No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Laffy boys should have taken down Indiana tonight. They played thier hearts out, I will have a few words for Andrew Brown when they get back. It looks like they will have a solid season this year, those boys can play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
      My Laffy boys should have taken down Indiana tonight. They played thier hearts out, I will have a few words for Andrew Brown when they get back. It looks like they will have a solid season this year, those boys can play.
      Yea that and Indiana is just BAAAAD.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
        Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
        My Laffy boys should have taken down Indiana tonight. They played thier hearts out, I will have a few words for Andrew Brown when they get back. It looks like they will have a solid season this year, those boys can play.
        Yea that and Indiana is just BAAAAD.
        Lafayette should have a solid season in the Patriot League, they have a good group. As for Indy, they just played sloppy tonight, lots and lots of fouls, I'm still proud of my boys effort. With Bucknell losing all their stars no one should stand in their way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Did anybody watch the IU game? Those were honestly the worst refs I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

• What do you guys think about the Bob Knight "incident"?

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason
              What do you guys think about the Bob Knight "incident"?
              I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expects perfection out of you on the court.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1
                Originally posted by duckseason
                I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expect perfection out of you on the court.
                I agree completely. I was just watching Doug Gottlieb spout off about how it's just unacceptable and blah bih de blah blah blah....I would have loved to have been coached by a guy like Knight when I was a kid. He epitomizes what a HC should be, imo. I bet you that kid looks him in the eye next time he comes to the sideline. And he'll be a better player because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason
                  Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1
                  Originally posted by duckseason
                  I dont think it was a big deal at all he just wanted his attention. This happens all the time and if it wasnt Knight it wouldnt even be getting mentioned right now. I love Bobby Knight he is a real coach. He will fight for his team but he expect perfection out of you on the court.
                  I agree completely. I was just watching Doug Gottlieb spout off about how it's just unacceptable and blah bih de blah blah blah....I would have loved to have been coached by a guy like Knight when I was a kid. He epitomizes what a HC should be, imo. I bet you that kid looks him in the eye next time he comes to the sideline. And he'll be a better player because of it.
                  I agree 100% I would have loved to play under a coach like Knight. That kid is most likely going to school for free to play sports. I didnt even go to college but if I could have went and played under Knight and he smacked me because I was doing something wrong. Then so be it its Bobby Knight not some guy who isnt a winner. Knight is a WINNER. He will do everything in his power to win.
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                    I'll go with UNC, Ohio State, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Both Big Ten teams lose so It's UNC VS Kansas with Kansas winning
                    That would be sweet.As I speak for all KU fans it would be great to beat Ol Roy for the title

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                      Did anybody watch the IU game? Those were honestly the worst refs I have ever seen in my life.
                      Not as bad as your team looked last night though.

The balls were going both ways though. But yes, they were terrible refs.

A few things I noticed about IU. And I know it's only the first game but here's what I noticed:

1) If DJ White goes out you guys are in TROUBLE!

2) You can't play man to man defense to save your lives. UL was slicing through you guys like swiss cheese. Although I will say you played better D in the last 5 minutes.

3) Besides Calloway I don't fear any of the guards on your team scoring wise. Wilmont needs a kick out because he can't get his own shot, at least from what I saw.

4) UL plays terrible man to man defense and you guys still had trouble getting into the lanes and scoring. That and you couldn't hit an outside shot to save your lives.

5) You don't have any "quality" bigs besides DJ White. Well I guess Mike White is ok but that'll be a problem this year for you guys.

6) You have about 3 or 4 athletic guys on your entire team. I think that poses a problem against a team as say Ohio State or a really athletic team.

7) You don't have a true PG in your lineup. I don't see anyone on the floor who can run that offense. Calloway is more of a 2 then a 1, and the lack of a PG will hurt.

8) Boy you guys should have and could have lost that game. UL outhustled and outplayed you for 35 minutes until they crumbled off of their own dumb mistakes.

Like I said I know it's only the first game but you guys looked BAAADDD. I don't think I've seen a worse performance from a Big 10 school in a long time. Can't say that I didn't enjoy watching you guys struggle though as an Illini fan. :D

Btw, Jamar Smith is likely out a couple weeks. God damn. We just can't catch a break this year so far. McBride gets a DUI, Randle pulls his groin, and now Jamar sprains his ankle. Great. :roll:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49
                        Originally posted by GB12
                        I'll go with UNC, Ohio State, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Both Big Ten teams lose so It's UNC VS Kansas with Kansas winning
                        That would be sweet.As I speak for all KU fans it would be great to beat Ol Roy for the title
                        Jeez, after the past few years, you would think KU fans would stop looking past the 1st round.

Bucknell, Bradley....who's next, Buffalo?

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• There's all this buzz going around about Bob Knight's sideline incident last night.

Personally, who cares? He (player) wasn't looking up at Bob Knight; he needed to get his attention. It's a bunch of hooplah about nothing.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen
                            There's all this buzz going around about Bob Knight's sideline incident last night.

Personally, who cares? He (player) wasn't looking up at Bob Knight; he needed to get his attention. It's a bunch of hooplah about nothing.
                            Agree 100%

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• I agree that this is an overblown incident. On Mike & Mike this morning, Golic went as far as to say that if his son's HS coach were to do that to his son during a game, he wouldn't mind. The player's mom also released a statement saying she was not concerned. This whole thing is really being pushed by the media because it's Bob Knight. If Coach K did this, it probably wouldn't make any news outlet. Back off and let the man coach. The player was playing poorly, then he didn't look the coach in the eye. Are we so overly protective and maladramatic in America anymore that people aren't even allowed to touch?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358
                                I agree that this is an overblown incident. On Mike & Mike this morning, Golic went as far as to say that if his son's HS coach were to do that to his son during a game, he wouldn't mind. The player's mom also released a statement saying she was not concerned. This whole thing is really being pushed by the media because it's Bob Knight. If Coach K did this, it probably wouldn't make any news outlet. Back off and let the man coach. The player was playing poorly, then he didn't look the coach in the eye. Are we so overly protective and maladramatic in America anymore that people aren't even allowed to touch?
                                Well said but sadly it has almost come to this. That kid is getting the chance of a lifetime right now to be in the same company as Bob Knight.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information