No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only reason Thabeet is an "elite big man" is because he is 7'3". Have you seen him on offense? He makes Tyson Chandler look like The Dream. Thabeet is a defensive center but I just don't see the hype, NBA big men are going to kill him, he looks so indecisive.

And how does me hating on an overrated player have anything to do with Duke big men? For all the talent Coach K gets, his results are underwhelming, especially in the post season. His non-recruiting, or well success with landing good bigs has been a question mark, it has nothing to do with my opinion of Hasheem Thabeet who just got killed tonight by DaJuan Blair, the 2nd best big man in college basketball, whoops did I just say that? ;)

ESPN Big Wigs: "Where the **** is Hansbrough?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Weber can't cut it?

Have you seen his classes through 2011 so far? It's top 15 this year, top 5 in 2010, and we already have a 4/5 star PG in Tracy Abrams with Mike Shaw hopefully soon to follow.

Weber can flat out coach, that wasn't his "downfall" it was that he didn't recruit well when he first got here, but now his recruiting has picked up his downfall has suddenly become a strength, and that's a good sign for Illinois Basketball. Weber's one of the best X's and O's guys in the game.
      Oh he recruited " top ranked Incoming recruits"? Whew. Nevermind, problem solved.

Look at your adversary ( duke) for how top-tanked recruits don't always turn out as expected. Then take a look at Florida of recent past and see their recruiting techniques. Not 4 or 5 star guys that did it for the.
      Last edited by TitleTown088; 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Oh he recruited " top ranked Incoming recruits"? Whew. Nevermind, problem solved.
        Actually it probably is. What Weber has done with this years team is quite remarkable. We are in the top 20 some how. We are starting a walk on, two young bigs, a young pg, and a senior who fans booed last year in Frazier.

Give Weber guys with talent and work ethic and he will coach them very well.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          Woo woo......Missouri #10

Very nice. Mike Anderson is doing an Excellent job with that program.
          Don't get too used to him, he may be 'Bama bound.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            DaJuan Blair, the 2nd best big man in college basketball
            True Story!

22 points and 23 rebounds against "The Best Defensive Big Man in the Country" *cough cough"

Love me some DeJuan Blair

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Don't get too used to him, he may be 'Bama bound.
              How so? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

• Wow, we might pull this out one with out blowing it at the end.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

How so? That doesn't make much sense to me.
                  Seems to be the early favorite for the job down there. From the area and it's also a better spot for recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    Seems to be the early favorite for the job down there. From the area and it's also a better spot for recruiting.
                    Nah, he's committed to winning at Missouri.

Comment

Until the Crimson Tide offers more money, then he is committed to winning at Alabama.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Just like Nick Saban was committed to winning in Miami.

Comment

• Eat it Texas fans! 88-61!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Holy hell Blair was a monster.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              Eat it Texas fans! 88-61!
                              Their humiliation is nothing compared to that of Florida fans after losing to Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Eat it Texas fans! 88-61!
                                Good game. I dont think I've ever seen a college basketball team collapse the way Texas has this season, the incoming recruiting class is greatly needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information