College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    My bracket lives or dies with my Texas>Duke prediction.
    Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
    I really hope you are right :)
    I'm in on that one too. Hate Duke.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• F Purdont.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
        F Purdont.
        Whether or not I can make a comeback in any of my brackets hinges on Purdue losing. I have Washington in the Elite Eight, beating UConn.

Comment

• I didn't have the pair to pick Texas over Duke.

Can't believe Washington is laying an egg right now.

Comment

• Go Blue!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
              Go Blue!!!
              Indeed. As much as I like UNC, I really wish I could watch the UM game right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Indeed. As much as I like UNC, I really wish I could watch the UM game right now.
                cbssports.com

high quality

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  I didn't have the pair to pick Texas over Duke.

Can't believe Washington is laying an egg right now.
                  What do you mean laying an egg? I realize it's early in the game but Purdue is destroying that team.

People severely underestimate the Big 10 and what MSU and Purdue can do. Both of those teams are very, very good and they don't rely on star power like teams such as the Sooners, Arizona State, Memphis, etc do. Very good teams that have a ton of weapons. When Purdue is healthy (mainly Hummel this year) they are very, very good. They shoot the 3 well, defend, and have an inside game.

I mean for a conference that supposedly "sucked" we had two upsets against higher ranked ACC teams (Michigan and Wisconsin really were our "bubble teams" anyway), our top two teams held serve, Ohio State lost in the last second in a great game, and Minnesota was knocked out by a Texas team that is completely different than they were in the regular season now that Pittman has come on like he has. Illinois really didn't "drop the ball," with Frazier I think it's a much different game and lets face it, Illinois severely overachieved this year, on paper we are a middle of the pack team in our conference.

Next year the Big 10 will be one of the best major conferences in the country, pretty much all of the marquee players come back and the strongest teams of our conference will be strong again next year (Illinois might drop though, we are pretty young next year).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                    Because the "talk" was and still is legitimate. Memphis is shooting what, 65% from the floor in today's game? You're not going to lose very many if you can shoot like that game in and game out.

And also regardless of how "hot" Maryland is they are not a very good basketball team. I thought California was a good matchup for them because I think the Pac-10 is a terrible conference but it's apparent right now that Memphis is in another league on the floor and on paper. Outside of Vasquez Maryland isn't a deep team and they don't have a lot of talent, an example of an overachieving team this year.

I have Memphis going to the elite 8 but that was more based on who they had in front of them. I don't like Mizzou and the #2 seed is very favorable for them in terms of matchups.

If Memphis keeps shooting like they have so far in this Tournament I think they have a shot at knocking off UCONN but here's the problem, they won't keep shooting like they have from the outside and they will now be facing teams that are actually worth a salt.

Memphis is overrated for what they are. I think they are a good team, not a great one. Certainly IMO not deserving of a #2 seed (watch me eat my words if they get to the Final 4 lol) going into this Tournament. 27 straight wins or not, they played a cake schedule and when they were actually tested, they lost to Syracuse and Georgetown and beat two teams I'm not a big fan of, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

We'll see what kind of team Memphis is when they have to play some big dogs, although I still think they handle Mizzou (who is also overrated) and advance to the Elite 8.
                    The thing is Memphis is the best defensive team in the nation. They are big, fast, and athletic at every single position and have depth. Their problem sometimes is finding a scorer but the thing is they have so many scorers its just no one steps up when Tyreke isn't the man. I still think though Memphis has to be a favorite to make the final 4.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                      cbssports.com

high quality
                      Thanks for the link. I'd use it, but I'm using my girlfriend's computer because mine's getting fixed and her computer is ridiculously slow.

Comment

• Go Michigan! I had Clemson beating Oklahoma in this game so it would be nice to see the Sooners go out in this round to a Big 10 team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I have ou winning this game but would much rather see a michigan win

Comment

• DeShawn Sims just worked Blake Griffin...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              DeShawn Sims just worked Blake Griffin...
                              That was kind of just a lucky hook shot. He couldn't push back Griffin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I'm getting tired of all the Griffin love

OMG! He almost made a tip-in! How could he do that?!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information