No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson did just got destroyed from the 3 point line by Lewis Clinch on Georgia Tech. I'm really just not a fan of Clemson, they always choke late in the season (1-4 last 5 games)

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
    Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
    I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
    LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
      I edited my post after you posted this, but it isn't just coaching. Both of our PG didnt earn their scholarships until this (their last of eligibility) year. Manny Harris has good assist totals, but thats from drawing the defense on his drives and kicking it. CJ Lee is the teams leader, can setup the offense, plays as hard as anyone in the country, but he isnt an amazing PG. Then we play 3 freshman a lot of minutes. Passing is not this teams strength.
      I definitely agree that most of it is on the PGs after watching them play. However, I don't understand why Beilein doesn't tell them to. I mean, I doubt if Beilein told them to do it every single time, they would just ignore it and keep playing. So, in my eyes, a certain amount of the blame is on him because there are games you see Sims working his ass off to get open down low and they don't even look his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
        Thats the problem, Bost, Stewart, and Turner have been very inconsistent all year. Jarvis is a top 5 big man in college ball and did a great job on Chism today (just 5-17) but Brockman is the best guy he's played all year. I really want to pick them but Bost and Turner just scare me a little too much. I got til thursday to make up my mind though haha
        I think they will both cancel each out defensively but Varnardo coming out slightly on top by out hustling the slow brockman. Varnardo compares well to USC's own Taj gibson (long lanky 6'9 PF/C, good shot blockers, athletic, quick), and taj has played him well before.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
          I don't, that isnt a good matchup for Michigan imo. Clemson is too athletic and fast. Really athletic teams give Michigan a world of trouble.

I also hate how EVERY year North Carolina & Duke play half of their games in North Carolina. Make them win some tournament games out of state for once, god.
          If they earn high seeds, then they deserve to be protected at home, which is the only time it happens. BTW, Duke was in DC last year, Georgetown was the #2 that ended up in NC.

Comment

• Watching the guys on espn break down who's advancing to the final four....just about all of them had all number 1 seeds advancing and I think all of them had Louisville vs North Carolina in the Championship. I know they're favorites but come on when do the favorites actually go all the way!

Comment

• If Michigan shoots well, we'll win. If we shoot like we did against Illinois, we'll get blown out.

Comment

• Michigan's in the Tournament!

Never thought I'd say that again...

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                  I think Michigan can and will make it rain 3 pointers against Clemson. Clemson's defense is extremely pourous. It's much easier to slow down games than it is to speed them up.

Cleveland State has one of the best defenses in the nation, and Wake really struggles to score often.

Temple plays much better defense than ASU and I think Christmas will score enough to beat ASU.

Right now, I have an all-Big East Final Four lol..UL, UCONN, Nova, and 'Cuse

Clemson has a great press and can get easy buckets off turnovers
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• After thinking through it again I have Gonzaga back in the Final Four with Villanova, Louisville, and UCONN

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Does everyone else get the feeling that there are going to be a ton of upsets in the tournament this year? Not just in the first round, but in general. With the way the regular season went, there has been a ton of parity in college basketball this year. I'm not sure I can see any more than two #1 seeds making it to the Final 4 just because they've all shown that they're vulnerable one way or another and there are so many solid teams out there. It's one of the toughest years I remember to pick out who is going to sift through everything and not get tripped up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Michigan's in the Tournament!

Never thought I'd say that again...

Comment

• AU will upset Villanova and crush everyone's bracket, that's my sleeper pick but don't follow me as I will probably be horribly wrong, but still AU has the big 3 and play style to beat Nova.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            AU will upset Villanova and crush everyone's bracket, that's my sleeper pick but don't follow me as I will probably be horribly wrong, but still AU has the big 3 and play style to beat Nova.
                            I actually really like how AU matches up with Villanova. However, the game is in Philly, and in the end, I think Nova wins in a tight one.

As a KU fan, I'm worried about NDSU. However, I think we'll pull away late for the W.

Clemson has a great press, but their half-court defense is horrible.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Minnesota-Texas should be fun. Good tradition with better athletes but doesn't play great defense. The key to the game is obviously Minnesota's ability to shut down A.J. Abrams and Damion James. Given their experience I'd say Texas is the favorite, but it should be a good test. Texas has certainly played down against inferior talent before and Tubby Smith will have them coached up right.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Minnesota-Texas should be fun. Good tradition with better athletes but doesn't play great defense. The key to the game is obviously Minnesota's ability to shut down A.J. Abrams and Damion James. Given their experience I'd say Texas is the favorite, but it should be a good test. Texas has certainly played down against inferior talent before and Tubby Smith will have them coached up right.
                                I'd be more worried about stopping Pittman the way he's playing. Pittman has actual offensive dominant moves when he isn't tired. James gets 15-20 points but that's scrap points. He's like Shawn Marion, extremely productive but you don't really plan to stop him. He's gonna get his points no matter what. It's about making sure Pittman doesn't look like the college version of Sean May, and it's about stopping penetration from Balbay and making Abrams desperate to shoot even if it's too far out. You should leave Gary Johnson open on the perimeter. He loves taking outside shots even though he can't make them.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information