College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I am behind the times.

I though the SoCon tournament started on par with the rest.

They'll still make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      Well I am behind the times.

I though the SoCon tournament started on par with the rest.

They'll still make it.
      And why is that...?
      I'm a state.

Comment

• Yea Davidson is out. They're 1-4 vs. the RPI top 50 and their RPI is like 69th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          And why is that...?
          Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          Yea Davidson is out. They're 1-4 vs. the RPI top 50 and their RPI is like 69th.
          Because they're Davidson and everyone is on Stephen Curry's nuts.

I don't think they deserve to, but they'll make it.

Florida is like 1-160 against the RPI top 50 and they're still very much in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
            Davidson won't make the tourney. Deservedly so. Stephen Curry is such a chucker, he puts up so many shots...no wonder he leads the NCAA in scoring.
            Can you blame him? Have you seen that roster outside of Curry? He's the only guy on the team who can create his own shot. He's probably seen every defense known to man played against him. For being really the only legit Division I player on that team, what he's done this year I find pretty amazing. Yea he does shoot a lot but that's because he has to. He's really the only scorer on the team. He's the focal point of every opposing coach he goes against and still usually lights it up.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Davidson won't make the Tournament, regardless of what the selection committee thinks of Curry their numbers do not stack up against other bubble teams and they will get killed in the first round as they are a double digit seed right now. They won't put them in there based on one player, and if they do then that committee should never be allowed to choose the field again.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                Davidson won't make the tourney. Deservedly so. Stephen Curry is such a chucker, he puts up so many shots...no wonder he leads the NCAA in scoring.
                Yea, he averages like 2 more shots a game than most other top scorers and still shoots 46%, that's sooo terrible...

Jodie Meeks, who plays on a team with much more talent, averages 16 shots a game compared to 20 for Curry, both shoot 46% (45.6% for Curry). Luke Harangody, also on a much more talented team, averages 19 shots a game and shoots 47%. So, what is the difference between Curry and other leading scorers? It certainly isn't the fact that he shoots overwhelmingly more than them...

Comment

• Big Ten fans,

Does Northwestern have any shot at getting in besides winning the conference tourny? Or will they more than likely be and NIT team?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                    Big Ten fans,

Does Northwestern have any shot at getting in besides winning the conference tourny? Or will they more than likely be and NIT team?
                    They can probably make the finals and lose and be in the tourney. So more than likely they will be in the NIT.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Big Ten fans,

They need to win the Big Ten tourney

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Can you blame him? Have you seen that roster outside of Curry? He's the only guy on the team who can create his own shot. He's probably seen every defense known to man played against him. For being really the only legit Division I player on that team, what he's done this year I find pretty amazing. Yea he does shoot a lot but that's because he has to. He's really the only scorer on the team. He's the focal point of every opposing coach he goes against and still usually lights it up.
                        Pretty amazing that he has only been held to under 20 points 3 times this year. Once being when Loyola Maryland double teamed him the entire game and kept him scoreless. I would give the Greyhounds credit, but they still lost by 30. Purdue and Appalachian State kept him to 13 and 16 points respectively.

Comment

• Anyone have any smaller school sleepers?

If Siena and American can make it back in this year I like their chances to potentially pull of an upset. I really like Kenny Hasbrouck and Garrison Carr last March.

Comment

Anyone have any smaller school sleepers?

If Siena and American can make it back in this year I like their chances to potentially pull of an upset. I really like Kenny Hasbrouck and Garrison Carr last March.
                            Siena, VCU, St. Mary's, North Dakota State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Siena, VCU, St. Mary's, North Dakota State
                              Eric Maynor is very good. Kid was clutch when the knocked out Duke a few years back.

Comment

• I got UW and OU as two teams I'm really looking for in the Final 4 already...

I like St. Mary's, Dayton, and maybe even College of Charleston as sleepers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information