No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU just beat Kentucky. I don't think Big Blue will be dancing.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• kentucky :(

Comment

• Villanova's played well in the first half thus far. Not getting my hopes up though, Louisville's shots are going to start dropping eventually and they showed how quickly they can close after a couple nice possessions earlier.

Comment

• Just wonderful that Michigan decided to collapse in this half. I really hate Mike Davis.
          Last edited by Brodeur; 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            And we can now officially count out both Pittsburgh and UConn as championship contenders. In the tournament's entire history, no team that hasn't won their conference has won the championship. I didn't see UConn as elite without Jerome Dyson anyway.
            You contradicted yourself here.

"We can now officially count out UConn as championship contenders".

"I didn't see them as elite without Jerome Dyson anyway".

As a UConn fan, I thought we were finished when I heard Dyson was out for the year. You can't overstate his value to this team. Dyson is/was a solid defender and reliable scorer. Without him, we're stuck with Craig Austrie (most ******* useless pathetic excuse for a basketball player....good at NOTHING) and Kemba Walker (amazing talent, but can't shoot from ANYWHERE).

We lost to Syracuse because we don't have any perimeter shooters. Price tries but he had a bad night. Our bigs kept us in the game, but we were lost offensively when they fouled out.

I still think our starting 5 is good enough to make a long run, but we have absolutely no depth (aside from Edwards - the man) and it will be near-impossible for us to go the distance and win the tournament.

Pitt, on the other hand, is probably my favorite to win it all. Blair is a monster that no team can defend. When he stays out of foul trouble, he cleans up the glass and gets a ton of 2nd-chance points. Sam Young has a complete game offensively and he's difficult to defend. I'm not a huge fan of Fields, but he's a Senior PG and a good floor general, which is big in March.

Don't jump to conclusions off one game (Pitt), but Connecticut hasn't been the same without Dyson. I guess it took a 6-OT game for people to realize that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              Villanova's played well in the first half thus far. Not getting my hopes up though, Louisville's shots are going to start dropping eventually and they showed how quickly they can close after a couple nice possessions earlier.

If Louisville plays this well all the time they will be unstoppable
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• God dammit this weekend sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Geez Michigan looked bad tonight. No one looked worse than Manny Harris though. He couldnt do anything but turn the ball over. And did Mike Davis even miss a shot this game?

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                    If Louisville plays this well all the time they will be unstoppable
                    Obviously they won't be knocking down shots at that percentage on a consistent basis, but if they can stick around and have stretches like that they'll be ridiculous. They're incredible at contesting or blocking shots and getting their hands on the ball. Their defensive ability is just really going to bother teams come tourney time, and if they can score some they're going to be tough to beat.

Hopefully Temple pulls it out against Xavier.

Comment

• Go Cards!!!

Comment

• We really played like crap in the second half. It's ok, I'm pretty sure we're still in. I just hope we don't end up playing a team like West Virginia in the first round.

Comment

• We just lost to Baylor for the first time since 1998

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            We really played like crap in the second half. It's ok, I'm pretty sure we're still in. I just hope we don't end up playing a team like West Virginia in the first round.
                            We'll probably be stuck playing WVU now that you've said that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Congrats to the Baylor Bears on advancing to the Big 12 Championship game and beating Texas for the 1st time in 25 meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                                Congrats to the Baylor Bears on advancing to the Big 12 Championship game and beating Texas for the 1st time in 25 meetings.
                                I second that, rats off to them!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information