College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    Balanced teams win in March (see Stanford last year). Either that or teams with incredible guard play (see Illinois in 2005). You have to have one or the other and Mizzou has neither. I like Carroll and I like Lyons but I see no way that they advance to the Sweet 16 unless they get a favorable seed and favorable matchups.
    I'll yet you know what I think when the brackets come out, but I think a good frontcourt can take you at least until the second weekend esp. considering Missouri is looking at a 4 seed or so.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• what channel will duke/unc be on tonight?

i looked for it and i'm local, but couldn't find it.

also, florida leads kentucky. if they hold on and have some solid SEC tournament wins, we could honestly make the NCAA's. not go anywhere in them, but make them,

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
        what channel will duke/unc be on tonight?

i looked for it and i'm local, but couldn't find it.

also, florida leads kentucky. if they hold on and have some solid SEC tournament wins, we could honestly make the NCAA's. not go anywhere in them, but make them,
        ESPN, I'm assuming.

Iowa up on Penn State late...Penn State on Bubble Watch?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Man, it would be awesome to ruin PSU's athletic seasons twice. However, we blew a 12 ish point lead vs. PSU last time with like 6 mins left, so yea...

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            ESPN, I'm assuming.

Iowa up on Penn State late...Penn State on Bubble Watch?
            I don't think at this point, with two wins over Illinois, one over Purdue, Mich. St., one over Minnesota... they should make it regardless.

Comment

• I still think PSU is in barring a complete flop next weekend. Too many good wins and 4th place in the Big 10 regular season;

Purdue, MSU, and Illinois (x2). Their OOC schedule wasn't that strong but they have 4 marquee wins (two on the road against us and MSU).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Florida is playing very, very good defense and hustling very well today.

These are the two things holding us back from being a tournament lock.

If Billy can keep that going through the SEC tournament, we should make the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                  I'll yet you know what I think when the brackets come out, but I think a good frontcourt can take you at least until the second weekend esp. considering Missouri is looking at a 4 seed or so.
                  Which is absolutely ludicrous if they get a 4 seed. Such a hot and cold team, I see no consistency in their results this year. Lose to Nebraska. Beat a decent team, lose to Kansas State. Start off strong early and lose big to Illinois. Reel off 7 straight and get smashed by Kansas. Beat Okie, get smashed by A&M a game later.

I don't see Missouri as a good team away from home at all. I don't think they win more than 1 game next weekend and again, I just don't buy the hype. Way too many games where they have gotten blown out by double digits.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Talor Battle is ridiculous.

Comment

• Iowa doing it's best to blow this.

Also, after this game, Jake Kelly will have played 205 minutes in his last 5 games...

Comment

• Eh, Penn State is making some plays. Battle is IMO the best player in the conference. He really doesn't have a lot around him and has had an unbelievable year, kid is nails.

I know people will say Hummel, Lucas, Turner, Moore, Morgan, etc but Battle is insane. Single handily taking this game over right now.

Comment

• Honestly, I think Battle is the best and he deserves POY for basically carrying PSU. Turner is also ridiculous, and has carried OSU, but not in the way Battle has for PSU. Lucas is my 3rd, but he isn't really as close to the top 2 as they are to eachother.

and that's a terrible call.

Comment

• We shut down Turner both times we played them so that's why I have other guys ahead of him. Evan has a lot of raw ability still and I think this year was his learning curve.

Battle and Lucas are hard to compare because they play two different roles on their team. Lucas distributes and is the floor leader, Battle has to playmake for his team and be the #1 scoring option. There is a lot more pressure for Battle to come and play every game than there is for Lucas.

But yea Battle is sick, he does shoot a lot but it's hard to blame him with his supporting cast.

Comment

• I just think Turner did really well this year given the circumstances of OSU and how he essentially was forced to take over. Idk if he is necessarily the 2nd best talent, but imo he has played 2nd best this year.

Also, these refs are horrendous in OT so far.

Comment

• Missouri just cut the lead to eight...Aggies downing their best to blow it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information