College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    I'd say that's a fantastic breakdown and I agree..Weber is a better X and O's guy, but Self is a better recruiter...However, I think Self has a much more proven track record than Weber at developing players...Correct me if I'm wrong, because I was still relatively young at the time, but didn't Deron and Head only spend 1 year with Weber? I thought Self predomimently developed those guys. And for the record, in the context of College Basketball, I'd much rather have a guy who can recruit rather than a guy who is great at X and O's since the talent level can be so wide. Just my two cents. It will be interesting to see what Weber can do with the next couple of recruiting classes as they look to be far superior to anything he's ever had.

On a side note, take a look at Memphis's class next year: Henry, Dobson, Cousins, and maybe Wall, as well as a lot of other great pieces. Scary.

Edit: What Jayhawk board do you go to?
    A) Thanks for the response, you don't know how frustrating it is to try and tell this to some of the Jayhawk fans. They take it as me saying Self sucks as a coach when in fact all I'm trying to do is point out that they have contrasting styles and different strengths/weaknesses. Weber is more X's and O's, Self is more recruting and development.

B) Luther and Deron were with Bruce for 2 years. Augustine and Dee for 3. But Deron really wasn't much his freshman year, he blossomed his 2nd year and that's when Weber was coaching. Head almost lost his spot on the team after doing something very dumb, Weber gave him a second chance and now he's in the NBA. I agree that Self's track record is better because he has developed more guys than Weber has but I think if Weber keeps recruiting like he has, that gap between the two in that area will close shortly. Bruce cand develop guys if they are willing to put in time on and off the court.

C) I hate Calipari, he's a slime ball and a cheater but he wins and that's what people care about. He also plays in a horrible conference that I think we could probably run the table in.

D) This was on the Illinois Scout Board in the Coach of the Year topic.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Cal is a slimeball, but it's hard to ignore the talent he's putting together...It could rival the Fab 5 if he gets Wall

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• NDSU could become the first all-white team to make the NCAA tournament since 1831 :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• **** my life.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            **** my life.
            Where is the hole at?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              Where is the hole at?
              Ha. Dude, I am so pissed right now. Don't tempt my rage.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Ha. Dude, I am so pissed right now. Don't tempt my rage.
                Does your rage revolve around college basketball? Are you watching the Horizon League tournament and outraged that UofD isn't in it and arent very good anymore?

Comment

• Cleveland State is making the bubble teams worry a little bit

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Cleveland State is making the bubble teams worry a little bit
                    Butler only won their regular season meeting by 2 =\
                    I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera
                      Oakland University totally collapsed in the last 10 minutes. They were up by 14 and lost by 2. They would have had an automatic bid to the tournament.

**** it.
                      I forgot about the Golden Grizzlies! Oh well, did you really want to watch them play North Carolina again anyway?

Comment

• So since WSU beat UW are they going to make the tournament now?

(Washington state Cougars)

Comment

• F#$! BUTLER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!x
                          I'm a state.

Comment

• Wow.....nice job butler

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                            LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Yes!!! Go Vikings!

Comment

• Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                                What happened to Cincinnati?

DePaul doesn't win a Big East game all year, but goes out and knocks the Bearcats out in round 1! Wow!
                                and now DePaul is giving Providence all they can handle. guess they're just on a mission to do bubble teams outside the Big East a favor before they flame out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information