College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    Because Washington was about 1/7 in the last minute and got 3 defensive stops or so on the way. They missed easy shots at the end, that's not because Purdue was good, it was because UW had things break the wrong way.
    GMAFB, this is just absolutely ridiculous. Purdue was the better team the entire game, I don't know what game you were watching but it's pretty evident who the better team was and is. They had a double digit lead pretty much the entire game and you think Washington "deserved to win?" Purdue missed 6 straight shots down the stretch and held the lead the entire time, so that basically cancels out your 1/7.

First it was "Washington is laying an egg" and now it's "they should have won this game."

**** me man.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
      Do they really have to show Griffins parents every 15 seconds
      His mom is more terrifying than the clown in It. Maybe CBS is promoting a new horror film starring her as the killer.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        His mom is more terrifying than the clown in It. Maybe CBS is promoting a new horror film starring her as the killer.
        hahaha, and his dad looks like Seal

Comment

• Washington shot better from the field as well I believe, so to say "it didn't go their way" is pretty hilarious considering they shot better than Purdue did.

Purdue played a better 40 minutes, that's basically why they won, plus the fact that they are a better team IMHO. Washington is very underrated though, good inside/outside scoring and Thomas is a beast of a player.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Probably could have with the fact that he tossed around Wolverines without getting a foul call for half the game. Not that I'm complaining or anything...
            Well Michigan needed to play real basketball and not just flop every second. Only Duke gets those calls. Griffin takes as many hits as he puts out.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              GMAFB, this is just absolutely ridiculous. Purdue was the better team the entire game, I don't know what game you were watching but it's pretty evident who the better team was and is. They had a double digit lead pretty much the entire game and you think Washington "deserved to win?" Purdue missed 6 straight shots down the stretch and held the lead the entire time, so that basically cancels out your 1/7.

First it was "Washington is laying an egg" and now it's "they should have won this game."

**** me man.
              Wow, for an Illinois fan, you're really getting quite pissy over me saying something about Purdue...

Let me show you something:

That's 4 missed layups. It would have been -11 if not for a made layup after one of the misses.

Purdue should have lost that game because they let Washington come back and let Washington get in things down the stretch. Purdue only kept the lead because the Huskies couldn't execute. And GMAFB with the Purdue was the better team the WHOLE game... Check the 2nd half, Washington had a +9 or something points advantage. I don't know what you know about basketball, but my understanding is that the goal is not to have nine points shaved off your lead if your the better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                Well Michigan needed to play real basketball and not just flop every second. Only Duke gets those calls. Griffin takes as many hits as he puts out.
                Refs didn't have much of a problem giving the flop charge calls to the Sooners though. The one Manny Harris fouled out on was really, really weak. Griffin gets a lot of leeway from the refs, it has to be pretty explicit for them to blow the whistle on his contact.

Comment

I feel for you, I had 'em winning today. No way they make it past Duke AND Pitt if they were lucky enough to win today though. Their road was just too tough for a team with no size.
                  To be fair, they have more size than Villanova does. By a decent amount, too.

Anybody know anything about Jrue Holiday? At the end of the game our bench senior Frank Tchuisi got some rare minutes for the tourney and was holding the ball with 3 seconds left, and Holiday tried to slap it out of his hands. Kind of a bush move, not that it really mattered any, just thought it was a little excessive.

Very interested in the outcome of the Duke/Texas game. I can't decide which team would be a more favorable matchup for us.

Comment

• maybe my math is off but thats -11 not 9

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                      maybe my math is off but thats -11 not 9
                      After one of the misses, they made a shot. Cancels out.

Not to mention the fact that Washington missed three or four free throws down the stretch.

Comment

• Oh man. Once Gonzaga tips, they're going to make me watch them instead of Duke. Awful.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

After one of the misses, they made a shot. Cancels out.
                          true but still I agree Washington should have won

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                            hahaha, and his dad looks like Seal
                            Say what you want about Seal's looks, but he's tagging Heidi Klum and we're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Say what you want about Seal's looks, but he's tagging Heidi Klum and we're not.
                              Or are we....

Comment

• Texas has a shot if Balbay doesnt turn the ball over 10 times

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information