are what win championships in college and that is why Wake will play Oklahoma in the NCAA finals.

I do love me some Capel but Oklahoma in the final? care to sig bet that one?

they get smoked.

Comment

Both have one loss. Wake beat Duke this week and Uconn beat Depaul. Wake has to jump them.

Comment

Wake has beaten 2 #1 teams in the country. UConn's best win is probably at West Virgina. That is all.

Comment

How about I sig bet you ASU makes it further in the NCAA tourney than Duke?

Comment

My vote goes to Wake... They've beat #1 twice.

Oklahoma has a good shot. Blake Griffin is the most dominant player in the country and their guard play is solid enough with Willie Warren, Tony Crocker and Austin Johnson who has been lighting it up lately.

Comment

Wake has beaten 2 #1 teams in the country. UConn's best win is probably at West Virgina. That is all.
                          UConn's best win is at Gonzaga. West Virginia was a good win too. Also beat Miami and Wisconsin at neutral sites.

Paul

New York Giants
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                          UConn Basketball
                          Virginia Tech Football
                          UConn Football

Comment

UConn's best win is at Gonzaga. West Virginia was a good win too. Also beat Miami and Wisconsin at neutral sites.

Miami and Wisconsin have both fallen off the face of the earth. And Gonzaga/West Virginia come no where close to matching UNC, Duke, and Clemson.

Comment

Al Farouq Aminu is a stud, so athletic and he is much more polished and NBA ready than I thought he would be coming out of college. Can handle it and is a great rebounder, he does need to work on his jump shot though.

Comment

• Ravens #1!!!!!!!

Wooooo Aps!!!!!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information