College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    Wow, for an Illinois fan, you're really getting quite pissy over me saying something about Purdue...

Let me show you something:

That's 4 missed layups. It would have been -11 if not for a made layup after one of the misses.

Purdue should have lost that game because they let Washington come back and let Washington get in things down the stretch. Purdue only kept the lead because the Huskies couldn't execute. And GMAFB with the Purdue was the better team the WHOLE game... Check the 2nd half, Washington had a +9 or something points advantage. I don't know what you know about basketball, but my understanding is that the goal is not to have nine points shaved off your lead if your the better team.
    You want me to go back and find how many missed bunny shots Purdue had?

I don't give a **** how you try and spin this, Washington got beat fair and square today. You don't want those layups to kill you, don't get down by 14 ******* points then.

Bad breaks my ass, they got outplayed for 40 minutes. It's nice they outscored Purdue in the 2nd half, but guess what, you were -13 in the first half, so that means you ended up 4 points short, how tragic.

You're probably wondering why I'm sticking up for a conference rival so much, well I'll tell you because I'm sick and tired **** like this. ESPN knocked the Big 10, people on this board knocked the Big 10, we got the 2nd lowest seeding point number of the major conferences (Big East had the most seeding points btw), and right now we stand at 5-3 in 8 games. 3 of which we were favored in. Two upsets against ACC teams, just knocked off the Pac-10's best, and hopefully our two teams that go tomorrow night can do some things. Oh and our "bubble" squad that wasn't playing well at all going into this Tournament put up a pretty big fight against Griffin and the Sooners.

So excuse me if I come off strong on this but when you've heard about it all year and you hear it even now when one of your teams knocks off a very strong team, it pisses me the **** off.

Anyone who watched that game knew who the better team was, and it was the one that ended up victorious. Home court advantage, higher seed, shoot better from the floor and you still can't win.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      After one of the misses, they made a shot. Cancels out.

Not to mention the fact that Washington missed three or four free throws down the stretch.
      E'Twuan Moore missed one, Lewis Jackson missed one, and so did JuJuan Johnson, please stop bitching about this game and trying to spin it so that it looks like Purdue didn't deserve to win when THEY LEAD THE ENTIRE ******* GAME.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Wow Sliding over and doesn't even really get hit and Duke gets the charge call, figures.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Go Texas! even though i have Duke beating us....my bracket is messed up anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            Say what you want about Seal's looks, but he's tagging Heidi Klum and we're not.
            I don't care, he's still an ugly ************. Kiss from a Rose is a nice little song though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Kiss from a Rose is a nice little song though.

And as you can see here...my respect for you took a precipitious decline in the last few seconds...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Go TOPPERS!!!!#!!#!##%#!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

And as you can see here...my respect for you took a precipitious decline in the last few seconds...
                  I was making a Batman Forever based joke, which was really unlikely for anyone to get since it doesn't make sense but that's how I roll.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Please win Western... Please... They are fun to watch, only other team I ever root for.

Comment

• I need a Texas win to salvage my bracket.

Comment

• Two good finishes coming, HOORAY!

Comment

• No call on offensive goaltending eh. And some really ugly D from Western Kentucky there.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• WKU got so excited they forgot to play defense...

Comment

• wow what a finish Gonz game

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                WKU got so excited they forgot to play defense...
                                Yeah...that was quite disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information