No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, personally think that Stephenson is overrated. Of all the times I've seen him, he is tremendously into the game for himself and looks as if he doesn't look at each opportunity to make the teams chances of winning better.

When I say that, I don't mean he is a competitor, because he is by all means, he just needs to understand that there are other ways to win the game besides scoring 30 a game. I guess flat out, he's a ball hog in the wrong situations.

Anyways, I think he ends up in Maryland, but it seems that he changes his top schools every week, so I'm probably wrong, as is everyone else who predicts it.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Stephenson is a bit of a headcase, doesn't seem like he'd be a good fit with Self. He's made for Calipari.
      actually I read some quote from Lance that he said(I'm paraphrasing here) that he thopught Self coulf help him become a better player.i'll try to find the exact quote

Comment

• At one point he called UK his leader, then didn't list them the next week. Not sure of our current involvement but I really don't think he would be a good fit here even though we need another scorer.

Comment

• Here is my Top 10 in the Class of 2009

1. Derrick Favors Power Forward Georgia Committed To Georgia Tech

2. John Wall Point Guard North Carolina Projected Commit to Baylor

3. Demarcus Cousins Power Forward Alabama Projected Commit to Memphis

4. Kenny Boynton Point Guard Florida Committed to Florida

5. John Henson Power Forward Florida Committed to North Carolina

6. Xavier Henry Shooting Guard Oklahoma Committed to Memphis

7. Avery Bradley Guard Washington Committed to Texas

8. Mouphtaou Yarou Foward Maryland Committed to Villanova

9. Abdul Gaddy Point Guard Washington Committed to Washington

10. Jordan Hamilton Power Forward Nevada Committed to Texas

Comment

• I'm sorry but I think John Wall is no doubt the top prospect next year. I think of Derrick Rose every time i watch him

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
            LOL props to Paul

Comment

• If this Wall kid is from North Carolina why the hell would he go to Baylor?
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Word on the grapevine is John Wall is all about Memphis.

Grades could be a concern, something he wouldn't have to worry about at Memphis. He came out and said State probably doesn't have enough talent for him to go there, and that leaves Baylor who was only in it because they hired his AAU coach.

Kid is absolutely nuts - I saw him and C.J. Leslie live against Ryan Kelly (goes to my school)... I talk to a lot of the kids on our team and most of them say he's going to Memphis.

I think he's better than Derrick Rose at this point in his career. He's twice as athletic, he'll no doubt be in a dunk contest before his NBA time is done. Only thing I think he's lacking is a perimeter shot, and even then he can go on hot streaks. Made 4 in a row (out of 5) against us.

You wanna see some nasty highlights of Wall and Leslie, youtube "Ravenscroft Word of God"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                  If this Wall kid is from North Carolina why the hell would he go to Baylor?

They hired his AAU coach, their playing style fits him, etc.

BTW big time performance by Abrams at the end of that game, he came up huge after struggling most of the game although he is still pretty overrated.

Also if I had to guess Sidney's commitment it would be USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                    Word on the grapevine is John Wall is all about Memphis.

Grades could be a concern, something he wouldn't have to worry about at Memphis. He came out and said State probably doesn't have enough talent for him to go there, and that leaves Baylor who was only in it because they hired his AAU coach.

Kid is absolutely nuts - I saw him and C.J. Leslie live against Ryan Kelly (goes to my school)... I talk to a lot of the kids on our team and most of them say he's going to Memphis.

I think he's better than Derrick Rose at this point in his career. He's twice as athletic, he'll no doubt be in a dunk contest before his NBA time is done. Only thing I think he's lacking is a perimeter shot, and even then he can go on hot streaks. Made 4 in a row (out of 5) against us.

You wanna see some nasty highlights of Wall and Leslie, youtube "Ravenscroft Word of God"

Memphis could be potentially sick next year. Xavier Henry is a stud and is already committed, and John Wall and Demarcus Cousins could be headed there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      Memphis could be potentially sick next year. Xavier Henry is a stud and is already committed, and John Wall and Demarcus Cousins could be headed there as well.
                      Well expect Wall and Cousins, I would think Tyreke would want to stay too. He'd get to play SG for a year which is his more natural position, make a Championship run, and become one of the nation's premier players with that talent around him.

Comment

• if auburn could hit what is called a free throw they would of beat LSU in their house and then could of had a good chance at winning out for the rest of the season and maybe making the tournament but now they are probably going to contend in NIT. the SEC tourny is wide open its actually really bad.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                          Well expect Wall and Cousins, I would think Tyreke would want to stay too. He'd get to play SG for a year which is his more natural position, make a Championship run, and become one of the nation's premier players with that talent around him.
                          I don't think that will happen because one of those two remaining players, whether it is Wall or Cousins will want their own team to lead into March or whenever.

I think Tyreke Evans is a one and done candidate anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            I don't think that will happen because one of those two remaining players, whether it is Wall or Cousins will want their own team to lead into March or whenever.

I think Tyreke Evans is a one and done candidate anyways.
                            Cousins is a PF and Wall is a PG, why wouldn't the two top players at different positions want to play for the same team if they're both really interested in that team. John Wall wants talent around him because they'll make him look better to NBA scouts, I already said that.

Comment

• I'm going with John Wall to Kansas now.

I just saw the piece of Basketball Recruiting on OTL and I'm pretty sure John Wall said he wasn't going to commit to Baylor. He didn't say it plainly, but it was pretty obvious what he was implying.
                              Last edited by JFLO; 02-22-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                                I'm going with John Wall to Kansas now.

I just saw the piece of Basketball Recruiting on OTL and I'm pretty sure John Wall said he wasn't going to commit to Baylor. He didn't say it plainly, but it was pretty obvious what he was implying.

...he's going to Memphis, there's really not much doubt in my mind.

He loves the idea of being the next Derrick Rose.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information