College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Miami and Wisconsin have both fallen off the face of the earth. And Gonzaga/West Virginia come no where close to matching UNC, Duke, and Clemson.
    I wasn't trying to argue UConn over Wake, just trying to point out to turtle they have beaten good teams. I think Wake should jump UConn, and I hope they do. I don't want UConn at #1 cause that'll give them an undeserved sense of accomplishment. They need to earn that ranking.

Paul

New York Giants
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
    UConn Basketball
    Virginia Tech Football
    UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
      I wasn't trying to argue UConn over Wake, just trying to point out to turtle they have beaten good teams. I think Wake should jump UConn, and I hope they do. I don't want UConn at #1 cause that'll give them an undeserved sense of accomplishment. They need to earn that ranking.
      Gonzaga has shown to be VERY overrated by many (including myself). Also, the game was technically a neutral site game in Seattle. =P

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Yeah, it's really a joke that Gonzaga is still ranked ahead of a team like Washington. Their best win all year is against Tennessee, and they have lost to Penn State and Arizona.

Comment

• Gonzaga is underachieving right now, they could be a dangerous team in March if they start clicking. Austin Daye is a tremendous athlete and Jeremy Pargo is a very good PG. Matt Bouldin, Steven Gray are solid rotational players and Josh Heytvelt is a big man who can spread the floor.

Paul

New York Giants
          New York Yankees
          UConn Basketball
          Virginia Tech Football
          UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            Yeah, it's really a joke that Gonzaga is still ranked ahead of a team like Washington. Their best win all year is against Tennessee, and they have lost to Penn State and Arizona.
            I wouldn't even consider Tennessee a good win right now. :(

We've lost like 4 of our last 5 home games. Damn Scotty Hopson. You're a 5 star AA from Kentucky that was supposed to be a good shooter. I shoot better than that ass ****** with my left hand. Rainbow shot 3 pointer air balls FTL.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I can't believe Georgetown lost again. This team has just fallen off the face of the Earth.

Also, I'm sorry for ever mentioning "Syracuse" and "defense" in the same sentence together...

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• How high do you think Terence Williams from Louisville will be drafted?
                he kinda reminds me of Lebron James, except not nearly as good. if that makes any sense..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                  How high do you think Terence Williams from Louisville will be drafted?
                  he kinda reminds me of Lebron James, except not nearly as good. if that makes any sense..
                  Mid to late first round pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Williams is a very good player who can do it all. He is good for a #2 role and I compare him to Scottie Pippen(w/ Jordan). Also a less polished Brandon Roy. I think after workouts he could sneak his way into the lottery.

Comment

• That Louisville team is just incredibly talented and incredibly athletic. It's been nice to see them put it all together. I thought they were going to win the BE preseason and still do, they've got a shot to really make some noise in the NCAA's this year as well.

EDIT:

One helluva battle of incompetence between Rutgers and Seton Hall on ESPN2 right now.
                      Last edited by derza222; 01-29-2009, 08:19 PM. Reason: didn't want to double post

Comment

• Clemson/VA Tech was a good game. Clemson with a big win on the road. Bob Knight is great as a color men. Very insightful.

Paul

New York Giants
                        New York Yankees
                        UConn Basketball
                        Virginia Tech Football
                        UConn Football

Comment

LeBron? Nah man. Williams though I love. Imo Williams> Earl Clark. Earl gets all the attention for his size and length but he's an enigma. So inconsistent. IMO Williams is a more skilled but not as vertically gifted Gerald Wallace. He can handle, pass, rebound, defend, slash, and has a decent mid range-outside shot. IMO he in Phil Jackson's triangle offense would be a dream. That would allow them to avoid having to pay Ariza a sizeable contract. Also they could lose Odom and keep Ariza.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            LeBron? Nah man. Williams though I love. Imo Williams> Earl Clark. Earl gets all the attention for his size and length but he's an enigma. So inconsistent. IMO Williams is a more skilled but not as vertically gifted Gerald Wallace. He can handle, pass, rebound, defend, slash, and has a decent mid range-outside shot. IMO he in Phil Jackson's triangle offense would be a dream. That would allow them to avoid having to pay Ariza a sizeable contract. Also they could lose Odom and keep Ariza.
                            Almost like a shorter Boris Diaw to compare him to another player on the same team, perhaps a Wallace/Diaw combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              okay, i didnt mean hes as good or gonna be the next Lebron James. I ment it like he can score, pass, rebound an is really athletic. He's no where near as good but he's still good.
                              get what im saying? or am i going no where? haha

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Almost like a shorter Boris Diaw to compare him to another player on the same team, perhaps a Wallace/Diaw combo.
                                I don't know about Diaw I guess in the sense they are tall and can handle and pass but Diaw is incredibly unathletic and his game is revolved around posting. He operates from the post with both scoring and passing. As a perimeter defender he lacks foot speed but has the ability to guard bigs. I guess a poor man's Scottie Pippen is really the best comparison for him. Or maybe Andre Iguodala, or a less scoring talented Caron Butler.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information