College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    Just like Nick Saban was committed to winning in Miami.
    Some coaches run off when things aren't going well and when they're offered more money. Other coaches are committed to building a program

Been plenty of coaches rejecting "better" job offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      Their humiliation is nothing compared to that of Florida fans after losing to Georgia.
      Could not believe that one happened, Georgia is rough this year. Granted they were making everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
        I find it funny that you rip on Duke for not having a big man and then rip on a top 5 big man in college basketball.
        Give me a break. He's not top 5 at all. I'd take Griffen, Hansbrough, Varnado, Blair (who kicked his ass tonight), and Jon Brockman over him in a second

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
        Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
        I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
        LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Thabeet versus teams with quality centers:

Gonzaga - 9 pts, 2 rebs, 1 blk
          Georgetown - 4 pts, 7 rebs, 7 blks
          Notre Dame - 9 pts, 11 rebs, 5 blks
          Pitt - 5 pts, 4 rebs, 2 blks

He can dominate the patsies with his size, but against quality big men he just pales in comparison.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1496193

Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
            Give me a break. He's not top 5 at all. I'd take Griffen, Hansbrough, Varnado, Blair (who kicked his ass tonight), and Jon Brockman over him in a second
            So you are taking a guy who avg 13 and 9 with 4 blocks a game over a guy who avg 13 and 10 with 4 blocks a game and shoots a higher field goal percentage?

You also are taking a guy who average 14 and 11 with 2 blocks ON THE YEAR over the guy who averages 13 10 and 4 blocks a game?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

So you are taking a guy who avg 13 and 9 with 4 blocks a game over a guy who avg 13 and 10 with 4 blocks a game and shoots a higher field goal percentage?

You also are taking a guy who average 14 and 11 with 2 blocks ON THE YEAR over the guy who averages 13 10 and 4 blocks a game?

Yea I am. Have you seen his offensive game. Its awful. He brings the ball down past his knees after grabbing an offensive board. Nick Van Exel would know not to do that.

Did you honestley watch him against blair tonight? Blair destroyed him. There's no question he's better. Blake Griffen is the best player in college basketball case closed. I'd take Hansbroughs offensive gameover thabeets defenseand Hansbrough is a better defender than Thabeet is a scorer. So thatleaves us with Varnado and Brockman. Jarvis avergaes 5 blocks a game. Best in the nation, and he's 6'9,Thabeet is 7'3. Jarvis averages 14,9,and 5 blocks. Thabeet averages 13, 10, and 4. Jarvis also plays on aworse team, and plays better than heshould, where Thabeet should have griffen-esque stats. Brockman might be the best offensive pure center in college basketball. Thabeet is afinedefender but his size heshould be great on offense.

So in summation. He is not a top 5 big man in the country

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                Yea I am. Have you seen his offensive game. Its awful. He brings the ball down past his knees after grabbing an offensive board. Nick Van Exel would know not to do that.

Did you honestley watch him against blair tonight? Blair destroyed him. There's no question he's better. Blake Griffen is the best player in college basketball case closed. I'd take Hansbroughs offensive gameover thabeets defenseand Hansbrough is a better defender than Thabeet is a scorer. So thatleaves us with Varnado and Brockman. Jarvis avergaes 5 blocks a game. Best in the nation, and he's 6'9,Thabeet is 7'3. Jarvis averages 14,9,and 5 blocks. Thabeet averages 13, 10, and 4. Jarvis also plays on aworse team, and plays better than heshould, where Thabeet should have griffen-esque stats. Brockman might be the best offensive pure center in college basketball. Thabeet is afinedefender but his size heshould be great on offense.

As much as it pains me, I'd also take Arizona's Jordan Hill over Thabeet. Thabeet has just not been very dominate against physical inside scorers. He was playing RIDICULOUSLY soft tonight against Blair. That makes me question his ability in the NBA.

Comment

So Thabeet is punished because he is tall? He should be punished for being on a good team. I would be more willing to accept Harangody than either Jarvis and Brockman. I mean just because a person should be better does not make them worse than somebody else overachieving. To be fair I am not really a big Thabeet fan as I am scared the Bulls will draft him and really do not want him, but he really alters the game. Teams must attack UCONN different in the game.

Comment

So Thabeet is punished because he is tall? He should be punished for being on a good team. I would be more willing to accept Harangody than either Jarvis and Brockman. I mean just because a person should be better does not make them worse than somebody else overachieving. To be fair I am not really a big Thabeet fan as I am scared the Bulls will draft him and really do not want him, but he really alters the game. Teams must attack UCONN different in the game.
                    Luke "takes 10 unnecessary shots a game" Harangody over Brockman and Varnado? It helps to watch the players. I doubt you have watched varnado once.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

LOL props to Paul

Comment

• It seems Duke always gets to #1 about half way through the season then go down hill from there. :(

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Luke "takes 10 unnecessary shots a game" Harangody over Brockman and Varnado? It helps to watch the players. I doubt you have watched varnado once.
                        I have seen Varnado play actually only once. But 24 and 12 is pretty good from Harangody. Also with over 2 assists. Harangody is very similar to Tyler Hansbrough. But do you honestly feel that Harangody or Thabeet have no argument for top 5 big man?

Comment

All I know is that I would rather have Wendell McKines over everyone named.

Comment

I have seen Varnado play actually only once. But 24 and 12 is pretty good from Harangody. Also with over 2 assists. Harangody is very similar to Tyler Hansbrough. But do you honestly feel that Harangody or Thabeet have no argument for top 5 big man?
                            I like Harangody over Thabeet. Harangody I think has a legit arguement. I just don't think he's on the same level as Jarvis. Thabeet Should prolly be one of the top 3 players in the country. He's barely a top 10 big man IMO.

1. Griffen
                            2. Blair
                            3. Hansbrough
                            4. Varnado
                            5. Brockman
                            6. Harangody
                            7. Patterson
                            8. Thabeet

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

LOL props to Paul

Comment

I like Harangody over Thabeet. Harangody I think has a legit arguement. I just don't think he's on the same level as Jarvis. Thabeet Should prolly be one of the top 3 players in the country. He's barely a top 10 big man IMO.

1. Griffen
                              2. Blair
                              3. Hansbrough
                              4. Varnado
                              5. Brockman
                              6. Harangody
                              7. Patterson
                              8. Thabeet
                              I'd add:

Jordan Hill, Josh Heytvelt, Greg Monroe and Al-Farouq Aminu and James Johnson.

Comment

3. Hansbrough
                                Lies! He's #1!!!!!!!!!

I am kidding. Don't kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information