College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    VCU is going to pull off an upset.. I love the inside-outside combo of Maynor and Sanders. Anyone follow VCU basketball? I'm wondering how much Maynor has developed since his freshman...I haven't watched him play a whole game since the Duke-VCU game a couple of years ago.
    Maynor has become quite the player, and beyond his success in college, he has become a legit pro prospect and may even flirt with the end of the lottery due to the lack of quality PGs in the draft. VCU is a team to reckon with come tourney time and they have a chance to do what Western Kentcuky did last season; be that team that was seeded low but made it to the Sweet 16.

Edit: VCU winning isn't an upset because they were four point favorites for the game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• The MAAC Championship between Niagara and Siena is a good one
      Last edited by princefielder28; 03-09-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        The MAAC Championship between Niagra and Siena is a good one
        It looks like it will come down to the end.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

VCU is going to pull off an upset.. I love the inside-outside combo of Maynor and Sanders. Anyone follow VCU basketball? I'm wondering how much Maynor has developed since his freshman...I haven't watched him play a whole game since the Duke-VCU game a couple of years ago.
          Eric Maynor is the best point guard in the nation right now, I can say that with no hesitation what so ever. He is the complete player. A true point with great vision, can get inside and finish Tony Parker esque with his strength and floater. The dude can hit a runner from the 3 point line with consistency. He's a great free throw shooter, quick defender who gets steals, and his outside shot is so improved that now he can utilize it. Larry Sander is so intriguing in a Tyrus Thomas type mold. He is so inconsistent but has been the best shot blocker in the nation the past few years. Is Sean Williams like but the difference is he is a hard worker and a great kid. If VCU makes a sweet 16 run don't be surprised to see him declare as life without Maynor would be like Tyson Chandler without Chris Paul. This team is so damn dangerous when they are on. Aside from Maynor and Sanders when Joey Rodriguez's 3 point shot is on you are in deep ish. Rozell, Gwinn, and Burgess can also stroke it and can follow in the footsteps of former Ram greats like B.A. Walker and Jesse Pellot-Rosa. Everything with this team will be dependent on if Larry Sanders can stay out of foul trouble, and if they can get some sort of contributions from Pishchalinkov and Santill. Anthony Grant is an amazing coach and deserves to go to better places. He probably would have left but he knew Maynor was a once in a lifetime PG so he stayed with him. Another team to watch out for if they win in the Patriot finals is American U who played tough in last years tourney. Derrick Mercer and Garrison Carr is a top tier backourt in CBB, and Brian Gilmore is hot right now.

Also St. Mary's is proving why they should not have an at large bid. They haven't beat anyone real and they had to show they could at least be competitive in their conference with Patty Mills, but he has been awful and the team is playing terrible. Give me a Maryland or at least Davidson. I don't want a team who got blown out by 30+ in their conference tournament.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I wanted to give St. Mary's the benefit of the doubt, but tonight's performance has killed almost any chance of them making it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Maynor has become quite the player, and beyond his success in college, he has become a legit pro prospect and may even flirt with the end of the lottery due to the lack of quality PGs in the draft. VCU is a team to reckon with come tourney time and they have a chance to do what Western Kentcuky did last season; be that team that was seeded low but made it to the Sweet 16.

Edit: VCU winning isn't an upset because they were four point favorites for the game
              I meant in the NCAA Tourney

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Siena can play some ball...If they get in a guard-orientated team in the first round, I wouldn't be shocked to see them pull off the upset.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• WKU any good this year? They're playing in the Sun Belt Title Game tomorrow...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    Eric Maynor is the best point guard in the nation right now, I can say that with no hesitation what so ever. He is the complete player. A true point with great vision, can get inside and finish Tony Parker esque with his strength and floater. The dude can hit a runner from the 3 point line with consistency. He's a great free throw shooter, quick defender who gets steals, and his outside shot is so improved that now he can utilize it. Larry Sander is so intriguing in a Tyrus Thomas type mold. He is so inconsistent but has been the best shot blocker in the nation the past few years. Is Sean Williams like but the difference is he is a hard worker and a great kid. If VCU makes a sweet 16 run don't be surprised to see him declare as life without Maynor would be like Tyson Chandler without Chris Paul. This team is so damn dangerous when they are on. Aside from Maynor and Sanders when Joey Rodriguez's 3 point shot is on you are in deep ish. Rozell, Gwinn, and Burgess can also stroke it and can follow in the footsteps of former Ram greats like B.A. Walker and Jesse Pellot-Rosa. Everything with this team will be dependent on if Larry Sanders can stay out of foul trouble, and if they can get some sort of contributions from Pishchalinkov and Santill. Anthony Grant is an amazing coach and deserves to go to better places. He probably would have left but he knew Maynor was a once in a lifetime PG so he stayed with him. Another team to watch out for if they win in the Patriot finals is American U who played tough in last years tourney. Derrick Mercer and Garrison Carr is a top tier backourt in CBB, and Brian Gilmore is hot right now.

Also St. Mary's is proving why they should not have an at large bid. They haven't beat anyone real and they had to show they could at least be competitive in their conference with Patty Mills, but he has been awful and the team is playing terrible. Give me a Maryland or at least Davidson. I don't want a team who got blown out by 30+ in their conference tournament.
                    Ty Lawson says hello. We all know you have a hard on for the guy, but c'mon now. LaVance Fields, Nick Calathes, Johnny Flynn, Sherron Collins, Kalin Lucas...I like Maynor but you're stretching. Those would be mine, for sure Fields, Jonny Flynn, and Sherron Collins.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• And I'm not talking prospects.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• There's a legit argument to made that Maynor is the best PG prospect for the NBA...But he's def. not the best CBB PG.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

There's a legit argument to made that Maynor is the best PG prospect for the NBA...But he's def. not the best CBB PG.
                          I'll agree with that but he's not the best college point guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            Dude Lawson is playin the best ball of any point guard in the Nation. He's the most important player to uNC hands down. I'd also say LeVance Fields, and Jonny Flynn are better.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                            LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                              Dude Lawson is playin the best ball of any point guard in the Nation. He's the most important player to uNC hands down.
                              Yup. Hansbrough will always get his numbers, but that team runs through Lawson. When he's on, he makes everyone around him so much better and takes pressure off of Hansbrough.

Comment

• Siena looked good last night, but Rossiter and number 12 (the fat guy) just drove me nuts. Rossiter looks like he's 12 years old and was the shy kid in class. TO his credit he was pretty solid last night. The fat guy drives me nuts. He couldn't run the court, shuffled his feet when running and hardly touched the ball. What does h e contribute? I wonder how he made that team

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                                Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                                I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                                LOL props to Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information