College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
    Why wont Carolina make a run in your opinion?
    Well, first off, if UNC gets a favorable bracket they could easily make it to the Final Four, and if they don't I'd be surprised not to see them play in the Sweet Sixteen. But I think the lack of defense will really hurt them in the end. They've simply just been giving up way too many points this year, and that will hurt them in the tourney.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• i competely agree with i think we could play enough defense because of our offense always scoring
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

i competely agree with i think we could play enough defense because of our offense always scoring
        That works in the regular season, but what happens when you run into a team who can score and play great defense?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• how many of those teams are there though..we'll just have to wait and see
          Coples is that dude.

Comment

how many of those teams are there though..we'll just have to wait and see
            Enough to prevent last year's UNC team from reaching the NC game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Expierence is key
              Coples is that dude.

Comment

• auburn had a huge win tonight @Alabama, came back from being like 13 down at one point in the 2nd half.

if auburn wouldnt of lost a couple close games earlier on in the year they would be in the tourny. right now they have a bye in the first round of the SEC tourny and have won 7 of their last 8 i believe. i think they have a strong chance of winning the tournament if they beat LSU.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Big game between Marquette and Pitt tonight. The BE tournament has a double bye for the top 4 teams, and whichever team loses tonight is at risk of losing their standing in the top 4.

If Marquette loses tonight and to Syracuse, or loses tonight and Villanova beats Providence tomorrow, they'll sneak out of the top 4.

And if Pitt loses tonight to Marquette, this weekend to UConn, and Villanova beats Providence, they'll lose their double bye. Though if that happens and Marquette loses to Syracuse there's a 3 way tie and I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work.

Regardless though, big game, and I'm sure both teams will be rooting for Providence tomorrow as well.

Comment

Expierence is key
                    Its is Key, but Carolina for the last 3 years has been the one of the most talented teams and they just play one game where they tank it. This I believe they are definetely the most talented and prolyl will make the final four with ease like last season, but I don't think they'll win. Also I have picked them the last two years so that goes into my thought process haha.

Trent Johnson hands down should be Coach of the year. Bill Self gets top knotch recruits every year its Almot like USC in football they're always gonna be one of the tops in the Big 12. LSu has been junk since Tyrus Thomas left and he has led them to a (likely) conference title.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                    Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                    I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                    LOL props to Paul

Comment

• While I doubt we have any shot at making the tourney unless we take the conference title, it be nice to get a win tonight and get some momentum heading into the SEC tournament.

Also big ups to Auburn I'm really pullin for them to knock off LSU and get into the tournament.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                      Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                      I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                      LOL props to Paul

Comment

• I always thought Lebo was an awful coach (not to say I was wrong) but Auburn has really played well this year. I was impressed with them when they played at Rupp.

Comment

• EA Sports its going to The Petersen Events Center tonight to see where Pitt lines up for tough places to play. OAKLAND ZOO BABY! While it may not be Cameron Indoor, its been ranked by Big East players as the toughest place to play. Pitt is undefeated at home. Couldn't get a ticket but Dicky V will be there. Can't wait for saturday.

P-I-T-T LETS GO PITT!

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Weber was named a finalist for one of the coaching awards I do believe. Nice to see that.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Hansbrough times those 3's perfectly..we needed that at the end of the half
                              Coples is that dude.

Comment

• May I ask what is with all the Memphis love? Granted I've only seen two of their games this year but everyone wants to give Cal all these props for what he's done but when you look at their resume and who they've beaten/lost to, I scratch my head.

Yes, they are 26-3, but they don't have any "key wins." Gonzaga and Tennessee to me aren't "key wins." They are solid wins but not the resume builder they need. They are 1-2 against the AP Top 25, that's not very good. Have losses to Syracuse, Georgetown, and Xavier. Again, solid teams but for all the press they are getting, they lose to those 3? Cuse' and GT are 2nd tier Big East Teams and Xavier while a good A10 school isn't that great of a team.

Memphis benefits from playing in a piss poor conference, and especially with this season, a very weak OOC schedule in which they lose 3 games. We beat their #2 school (Tulsa) back at South Padre. I just don't see the hype at all.

The fact that they are getting #1 votes in the polls is really, really questionable. I think a team like UNC, UCONN, Pitt, MSU, etc would destroy them by double digits. When Xavier is quite possibly your biggest game this year, I think that's an indication that your schedule is very, very soft. I'd have them as a 5 or 6th seed, not a 1 or a 2.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information