X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had Wake winning round 1 and then losing to Arizona

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      Why did I buy into all of NFLDC's "Memphis is overrated" talk? After losing a final four team yesterday (Wake) I'm going to lose an elite eight team today (Maryland).
      I was one of the loudest anti-Memphis people so I'm going to say listening to me is bad.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
        I had Wake winning round 1 and then losing to Arizona
        So did I, I still have 14/16 Sweet Sixteen teams alive, but I had an awful round one.

Something like 24/32.

Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Mainly because I wanted one non-#1 or #2 seed in the final four. And I didn't plan on Jeff Teague forgetting his team was in the tournament.
        Jeff Teague seems to forget he's playing basketball sometimes. Kansas is the non-one or two to have IMO. Either them or Oklahoma.

Comment

• I'm pretty happy about having Memphis win it all.

Much less happy about having UCLA in the Final Four. :(

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I'm pretty happy about having Memphis win it all.

Much less happy about having UCLA in the Final Four. :(
            I feel for you, I had 'em winning today. No way they make it past Duke AND Pitt if they were lucky enough to win today though. Their road was just too tough for a team with no size.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
              So did I, I still have 14/16 Sweet Sixteen teams alive, but I had an awful round one.

Something like 24/32.
              I wouldnt call 24 of 32 awful

I have 15 of my sweet 16 teams still alive, lost FSU

Comment

I wouldnt call 24 of 32 awful

I have 15 of my sweet 16 teams still alive, lost FSU
                Eh, considering I made some incredibly stupid picks, it was.

I went with UNI and PSU over Purdue and Xavier respectively.

Missed every 8/9 too, but I'm not really upset about that. Those are always 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post

Jeff Teague seems to forget he's playing basketball sometimes. Kansas is the non-one or two to have IMO. Either them or Oklahoma.
                  Oklahoma is a 2 seed, not a big deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Oklahoma is a 2 seed, not a big deal
                    Right... Maybe I was thinking Cuse since they play. I need to be careful when I type.

Comment

• did anyone else take USC over Mich St?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        Why did I buy into all of NFLDC's "Memphis is overrated" talk? After losing a final four team yesterday (Wake) I'm going to lose an elite eight team today (Maryland).
                        Because the "talk" was and still is legitimate. Memphis is shooting what, 65% from the floor in today's game? You're not going to lose very many if you can shoot like that game in and game out.

And also regardless of how "hot" Maryland is they are not a very good basketball team. I thought California was a good matchup for them because I think the Pac-10 is a terrible conference but it's apparent right now that Memphis is in another league on the floor and on paper. Outside of Vasquez Maryland isn't a deep team and they don't have a lot of talent, an example of an overachieving team this year.

I have Memphis going to the elite 8 but that was more based on who they had in front of them. I don't like Mizzou and the #2 seed is very favorable for them in terms of matchups.

If Memphis keeps shooting like they have so far in this Tournament I think they have a shot at knocking off UCONN but here's the problem, they won't keep shooting like they have from the outside and they will now be facing teams that are actually worth a salt.

Memphis is overrated for what they are. I think they are a good team, not a great one. Certainly IMO not deserving of a #2 seed (watch me eat my words if they get to the Final 4 lol) going into this Tournament. 27 straight wins or not, they played a cake schedule and when they were actually tested, they lost to Syracuse and Georgetown and beat two teams I'm not a big fan of, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

We'll see what kind of team Memphis is when they have to play some big dogs, although I still think they handle Mizzou (who is also overrated) and advance to the Elite 8.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I'd like to see Washington, Michigan and LSU win these next handful of games but I doubt the last two happen.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• My bracket lives or dies with my Texas>Duke prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              My bracket lives or dies with my Texas>Duke prediction.
                              I really hope you are right :)

Comment

I really hope you are wrong :)
                                I got Duke

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information