No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State had that game won yesterday. The MVC really has been down as opposed to previous years I think UNI is the only team that will make it.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
    Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
    I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
    LOL props to Paul

Comment

• I'm just hoping that the SEC only gets two bids, that would be absolutely hilarious. You have to figure that both Tennessee & LSU are in. South Carolina has a lot of wins, but they've beat literally no one. They have zero wins inside the RPI top 50 to go along with a weak SOS & RPI rating of their own. Auburn was in the same boat until they beat LSU this weekend. Neither Kentucky nor Florida deserve to get in. South Carolina and/or Auburn have a shot to play their way in, but I would really like to be able to laugh at the SEC getting just two bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
        Besides Siena i don't think any of those teams would get an at-large bid. Utah State could be up there too.
        St. Mary's can get an at-large bid, especially if they win tonight against Gonzaga

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          I'm just hoping that the SEC only gets two bids, that would be absolutely hilarious. You have to figure that both Tennessee & LSU are in. South Carolina has a lot of wins, but they've beat literally no one. They have zero wins inside the RPI top 50 to go along with a weak SOS & RPI rating of their own. Auburn was in the same boat until they beat LSU this weekend. Neither Kentucky nor Florida deserve to get in. South Carolina and/or Auburn have a shot to play their way in, but I would really like to be able to laugh at the SEC getting just two bids.
          I only see three IMO, LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn or South Carolina. As much as I would like to say we have a shot, unless we go to the finals (even then its doubtful) we're NIT bound.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            St. Mary's can get an at-large bid, especially if they win tonight against Gonzaga
            They'd get the Auto-bid then.

Its not impossible but they'd need a lot of help from the major 6 conferences bubble teams losing.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
              They'd get the Auto-bid then.

Its not impossible but they'd need a lot of help from the major 6 conferences bubble teams losing.
              yeah, you're right...i forgot tonight was the WCC tourney championship...I don't know what I was thinking there

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                I love Curry but Davidson does not deserve to be in over the likes of FSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Arizona, Penn State, UF, South Carolina, Miami, BC, etc...They deserve to be in the NIT this year.
                Over the likes of FSU, are you kidding me? You're lumping them with the bubble teams??? They're a top 25 team and 10-6 in the ACC.

Comment

• Maynor is killing right now.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    I'm just hoping that the SEC only gets two bids, that would be absolutely hilarious. You have to figure that both Tennessee & LSU are in. South Carolina has a lot of wins, but they've beat literally no one. They have zero wins inside the RPI top 50 to go along with a weak SOS & RPI rating of their own. Auburn was in the same boat until they beat LSU this weekend. Neither Kentucky nor Florida deserve to get in. South Carolina and/or Auburn have a shot to play their way in, but I would really like to be able to laugh at the SEC getting just two bids.
                    Tennessee and LSU are automatic bids for winning their respective halves of the SEC.

I think two more make it out of these three: Florida, Auburn, South Carolina

Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                    I only see three IMO, LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn or South Carolina. As much as I would like to say we have a shot, unless we go to the finals (even then its doubtful) we're NIT bound.
                    Uh, yeah, unless Mississippi St. wins the tournament then they're probably not in.

Hopefully the Gators make the finals, I think that would put us over the hump.

A key thing you have to look at in this tournament is the way the games are set up. Florida avoids LSU all the way to the finals, with the most dangerous team they play up to then being Tennessee. Assuming someone can knock UT out, then Florida just has to make it past Arkansas, Auburn, and Vanderbilt/Alabama to make the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                      Tennessee and LSU are automatic bids for winning their respective halves of the SEC.
                      There's only one autobid per conference and that goes to the winner of the conference tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        There's only one autobid per conference and that goes to the winner of the conference tournament.
                        Yeah, sorry, I'm not familiar with that whole procedure. Both are "locks" on the recent ESPN article... just kind of thought it meant they're in already.

Comment

• George Mason's big men are not doing anything tonight.

I am really impressed by VCU's Larry Sanders. He has been a monster on the glass and blocking shots. Not a bad inside scorer either.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• Well since Charleston (after beating Davidson) is pretty much dead in the water at this point, you can officially rule out Davidson.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• http://bigtennetwork.com/sports/mbas...ory_id=3189752

Big XI awards.

Comment

• VCU is going to pull off an upset.. I love the inside-outside combo of Maynor and Sanders. Anyone follow VCU basketball? I'm wondering how much Maynor has developed since his freshman...I haven't watched him play a whole game since the Duke-VCU game a couple of years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information